Ok completely new to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched videos and read reviews all day yesterday. And I think I am read to place my first order...
Don't know if I'm allowed to mention where I am thinking of ordering from but I will post the items i the order so I can get feedback to see if I am missing something that I need and am unaware of.

joyetech eGo kit in pink - Genuine JoyeTech!- comes with
(2) JoyeTech 510 pink atomizer
(2) JoyeTech eGo pink cone (atomizer cover)
(2) JoyeTech eGo 650mAh rechargeable pushbutton lithium-ion pink batteries (over four times the capacity of a standard 510 battery!)
(5) Pre-filled sample cartridges in high strength 24mg Red & White flavor (popular USA cigarette brand flavor)
(1) 110VAC to USB wall adapter
(1) USB 420mAh output quick charger (use on your computer or with supplied wall adapter or any other USB 2.0 port or power source)
(1) Soft black carrying pouch
(1) JoyeTech eGo instruction manual

4 10 ML bottles of 24mg in different flavors
a 30ML empty dropper bottle for mixing flavors if I'd like
a medical grade 5ml syringe with blunt 18ga needle.

this should be about 125.00 with shipping.

Now am I missing anything or will this suffice to get me going?
Also any tips or tricks you have to throw at me would be great, thanks.

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
You can say where you are ordering from your list seems good but it does look a little pricy but that could be the volume of juice. Also are the juices PG VG or a mix? And welcome to ECF.

Also you may want to swap some of those for 18mg juice 24mg could be a bit too strong. Also as cactusgirl mentioned cartomizers are quite nice. They can make starting vaping much less frustrating.

Last edited:

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Hi and Welcome to ECF!!

You may want to add a package of 510 cartomizers so that you can try them out as well. Also, instead of getting an empty 30ml bottle, I'd opt for either 3ml or 5ml bottles....if you're going to attempt mixing flavors, it's best to start out with really small batches just to see if you even like what you come up with.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
You also might think of ordering your juices (and LR cartomizers) from somewhere else. Many times hardware companies don't do their own juices. A strickly juice vendor usually has better juice. KickBassVapors, Alien Vision, Backwoods Brew or Ms Ts Bakery are very good at mixing flavors. Search them here on ecf, or google their sites.

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
Atomizers go with the cartridges to make a 3 piece setup...battery, atomizer, cartridge....
The cartomizer will convert you to a two piece setup, as the cartomizer is the atomizer and cartridge combined..
Cartos (cartomizers) are preferred by many, because they hold more liquid, and are less hassle.

Welcome to vapeville, by the way...good luck on your new adventure...hope you love it.

Oh, and the things you have ordered look fine to get you started...good choice...

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
They are SLB, not the best cartos but they will work to let you see how they work and if you like the carto idea. They are about 2/3 down the page opposite the gift certificate.

Joye 510 / eGo cartridges and cartomizers

Ok added these to the order, and TADA...pressed send and my magically my order processed...(things us middle aged can do on the net, just amazing...lol) Course they will now magically take money from my bank account not so magical when you think about it.

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
I'm sorry I couldn't find the Boge cartos, they are the cartos most people go for my personal favorite as well, DonG found them somewhere on VK's site.

they were about a page and a half down, after scrolling past a bunch of other misc. supplies. Not very well organized section of the site. Would be much better if each model's accessories were grouped together in their own section.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Thanks all for responding, and thank you Hellen for the list, this will come in handy I'm sure.
Now quick question, I am assuming you were all smokers? When did you start using these products and how long until you were done with the nasty normal smokes?
With me it took finding the right flavors. Tobacco flavors (trying to copy Marlboro) are not usually good. I found Applewood from Backwoods Brew (currently on vacation, back in a week) and Gorilla Juice from Alien Vision (currently moving, back in two weeks). With those juices in a LR cartomizer I was finally satisfied.

You might like KickBassVapor http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...open-come-wet-carto-atty-ordering-thread.html or Southern Ambrosia http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rand-opening-order-thread-come-sit-spell.html.

Here is a good thread of what some veterans (and a couple noobs like me) like. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iscussion/189296-top-12-favorite-flavors.html

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Thanks all for responding, and thank you Hellen for the list, this will come in handy I'm sure.
Now quick question, I am assuming you were all smokers? When did you start using these products and how long until you were done with the nasty normal smokes?

Your welcome Miss Alexis Leann :)

I started using e-cigs in December of 2008... lurked on the forum for quite a while, got a better e-cig (first one was a Smoking Everywhere mini-cig... sucked!!). BOY have e-cigs changed from when I started!

I quit smoking in just a few days once I got my first 801/302/RN4072 Penstyle kit, and did quite well for over a year, but always felt something was missing. I've got a bunch of battery mods, vape a variable voltage, tried almost every e-cig atty model and tons of liquids (finding one that I really liked REALLY helped, for me it's Halo Smooth 8). Later I started using Snuff and Snus for whole tobacco alkloids (WTA) for the MAOI factor that is in cigarettes (and we don't get when we vape). It helped and gave me some of my happy back while I was vaping along. I still use the original 302 penstyles I started off with.

Starting in October of last year, big stress/personal family issues pushed me back to smoking a little (both parents passed away within 45 days of each other :blink: Dad we expected eventually since he had lung cancer, Mom was a shock). I needed that MAOI in ciggies (sighhhhhh) because of all the anxiety I had while they were both ill and dealing with the estate mess. I decided I didn't want medical intervention (pills for anxiety), so smoked instead and it took care of it. I'm not back to where I was (2 packs a day before I quit the first time) but I'm smoking around 5-10 a day even when vaping like a fiend.

So, I'm slowly working myself back down and as long as I'm at a reduced harm rate of intake (would like it to be 3-5 a day MAX), I'm ok with it for now (but they DO taste like ... now, so most times I can barely smoke a half of one). Always keep in mind that every ciggie you don't smoke is a victory, so don't put pressure on yourself... some people continue to smoke a little and use a PV as a replacement and harm reduction method. Soon enough, you'll probably find you don't think about smoking very much and if you really want to quit, you'll probably do just fine. If you fall off the wagon, or choose to smoke sometimes, it's ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread