Ohms law basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hello everyone. I was reading a few posts and I noticed that a lot of people tend to mix up some stuff when figuring out their amps and resistance. I figured I would write this out on my board and post it for posterity.

It's one thing to know how to find a calculator, but in my opinion it's something that is important to understand is all.
I appreciate @Kiyle the Manlet you posting this. However, not every Joe or Jane is able to comprehend math formulas. Me being one of them. I find an Ohm's Law Calculator to be nearly foolproof for those folks who find themselves to be math-challenged.

I contend that we don't really need to understand Ohm's Law, but we do need to have a basic understanding, in layman's terms, of the principles of Ohm's Law.

Over the years I have strived to find an easy way to explain Ohm's Law for vapers, and a easy way to find the amp draw of a coil. Below are my best attempts to date:

Ohm's Law Explained for Vapers
  • My attempt at explaining Ohm's Law in simple layman terms and how it relates to vaping.
Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations
  • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Recently revised to be even more simple.

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio
I appreciate @Kiyle the Manlet you posting this. However, not every Joe or Jane is able to comprehend math formulas. Me being one of them. I find an Ohm's Law Calculator to be nearly foolproof for those folks who find themselves to be math-challenged.

Over the years I have strived to find an easy way to explain Ohm's Law for vapers, and a easy way to find the amp draw of a coil. Below are my best attempts to date:

Ohm's Law Explained for Vapers
  • My attempt at explaining Ohm's Law in simple layman terms and how it relates to vaping.
Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations
  • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Recently revised to be even more simple.
Thanks for contributing to the post. Hopefully the information you shared will be more useful! :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Baditude

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I realized I made a mistake. The wattage should be amps times voltage.

4pZ4Ich.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread