The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ohm chart for wraps?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by CelticWoods, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CelticWoods

CelticWoods Full Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Florida
    I have been trying to find a chart, or anything for that matter, that shows the resistance on different gauges of wire, on a 5/4 wrap. A +/- value is cool too. But the main should carry a list such as: 32g kanthal on a 5/4 wrap produces 2.4 ohms +/- , or something similar. Does anyone know of such an animal? Or is there anyone who'd be willing tot take the time to build it?? (Build it, and they will come)

2. beanpusher

beanpusher Senior Member ECF Veteran

3. Hiding

Hiding Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'd think there are too many variables for such a chart to be accurate.

A 5/4 wrap on a 2mm wick is going to be quite different then a 5/4 wrap on a 3mm wick.
    The distance between the coils of the wrap will also change the overall length of the wire.

So you would be better off doing the wrap your self, then take it apart and measure your finished length and use info from the post above mine.

4. iKN0WaGH0ST

iKN0WaGH0ST Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    at some point I figured out to multiply by 4: 1/8" wick = 4/8 = 1/2" length of wire per wrap. Likewise: 5/32 wick = 5/8" per wrap. 1/16 = 1/4" per wrap. etc. etc. etc. Add legs @ ~ 1/4" per leg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.