Ok DNA40 hitting temp help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altramagnus

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
Maryland, United States
Sorry if this is in another thread, I am sure it is.

I just got my 40, wrapped a spaced .13 coil and wicked it up. No matter what the watts or temp setting I seem to hit temp really quick this not being able to take a decent pull off the atty. I must be doing something wrong, I have lowered the watts, raised temp and back and forth and I just don't get it.

I hope this isn't how this is going to be.

Coil - I think it turned out ok.

BA7AC7C1-7B58-4510-97F6-05ADD7B6CA7C_zps2qtqmdaf.jpg

Any advise you guys can give is appreciated.

Shawn

Altramagnus

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
Maryland, United States
That is weird. My derringer works like a champ at about 450 and 35 watts. Perhaps monkey with the coil placement? You will need good air flow on the coil to keep heat down.

Maybe ill need to open the other side of the atty up for more air. Ill mess around with it mor later.

Thanks

Altramagnus

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
Maryland, United States
What temp did you set? Is the wick soaked? Is it producing some vapor?

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

I had it set all over, I tried multiple combos trying to get it to work. I couldn't get vapor without temp cutoff unless I had it at 600f. Wick is soaked yes and it made a small stream of vapor.

Altramagnus

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
Maryland, United States
Try letting that atty sit for 30 min and put it back on, my wife's VF has done that a few times but only with the micro coils. But letting it sit for 30 min did the trick for ours and she is blowing clouds.

Luke

Oddly enough I woke up this morning before work and messed with it a bit more. I managed to get it to 560f 23w and can get a decent vape. I will have to mess with it more when I am off Thursday, try more coils and different wicking sizes.

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated.

Shawn

Altramagnus

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
Maryland, United States
There are only 3 reasons that I see that would cause the DNA40 board to hit temp limit quickly...

1) Hot leg
2) Insufficient wicking
3) Insufficient air flow

Troll RDA, both sides open, single coil. Not a air issue.
No hot legs that were visible at least.
Maybe to much wick, I will try less.

Thanks for your help.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Sorry to hear of your issues with your 40.

Very unusual to be hitting TP that fast especially at those high temp settings.

After you try playing with the wicking a bit, you may try building another coil (even though your current one looks great) and see if it changes anything.

Worst case scenario if it is a board issue the mod maker should take care of you, and if they won't Evolv WILL.

Once ya get it working properly its about as great a vape as you can get, personally ill never vape another non-TP/C chip again.

Best of luck!

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
I have been struggling with this very issue. I've been battling inconsistent vapes with my VaporShark rDNA40 for almost a month now. I've tried different RDAs, different wire gauges, tooling with airflow, making sure my coil is proper (spaced, no hot spots, screwed down firm), and everything else people always suggest. I really want to believe that I do not have a faulty board, but it really should not be this impossible to find consistency. I am almost at my wit's end, and I'm on the verge of contacting VaporShark for repair/replacement, because at this point it's literally the only thing I haven't tried.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations, but I assure you, you are not alone. Good luck!

PS - Any updates since you posted this?

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
Same story for me -- my DNA 40 works great for a while -- like through 4-5 RDA refills then just goes crazy and starts firing my nickle in wattage mode or starts to hit temp limit when its not putting off any vapor and has plenty of juice...

the only thing left for me to try is titanium which i hear is more forgiving.

or send it off to evolve for a few weeks and see what they will do about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread