Status
Not open for further replies.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
In an earlier post about the Maxx batteries, it was mentioned they they would never be included in a kit. HOWEVER, as a rookie with a new person's perspective, you might want to reconsider this. We all wanted a look-alike (it's depressing to know how typical I am, but I read all the posts, too). However, 2 weeks in I'm vaping a 650 Maxx and just loving it. If you could package a starter kit that could get the beginners into a larger battery in their first purchase, you'd probably be doing a good thing. Just my two....

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Well, if it there's one thing I've figured out, it's that everyone's experiences are different. I love the 78mm too, because I can stick it in my shirt pocket and have it handy. The larger battery is really nice for the life, though. It seems like a lot of people will end up adding a large battery sooner rather than later, so it might be nice to have a kit that covers that.

As far as the vapor and TH, I think at the same voltage and with the same cartomizer they SHOULD be the same. My 78mm's are automatics and my 650 is a manual, though. I deliberately avoided manual batteries in my initial order because I wanted to replicate the analog experience, and pushing a button is a hassle, isn't it? (it isn't). After trying the manual, I like it a lot better. No matter how easy the draw is on the automatics (and it is), I feel like a have better control and a more consistent vape with the manual. It's probably all in my head, but the vapor quantity, flavor and TH seem better and more consistent.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I started out with 650 Riva manuals because that's what they were recommending in the newcommer forum and was told to stay away from cig-like and autos. It wasn't until August I happened to wander into the SI thread and decided all the folks using Volt couldn't be wrong. Didn't take long after my first kit to find out it was the helpful folks in the newcommers forum that were totally wrong about the Volt. My wife had wanted cig like to start with but the 510 she had chosen was manual and the charge didn't last long at all. I've been much happier with my Volt autos than I was with the Rivas. Two 78s at 320 mah = 640 and won't make it all day. That means I'd have to have 2 650s. My personal preference is to just carry 3 78s. Two in a case I have with 4 cartos and the one I'm vaping in my pocket. I don't get funny looks from strangers or have to do a lot of explaining and the simplicity suites me fine. I have and use other devices at home sometimes but most of my vaping is done on Volts. I'll probably wind up with the 1100 next sale juse cause though lol. I use a 510 to 808 adaptor now and it would eliminate that. Gotta justify it somehow lol.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I think that when they come out with the new innovation that Imagine hinted at on the MaXx thread, the need for a kit might become evident. When you start coming up with things that are meant to fit together, I would think that you'd wanna sell them as a kit, for customer convenience, if for nothing else. I don't think SI discounts kits over a la carte pricing, do they? In fact, don't they add a dime for the box?

The AC/car adapter though might have to be a pull-down option (AC, Car, Both, None) because you wouldn't wanna piss people off that already have them. I guess you could do the same thing with the carto option too! But yeah, one-page shopping, instead of hunting around for stuff a la carte, would be a lot easier, especially for those who are new to ordering from SI...even if they package it without the fancy box! :)

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
we are toying with the idea to add a kit... it is important to note... we do not feel the Maxx is better the the standard VOLT batts... just a bigger option for those looking for bigger.

Kits do provide a discount..but yes it minor about $1 off buying things separately it depends on the kit. But yes the Kits are done just to help newbs decide what they need.

Last edited:

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Funny you mention that.... I remember doing the math on another vendor's kits, and it turned out to cost like $9 more to buy a kit than the pieces alone (except you got a box, whoopy!). I'm glad your kits are priced more sensibly.

we are toying with the idea to add a kit... it is important to note... we do not feel the Maxx is better the the standard VOLT batts... just a bigger option for those looking for bigger.

Kits do provide a discount..but yes it minor about $1 off buying things separately it depends on the kit. But yes the Kits are done just to help newbs decide what they need.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
I was really thinking how handy a combination of 1-78mm and 1-650 or larger would be for someone starting out. I agree that the Maxx's aren't "better" than the original Volt units. Just the extra battery life, which is handy. For example, in my office today, I have the fat batt for vaping in my office and the 78mm battery in my pocket. When I'm outside (and I still go have "smoke breaks" in the smoking area), I'm using the regular battery.

I may be off base, and I don't know that I'm typical. Just a thought that occurred to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread