Oh Snap, is this the right direction, or should I turn left.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupWidU

Mar 5, 2012
United States
Okay here's my first post to ECF, have spent the last couple of weeks reading (didnt think I could read that much), now gonna let someone read something from me, maybe...lol

First off this community rocks, it reminds me of the sailing community, there's never any hesitation on anyone's part to help if and when its needed.

Second, I put down my last analog (learned that from here :2cool:) on January 1st of this year, after 42 years. Thanks to my sister for letting me use her V2 to assist in the stopping process.

So here's where I'm at, and would welcome any redirection, thumbs up, or whatever else might evolve with my thinking process. I'm still using the V2 off and on, mostly cuz I still have carts for it and as a starter to vaping world I have no complaints. BTW, I don't get paid to say nice things about products, but if they do a respectable job I shall always tip my hat. Ok so, did a bunch of reading and ended up buying a Genuine Joyetech Ego-T 1000 mAh Battery, and some Boge (Stainless) 510 3.0 Cartomizer for my next step towards joy land. More reading....... then I turned right on the path, and purchased the CE3 Smokymizer product. I'm going to be nice and just say damn, wrong turn, I didn't know what ejuice tasted like till these things started spitting non joy juice in my mouth. It's a good thing I have a sealed battery or that would have been trashed as well.

Okay so here's my thoughts on the next step, this is where ya'll come into the road trip. I have almost all the items required to make my own ejuice, and am totally excited about that process, however I need the right atty setup to do the taste testing on batches, and also want the capacity with respect to ejuice for all day at the beach vaping. So, I'm thinking the ego-c 2 atomizer set up is a good place to go? Yes/No, can I drip with this atty and at the same time attach the tank for vaping with the seals-n-sand? I'm pretty sure I understand the dripping technique, used for testing new flavors of ejuice, and for some the only way to vap because of the intense flavor/vapor smack down.

Okay that's pretty much where I'm at right now. I shall hitch my hobie 16 footer to the car, and point the rig west, from Georgia to Santa Cruz, CA to sail the Monterey bay for six months. I'll check back in when I get parked, and thanks in advance for all your help......

SAILING and VAPING rock!

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Oh yeah, the 510 compatibles are great (especially with a GotVapes Stardust).

But for my all day, no-fuss, carry-around setup I have started to really like the echo system (Kr808D connection, 1300 mah, auto - with an echo carto that holds around 3ml). Sure it looks like a cigar rather than a cig, but I don't need to fumble looking for the manual button, worry about the batt going dead, or running out of vapor.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
Welcome, and congratulations on your journey so far! I have no clue about sailing, but it always sounded like something I should try someday...

I don't think you can drip on the Ego-C atomizer. You can't really drip in the Ego-T so I'm assuming that goes for the C. I don't know for sure

I think you cannot go wrong with dedicated dripping, bridgeless 510 atomizers or with 306 atomizers. You don't need any adapter to use 306 on 510. There are several out there, but the point is that they have no bridge or wick that taints the flavor, they perform really well and they are much easier to clean than the typical, unmodded 510 atomizer. Ive been using "Cisco spec", whatever that means, and they work so much better than the standard atties that came with my kit! You can also "debridge" a regular atomizer, but I have no experience with that.

There are also 306 "exposed bridge" atomizers. They can be used for dripping, but you can use them for "dipping" as well. Basically you dip the atty in the liquid, some people use contact lens cases to do that. Never tried, but it's supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread...

I recently discovered the "306 hybrid" HH 357 - this is an expensive piece, vapes unbelievably well, and it really was what turned me back on to dripping.

For your battery, I think it's safe to use LR atties, but I wouldn't go below 1.8 Ohm or so. They will drain your battery faster, and there is a slight risk of shortening its lifespan, but they vape better / hotter than standard resistance. Not that everyone likes that, so you should probably try both.

I find that the ideal power setting varies from juice to juice since I've been using variable voltage, so you might think about that in the future...

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
For testing juice I'll echo elfstone, the HH357 does a darn fine job.

For a bit less money the I06, and drip tip to fit, does a good job too. (Available from Ikenvape)

I have both and use both, frequently.

When you have a few more posts under your belt, feel free to join us in the DIY sub-forum.

For insights into my methods and madness with mixing juice, check out my blog.

Have Fun and Smooth Sailing!

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I agree, planning on staying with the 510 connection, just looking for the right setup for dripping, and on the move vaping. Thanks for your reply, stay safe.

I have to ditto Hoosier on the Ikenvape io6... I have one, an LR 1.5 Ohm I've been using on my E-Power 3.7 volt PV now for almost 3 months without really knowing what I was doing, and it *still* works like a champ! Haven't tried the HH357 yet - blooming thing costs about 2/3 what I paid for my PV kit - and Ikenvape appears to be out of the io6 in 1.5 Ohm so I'm thinking I'll order some Ciscos from Avid Vaper Avid Vaper : Personal Vaporizers and Accessories (who also carries the HH357, BTW, for when I win the lottery or something). I *love* to drip (or dip) when at my desk and the Cisco are reputed to be good attys. Also they've been running a special, 2 plus a drip tip for $20 I think, so it's a good time to try them.

Best of luck, & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread