Ok now I'm offically PO'd with USPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
At first I thought it was 2 packages I never received but its 3 all on them supposedly got delivered on the same day. I talked to my regular mail man today and he says he can't remember if he worked last saturday or not but he didn't have any packages for me that he can remember. Ok so where the h*** are my packages? The supervisor over the post office called and said she would talk to the mail person who supposedly delivered these packages to see what happened. No call back yet. Anyone know what else I can do? Whatever happened on 2/6 I want to know. Where, Who or What happened to them? I already received a claim number is there someone else I can report this too. I want my stuff dag nabbit.

rpgman

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Florence, SC
www.urbantogs.com
all you can do is do what you did, go to the post master at your post office.

they have to file a claim for a lost package, or tell you to go to vapor4life and have them file it.

you will have to sign something that states you never received the package, but a form has to be filled out.

I have that happen sometimes to my customers. They sometimes scan it at the post office before they deliver it. Why, I have no idea.

Or, it gets delivered to the wrong address, or someone steals the mail. Which BTW is a federal offense, that's why a form needs to be filled out.

btw, your a very attractive woman I see by your avatar.

Greg

Last edited:

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
That's why I'm ...... because no one knows what happened. This is why I HATE that they will mark it delivered before they actually do. I have already communicated through email with Val. I am just waiting to see what USPS has to say. I'm missing from v4l, halo and spreadshirt. I have contacted them all but I just don't feel that it's their fauly because it's not. It's the da** postal office. I order about 10 packages or more a month and this is the 1ST time something like this has ever happened in my life.

If I have to get in contact with the attorney general or something I will because this is ridiculous.

ALC

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Ohio
I feel your pain. I am the same one that you helped encourage because I was anxiously awaiting my package, and guess what, STILL NOT HERE. Does your tracking number say that it did arrive at the post office? My number shows no info even if it was actually mailed. I called the po and they informed me that if it has arrived at the post office it will list it on the tracking info. They did assure me that V4L did mail the package and they have verification of that but nothing else until it gets scanned into the local po where your package is suppose to go.

Are they sure that the package has been sent to delivery? The last time something like that happened they sent the package like 6 houses down from mine and the person that received it said they just didn't have time to give it to me and waited a month to finally walk it down to me. From what I understand it does happen quite often. Luckly where I live now my mail only gets mixed up with one person and she brings it to me right away. I know you probably do not want to go door-to-door, but sometimes it is the only way. If it has gone out for your mailman to deliver then I can almost guarantee you someone else has it on your street. Try the addresses that resemble yours by number first.

rpgman

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Florence, SC
www.urbantogs.com
actually, it's not called a tracking number.
it's a 'delivery confirmation' number and their only required to scan it when it's delivered.

a true tracking number is what you would get from like ups that tracks the package at every stop.

usps doesn't work like that. it's only for delivery puroposes, mainly for the seller to make sure it was delivered.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
TY rpgman :)

This is for the V4L one
Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered, February 06, 2010, 10:35 am, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, February 05, 2010, 9:27 pm, NORFOLK, VA 23501
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, February 03, 2010, 11:40 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 03, 2010

This is for the spreadshirt one

02/03/2010 11:53 PM Received from Shipper MAILEXPRESS - LEETSDALE, PA
02/04/2010 02:26 AM Enroute to Destination Processing Center MAILEXPRESS - LEETSDALE, PA
02/05/2010 03:34 AM Arrived at Destination Process Center MAILEXPRESS - JESSUP, MD
02/05/2010 06:52 AM Accepted by USPS JESSUP, MD
02/06/2010 06:16 AM Arrival at Local Post Office USPS - VIRGINIA BEACH,VA
02/06/2010 10:35 AM Delivered USPS - VIRGINIA BEACH,VA

And when I emailed Halo jay stated that he shipped it on the 4th but if I needed any information to add on my claim he would help me with it.

Also when the woman called from the postal service she did inform me that my packages were on a pallet with 590 other packages but there was no way of telling if they got them from the pallet or not. WTH so if you don't know if they got them off stop telling me that they were delivered

Last edited:

rpgman

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Florence, SC
www.urbantogs.com
yeah you are absolutely right, I did not even think about the difference between the numbers. I was just so happy that the post office explained that when it does show up they will scan the package and I can go down and pick it up this time and not wait on my carrier.

yep, most of my customers make the same mistake, they think it's a tracking number, but all it is is a way for the seller to make sure it was scanned for delivery.

usually that happens at the door or mailbox.

sometimes the post office will scan it at the sort facility or when it goes out, but their not required too.

unlike ups where it gets scanned in and out every place it goes.

Last edited:

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
2 of my packages from UPS are held up in PA due to snow and they have them listed as an exception next to due date because of the snow. If they are held up due to the back to back snow storms we had here then cool but don't tell me you delivered something and you didn't. That makes people very angry and no one like being looked at as a liar. Heck from now on I guess I will have to pay a little bit extra for a signature or something but it will pay off in the end then I will know who to track down.

I live in a apartment and we have lock boxes. The door downstairs you must have a key to get in but the mail men/women have that key. They normally leave them in front of your door when they don't fit, in the main hallway or at the rental office. We only have 10 apartments in this one building and we all know each other.

rpgman

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Florence, SC
www.urbantogs.com
I understand your frustration! My package was mailed 2 days ago, yet the USPS site says it has only been notified that the supplier will ship. I bet the snow will be blamed for a Lot of errors! What was in your order? I can fed-ex some cartos to you if I have what you are looking for.

right, again that's becuase some places scan it in, and some don't. It all depends on the facility.

and, that's why it's called a 'delivery confirmation' number and not a 'tracking number' because most times you can't track it, because their not required to scan it in and out of every place

Greg.

MeMa

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
USA
right, again that's becuase some places scan it in, and some don't. It all depends on the facility.

and, that's why it's called a 'delivery confirmation' number and not a 'tracking number' because most times you can't track it, because their not required to scan it in and out of every place

Greg.

Yeah, that's why I don't go to the site to look anymore. But 575girl's says delivered, so shouldn't she have it by now?

rpgman

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Florence, SC
www.urbantogs.com
Yeah, that's why I don't go to the site to look anymore. But 575girl's says delivered, so shouldn't she have it by now?

yep, it's either been stolen, or delivered to the wrong address.

I had one like that, that stated delivered, and it was during Christmas time 2 years ago...what happened was the post person or someone else scanned it as delivered before it actually made it onto the truck and it was only found becuase I called. They were having a Christmas Party at the time, and the person I called just heppen to see a package with my name on it and knew exactly where it was. Sitting in a pile on a desk. lol

why it was scanned before it was delivered is anyone's guess.

Greg

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Call the postmaster general...not just your branch postmaster..I think you can reach their office through the USPS phone number..
File an official complaint and list who you talked to at your branch...you'd be amazed how fast things get fixed/resolved when you complain where it counts..

I had to do this once when I lived in an appartment complex and thigs werent getting delivered to the right boxes or the mail carrier was actually knocing off early and not delivering everything he had for that day...made the call, left a message, got called back by postmaster and regional director, filed the complaint...next day had 3 carriers and a supervisor at our complex fixing everything..
Meanwhile, I had been complaining at our local sub station once or twice a week for a month...just file the complaint where it counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread