Ohm jumping around

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffCloff

Jan 9, 2018
Washington
I'm building on a goon rda and when I hit it my mod says the ohms were jumping between 0.22 and 0.27. So I immediately stopped hitting it to see if maybe the coil it touching the top cap, side of the juice well. It's not doing either. The coil leads aren't out poking the other coil. Idea's on what's causing it? could the pin not be screwed in all the way? I don't think its the mod either cause it reads everything else just fine.

Reactions: stols001

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Thanks guys and no they aren't SS. I suppose you can say I figured it out, after about an hour or so of messing with them I got angry and slapped em' a couple times with the screwdriver and now its fine
Sometimes hot spots can be a PiTA to work out, good to read it's sorted. The Goon is still one of the best RDAs out there.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
sometimes it's a doa atty... I have a limitless classic that does that, i've tried playing with the 510, different coils...and it still jumps around from .9 to .5, I can take one vape and then my mod is asking if it's a new coil...
i'd forgotten that's why i stopped using it...and put a new coil in the other day, took a few vapes, took a nice long vape and the coil popped so loud that I almost threw my vape, sounded like fireworks/car backfiring....

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
The Goon is still one of the best RDAs out there.

Agreed. Eightvape has the SS 1.5 on sale right now for a low $14.99. If I didn’t have quite a few I would grab one.

The OG and the 1.5 still out flavor a lot of new stuff I buy.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks guys and no they aren't SS. I suppose you can say I figured it out, after about an hour or so of messing with them I got angry and slapped em' a couple times with the screwdriver and now its fine

FWIW, one thing to watch for is the wire crossing itself as it's wrapped under the coil screws. When that happens you lose the 360 degree solid contact with the screw and the atty base.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Agreed. Eightvape has the SS 1.5 on sale right now for a low $14.99. If I didn’t have quite a few I would grab one.

The OG and the 1.5 still out flavor a lot of new stuff I buy.
Awesome price and if they would have had a Brass one to sit on my Furyan, it would be in the cart...

CliffCloff

Jan 9, 2018
Washington
Five hundredths of an ohm isn't really a big problem
Yeah I just didn't like the fact I built it threw it on my mech and purged it and after like .5 of a second of holding it down you could tell the power changed because of how much vapor was coming out. So Then I went to check and I was right the resistance was changing. Just worried me a little cause with my mechs I dont want that at all I want it to stay at a solid read and not jump around

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread