Ohm's Vapes -- budget vaping at it's best

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Just wanted to pass along my impressions of a newer e-liquid company called Ohm's Vapes.

Ohm's Vapes, Ohm's Vapes - Home , was created by Scott from The vaping Budget on Youtube. Yes, another YT reviewer's line. But this is different, since Scott makes it in-house and keeps it in line with the "vaping on a budget" motif. Quality juice shouldn't cost a fortune, after all.

$3.99 for a 10ml, $7.99 for a 30ml, $11.99 for a 50ml, and $17.99 for a 100ml bottle. During the month of May, it's 25% off with code MAY25 for even more savings.

All of these liquids I received were in 50PG/50VG option in my preferred 18mg nic. I sampled all of these fresh out of the mail, and then after a few weeks, and for most of the creamier liquids a steep was required.

Me Lucky Charm: straight up cereal vape. But this one is authentic from the slightly sweetened oat bits to the colorful marshmallow bits on the exhale. Not overly sweet or heavy, it a perfect all-day-vape. This was fantastic FOOB and never gets old. 5 stars!

Blue Moo: described as sweet cream, vanilla, and blueberry. Fresh from the mail, it was a thick cream with a hint of vanilla, almost yogurt-like with barely a fruit note. After a week or 2, the blueberry really popped out and the vanilla and cream melded into a well balanced vaped. Not a sweet blueberry, slight tartness, but not sour; fresh not candied. Medium bodied, the vanilla cream is different than plain cream I've had previously a took a moment to get used to. Once the blueberry comes out around the 2 week mark, it swirls throughout the vanilla cream for unified bliss. 4 Stars.

Strawberry Blonde: sweet cream, vanilla and ripe strawberries. The strawberry was lush and ripe and was more evident out of the box. 2 weeks later, it mixed with the vanilla and cream. Both Strawberry Blonde and Blue Moo are... juicy. and the vanilla cream almost have a slight bakery note to them, but I think it's just the blending. Both are enjoyable and not too heavy or cloying, whereas the Strawberry Blonde matured a bit faster than the blueberry. 4 Stars.

Big D's Vanilla Custard: Fresh from the box, ahh, no. A bit harsh, peppery and dry. After a month now, it's more recognizable as a vanilla custard with a growing sweetness but still a tad peppery. None of my other flavors have that, so I don't think it's the nicotine (or that the custard doesn't play well with the higher nic). Lower watts, and the peppery-ness fades away. I've tried custards from several vendors, both bold and mild custards, and this one just comes off a little harsh. Looks to be a long steeper, and I still have hopes for it. 2 Stars for now.

Big D's Blueberry Custard: see above. After 2 weeks, the blueberry helped smooth out the custard harshness, but it still needs more steep. 2-3 Stars for now.

Blue Banana: described as "a special blend of blueberries, banana and sweet cream". Out of the box it's mostly banana and sweet cream. It's more of a cooked banana cream with a hint of blueberry. after a month the blueberry comes out a bit more, but the banana is holding this back for me. Just not enough sweetness from the cream and blueberry. It's okay, but not for long sessions. 2 stars.

Bananas Foster: I didn't order this one, but received a 10ml sample as a freebie with my initial order -- and I'm glad that I did. It's the same cooked banana flavor I didn't like in the Blue Banana, but in this, the cooked banana works, due to the whipped cream and caramel sweetness. The whipped cream is light a fluffy and this is just heaven in a dripper with open airflow. 4 Stars!

I am a budget vaper. I have to be since I don't make a lot of money. I've been enjoying ITCvapes for their quality ingredients and low prices; unique, sweet eliquids and some of the best strawberries vapes I've ever had. But they killed my coils. A part of budget vaping is the elquids performance, and ITCvapes ticked all of my boxes, but the coil killing ticked me off. I then tried DieselbyCG, and loved many of their flavors (and still do), but the highest nicotine content is 12mg; I can drip that at home, but out and about or at work, I still need 18mg. DieselbyCG offered the dessert flavors I liked and have a fantastic Strawberry Milk and custards that are clean burning and smooth. But I need my nic.

Ohm's Vapes fills in the gaps for me. Budget Vaping, high performance, quality ingredients and some tasty eliquids, all at a price I can afford.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
Nice review, thanks. It's difficult to find a good custard eliquid, especially on a budget. It's important to me to save money, too, but I haven't had much luck with budget ejuice. The Blue Moo sounds alot like a Mt Baker Vapor flavor by the same name, and that's one of the few I do like from them. I wanted to try ITC vapes Dirty Dutchman, but I heard it was a coil killer. I settled on Nicoticket's The Cure; it's delicious and there's a half price BOGO sale good for everything on their site.

Another company I've been wanting to try is Charlie Noble, people are raving about all their flavors, and their custard. They sell premium ejuice for $12.99 per 30ml, and offer free shipping. Their ejuice is also diacetyl free.
Does Ohms Vapes offer free shipping?

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Yes they do. For the sample pack, use code sample for free shipping. During the month of May, any order over $25 is eligible for free shipping; usually it's around the $50 mark.

As i said, I still have hope for this Big D's Custard. It just needs a bit more steep and likes lower wattages at this stage. I'm taking the Big D's Blueberry Custard with me to work tonight, in fact.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I'm glad you've found your vendor, Jef!:)

Thanks, Eleanor! I was quite happy with ITCvapes, except for the coil gunking they're worse than NETs! But they taste SO GOOD :drool: I just got tired of the weekly rebuilds of all 10 RTAs. And I miss HHV and NLV, but the budget is still too tight. I might pick up some small bottles just for dripping, though.

Hopefully Ohm's Vapes will succeed and continue on, since their range fall within my current flavor profile. And, hey, these are good liquids.

I hope you've been well.

Reactions: EleanorR

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Just an update on the Big D's Blueberry Custard and Big D's Vanilla Custard.

Just over a month old now, both liquids have smoothed considerably. The peppery notes have coalesced with the creamy vanilla. Just a few days from my review, these have steeped more and that was all it took to make these enjoyable now. Still not my favorite custard, but I now won't hesitate to finish the bottle that I have.

Revised rating: 3 1/2 Stars.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Sorry it took so long to continue with the review, but I came down with a nasty summer cold. Lots of mucous, and other nastiness.

All of these are 50/50 blend, 18mg nicotine

C-C-S: luscious! A creamy milk chocolate wrapped around a plump, sweet strawberry with white chocolate on the exhale. Chocolate is a difficult flavor, with most coming off as dry cocoa powder. I've had some really good ones, and some nasty chocolates and this is one of the good ones. Fresh out of the mail, the chocolate was perfect while the strawberry was buried deep below. After a week, the strawberry plumps up but this is still a chocolate vape. The flavor is light and balanced to enjoy all day long. 5 Stars!!

Strawberry Shortcake: frothy whipped cream, yellow cake (not batter) and sweet strawberry sauce layered on top of each other like a proper shortcake. More flavorful than some others I've tried, light throat hit but enjoyable. 4 Stars!

Happy Pappy: a fruit blend of green apple, raspberry and strawberry. The first week it had a slight soapy note. After a week that had mostly vanished, bringing forth the sharp tartness of the green apple, the raspberry twang and kiss of strawberry sweetness. A bit more tart than I normally enjoy, but it grew on me. It's lighter in body than the dessert vapes and is refreshing in the warmer weather. 3 1/2 Stars, just for the tartness.

Silly Rabbit: a Trix type cereal vape. Mostly orange with underlying corn cereal, but it's a good not-a-medicinal-children's-asprin orange. After a week, I think I pick up some grape in there as well. The corn cereal is slight sweet and mostly on the exhale. Another nice one for the warmer weather. 3 1/2 - 4 Stars. I received this one as a free sample and, based upon the orange flavor, will likely order a larger size or their Mad Orange.

BigTarBall

Jul 24, 2010
Crop County CA
I have tried Ohm's Vapes now, and for the price it is a pretty good every day vape. It ain't no Nicoticket, but it also ain't no Nicoticket price. I have gone through 10 sample flavors (70/30 VG/PG @ 3mg) so far. I am not good at describing flavors, but I'll leave a list of what I liked so far.

Ones that I really really liked and tasted as labeled. I will reorder these in bigger bottles:
-C-C-S (chocolate covered strawberry) The chocolate did make this vape.
-Butter Nutter
-Strawberry Shortcake
-Red Velvet

Ones that were good but not impressed with for MY taste buds:
-Cookies-n-Cream
-Killer Cupcake
-White Coco Raz
-Hazel-Cake
-Raspberry

Ones that were way to girly for my taste:
-Pink Flamingo (I thought this one tasted like a fruit punch)

Ones that I have not tried but should be in the mail today
-Red Tobacco
-Praline Cupcake
-Taste The Rainbow
-Root Beer Float
-Big D's Blueberry Custard

I need a good coffee/espresso juice and I am going to suggest that they create one.

Reactions: jefsview
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread