Ok, Dumb ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Ruger

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Southern Utah
I am just wondering why after two or three pulls on my outfit that I get a numbing/burning sensation on the very tip of my tongue? It goes away after I take a sip of something to drink, and it's not really bad, but it's just weird.
Like I said, it's probably a dumb question, but just wondering.....

Rachelle
(Lady Ruger):blush:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I am just wondering why after two or three pulls on my outfit that I get a numbing/burning sensation on the very tip of my tongue? It goes away after I take a sip of something to drink, and it's not really bad, but it's just weird.
    Like I said, it's probably a dumb question, but just wondering.....

Rachelle
    (Lady Ruger):blush:
    No such thing as a dumb question :)

Possibly you are having a reaction to your juice. You need to be sure and drink lot's and lot's of water as vaping will dehydrate you rather quickly :)

And welcome to ECF !

DaveOno

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Dutchess County, New York
    And don't suck it like it's a thick shake through a straw. As easy as you slowly let out a breath, that's the effort you should use drawing in. Slow. Easy.

Maybe aim for different parts of the mouth, and not always the same spot. Or a side hit, like the pug in my avatar...lol

What is your rig and what juice/nic level? Some juices are harsher on the tongue than others.

Dumb questions are the ones you meant to ask, but didn't, so you're good...

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 3, 2014
    Swoyersville, PA
    This happens all the time. Honestly, there's not a problem with anything, except where your tip is aiming. When you're pulling in a draw/drag/hit/whatever you want to call it, don't put your tongue near it.

Basically, what's happening is, as you pull the draw in, the vapor is hitting your tongue. This causes the molecules to stick to your tongue and be absorbed through your taste buds. Usually, this will yield a more intense flavor, but the nicotine on your taste buds is what causes the burning. Doing it 3-5 times in the same spot intensifies this feeling.

Try aiming your tip to the top of your mouth, it will stop the tongue burn. Or, at least it does for me. Usually, if I want a flavor blast, I'll pull my draw directly onto my tongue. This causes the slight burn so I only do it once every 10 pulls or so.

Lady Ruger

Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Southern Utah
    Thanks guys! You're right! First pulling too hard on the raw, and then having my tongue right there was the problem! Getting better at this stuff.
    Learned the first few days to get the connections tight when putting the tank back together! (Now THAT is a nasty sensation in your mouth!) Getting the hang of all this and the more I learn, the more fun I have with it! Thank you ALL for your help. It just goes to show, ya can teach an old dog new tricks!

DaveOno! Love your Pug! I have one that will be 15 years old this October! Never got him to smoke, but he does like beer!

Thanks again everyone!:vapor:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread