Ohm chart for wraps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticWoods

Aug 26, 2011
Florida
I have been trying to find a chart, or anything for that matter, that shows the resistance on different gauges of wire, on a 5/4 wrap. A +/- value is cool too. But the main should carry a list such as: 32g kanthal on a 5/4 wrap produces 2.4 ohms +/- , or something similar. Does anyone know of such an animal? Or is there anyone who'd be willing tot take the time to build it?? (Build it, and they will come)

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I'd think there are too many variables for such a chart to be accurate.

A 5/4 wrap on a 2mm wick is going to be quite different then a 5/4 wrap on a 3mm wick.
The distance between the coils of the wrap will also change the overall length of the wire.

So you would be better off doing the wrap your self, then take it apart and measure your finished length and use info from the post above mine.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Northern Virginia
I'd think there are too many variables for such a chart to be accurate.

A 5/4 wrap on a 2mm wick is going to be quite different then a 5/4 wrap on a 3mm wick.
The distance between the coils of the wrap will also change the overall length of the wire.

So you would be better off doing the wrap your self, then take it apart and measure your finished length and use info from the post above mine.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread