Ohm's question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzzo

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
USA
So I'm looking to get replacement coils for my protank 2 and at checkout it's asking what I want for ohms. 1.8, 2.2, or 2.5. Can someone explain the difference between these?

I'm not sure what I'm using now, but it seems to burn a bit too much if I even go over 3.3 volts. I think it may be the juice. But I have no idea what ohm to pick.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
If you have a variable voltage device then I'd go with 2.2 or 2.5. Basically the lower the ohm rating the less voltage they require/can take. I've found for variable voltage 2.2 is good because you don't have to crank it up too high to get a good vape. General rule of thumb is take the ohm reading and add 2 for voltage to start. So for example is you have a 2.2 ohm coil, start around 4.2v and adjust from there.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
If your battery is variable voltage, just get the 2.5 ohm coils.

The lower the resistance, the hotter the coil gets, and thus, the warmer the vape is.

Here is a chart that shows the optimal voltage/resistance ranges. Keep in mind that each vaper is different, and personal preference applies, so the chart is merely a suggestion.

safe-vaping-power-voltage-resistance-ohm-chart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread