ok 510 recieved now what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-BAYJ

Jul 16, 2009
Tampa Bay , FL
total noob to vaping never took a puff on one till a few minutes ago

I just got my 510 from MVS ( a lot faster than expected )

read the manual , manual claimed it was ready to use out the box if I read it correctly

assembled it, ( I dont have any juice yet used the included marlboro prefilled cart that came with it ) hit the button.. took a few puffs

yuck , not much vapor and horrible taste (still in my mouth) did some reading about the primer thing have atomizer soaking in soda now

so few questions I want my first experience to be a pleasant one so:

should i have needed to charged the battery's ? put them one the charger for now ...the ppc that i ordered with it claims the battery is good to go

do those carts that come with them (marlboro high) taste really really crappy to begin with ?

should i wait till i get my juice from Drew to even mess with thing again ?

some tips about using a brand new atty for a 510

I know some of this has been covered I'm sure ...but I know U people love to help so thanks in advance

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
I don't know about that particular supplier.. but most of the cartridges I tried weren't bad tasting, 90% of the time people complain about flavor it's because of the primer.

Only advise I really have for you is to always make sure you have a spare fully charged battery.. even if you're just going to the store for 5min... because as soon as you don't grab it you'll be cussing yourself for it. That and to find yourself a case or way of carrying it that protects the manual button from being smashed when not in use. The last thing you want is a full battery going dead in your pocket for no purpose

GL & Happy Vaping.. Good choice on the 510 BTW - My Favorite PV :D

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Yes the carts taste crappy (not all though mostly the ones that come with sets))..but it's not the carts you are tasting, it's the primer!
Rinse and blow out the atty..make sure it's good and dry and reprime with a drop or two of juice, glycerin, pg or a cart filling squeezed out (you already have one open!) Then try again. Amazing right?
Oh you can get the glycerin at any Wal-mart, drug store, sometimes the supermarket and craft store (cake making supplies) The others will be found in or near the hand/skin care products. Just make certian is has USP or food grade on the label. A drop or two on the atty will do it. Gylcerin really produces vapor.
Drew's juice is great and so is the juice at MVS!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
e-cigarette News :(

VERY VERY BAD FOR ALL US:(
That is just the FDA posturing and TOTAL BS, but it could still affect us. I am getting prepaired, I almost have a years supply of equipment and juice, and am working on making my own juice from scratch, but that is a project in the works.

Burnie

T-BAYJ

Jul 16, 2009
Tampa Bay , FL
thanks MaryKay I will try it again in a bit when my atomizer dries out

this F*&^ing figures right after I buy my first kit about the FDA

after telling my father that I plan to switch to e-cig he said what stance does the FDA have on e-cigs? ,he is from a time when FDA meant something forgive him so I emailed him this link frontline: dangerous prescription: the fda - hazardous to your health? | PBS

he said forget the FDA after reading good luck with the e-cig

The FDA can kiss my rosey read atty.

Here's a good recent article that mentions the FDA.

The FDA's criticism of e-cigarettes is akin to taking desert foods to task for having too much suger if you eat apple pie all day.

They're like a pack of fat, doughnut laden security guards, kicking the li'l ol' lady for crossing the street when the light's yellow and meanwhile there's a gang shooting up the Kwik Mart for the 3rd time this week and they won't do a thing to stop it. Too busy? Too fat!

They do good work - when they want to. Clearly, they don't want to when it comes to the e cigarette.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Start thinking about an alternative!!

Check out the BAD NEWS just received from the FDA!!

Vape at your own risk:(

It is comments like this by those who want to read more into a single article or comment, that create a panic situation.

Listen, there is no ban "imminent" as many want you to believe with their overreaching and doomsday posts. Even if the worst were to happen(unlikely in my view), it would not hinder my ecig usage in the least. I will still get my supplies from China, much as I did my tax-free cigs from overseas when I was smoking. There is no way that customs can possibly search every package that enters the U.S. To date I have not heard of one verified account of an individual ordering being seized.

I would people would sober up, or at least think before spreading the panic

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
The only thing that we are truly dependant on is Atomizers. Everything else can be made (DIY), bought from normal stores or purchased from a U.S./British/Greek supplier (mods). I hate giving up my 901's if push comes to shove, but the atty fits my NicoStick and I can make my own liquids.
I think we would be safe buying small orders from China.
The FDA can't regulate peanut butter..and customs can't seem to stop drugs. I am not worried about atomizers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread