Ok - Everyone who loves carto tanks was right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I kept looking at carto tanks and then deciding not to order. I was thinking they would slip, leak and be a hassle. Priming and bla bla bla.

Well - I was wrong and all of you carto tank lovers were right all along. A family member sent me this beauty for xmas and I am now in LOVE with carto tanks!

It took all of 2 seconds to set it up, fill it, prime it - vape nirvana.

20131226_120938.jpg 20131226_154504.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I kept looking at carto tanks and then deciding not to order. I was thinking they would slip, leak and be a hassle. Priming and bla bla bla.

Well - I was wrong and all of you carto tank lovers were right all along. A family member sent me this beauty for xmas and I am now in LOVE with carto tanks!

It took all of 2 seconds to set it up, fill it, prime it - vape nirvana.

View attachment 288164 View attachment 288165

Nice tank! Is it from Vapor Mania?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I'm glad you like the carto tank but I'd love to see you set one up from scratch in two seconds. A video of this would be great. I takes me about four minutes to refill a carto tank but I also clean 510 contacts, drip tip, and the tank during the process. Cleaning a tank, installing a new punched and primed carto and refilling takes me about fifteen minutes.

Glad you like carto tanks though and welcome to the club!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I'm glad you like the carto tank but I'd love to see you set one up from scratch in two seconds. A video of this would be great. I takes me about four minutes to refill a carto tank but I also clean 510 contacts, drip tip, and the tank during the process. Cleaning a tank, installing a new punched and primed carto and refilling takes me about fifteen minutes.

2 seconds MAY be a minor exaggeration LOL. It was definitely easier and faster than I thought. I expected it to be a huge PITA to get the initial set up primed and ready and it turns out it was easy.

I had this "I just open my tank - squeeze juice n go" idea and thought I would be over complicating what seemed to work. Hopefully others who are on the fence over the same ideals will be inspired to take the plunge- waters nice :vapor:

Fortyniene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Yakima, Wa

I always find it strange when I hear people talk about priming a carto as anything less then easy. Maybe I can help.

I just fill the carto with juice and stop before it overflows out of the top of the carto I let it soak in then repeat 2 more times. Then I blow thru the top of the carto (the end you put your drip tip on) into a paper towel and insert it into the tank fill the tank and take a couple of dry hits off of it and it's good to go.

This takes less than 2 minutes and I have never had a dry hit. And hardly any juice is lost for some reason very little juice gets down the center tube on the carto I think it's a pressure thing kind of like a reverse diving bell, but I don't know.

I'm a big fan of carto tanks myself. They just work. Very nice tank I think I will add one to my collection.

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I would really like to give them a try but I'm used to clearos and the carto tanks intimidate me. I know absolutely NOTHING about them at all.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I am (was?) in this exact boat! I have looked at and put carto tanks in my little online shopping cart - just to take them out what seems like a million times.

I just read the forum watched a few videos and went for it. WAY easier than it sounded too :)

WileECoyote

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2013
Woodbridge, VA, USA
www.zidrate.com
I would really like to give them a try but I'm used to clearos and the carto tanks intimidate me. I know absolutely NOTHING about them at all.

Once you get a system, it is like second nature.

Cartos have all of the work front-loaded, but once it's done, it's fill and forget - 15 minutes of work for weeks of performance. That's what I love about them, along with the great taste and vapor.

Weeks, dang I must be abusive, I go through them in a week, 2 tops... :vapor:

Fortyniene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Yakima, Wa
I have one right now that's hitting week 3 - but I've been using a flavor that doesn't gunk up stuff.

I've gotten a couple months out of the boge's and the smok's vaping extreme ice from mbv. Most of the time I only swap them out because the filler is more of a black/grey than a white so I eventuly swap them out for a new one.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I will have to give them a try some time. Hey Billy what year is your WJ? My brother has an white 03 limited 4.7ho with OME HD coils, jk wheels and tires, mx6 shocks ect ect. I have a 98 ZJ that's lifted and stuff as well. Sorry for going off topic. I couldn't resist.

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
Honestly sometimes I wonder why it took me so long to try a cartotank. I've never looked back. They are AWESOME.

Get the tank out of my carry case, which lives in my work bag, screw it onto the mod, and it vapes, big flavour, big clouds, every single time, consistently.

And I think back to my Protank days. Flooding, gurgling, unscrew the damn thing, blow juice off the head, clean the air tube out, replace the flavour wicks, lack of flavour, metallic taste. Uurgh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread