OK So some new changes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I've not had the oppertunity to try KJ DIY products but I've been meaning to. All my DIY juice is put into glass 30ml bottles. I never use plastic. Seems like the odors of the juices gets out and or into other juice. Someone up above said something about it not being safe in a house with kids and pets... but I've always kept all my juice bottles away from pets, kids anyway. Plastic or glass. Since I've not purchased any KJ DYI yet, nothing will have changed for me.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I've not had the oppertunity to try KJ DIY products but I've been meaning to. All my DIY juice is put into glass 30ml bottles. I never use plastic. Seems like the odors of the juices gets out and or into other juice. Someone up above said something about it not being safe in a house with kids and pets... but I've always kept all my juice bottles away from pets, kids anyway. Plastic or glass. Since I've not purchased any KJ DYI yet, nothing will have changed for me.

im not a parent or pet owner so i dont know for sure, but wouldnt glass be better with pets around? if a dog or cat gets ahold of a plastic juice bottle, in my mind they would bite it and possibly puncture the bottle. but with glass i doubt theyd bite through that. then again, pets have been known to whack things off of tables, so if the floor isnt carpeted or somehting i guess youd have an issue there too. then again, even without eliquids in the house, there are still many poisons like all the cleaning chemicals, detergents, etc. maybe put the eliquid bottles in with all the other stuff youre already hiding from pets and kids.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

if you havent yet gotten into KJ DIY, i suggest you do. best flavoring ive ever worked with. by a lot. and ive tried quite a few (TPA, FW, FA, TastyPuff, One on One, Totally Wicked, OneStopDIYShop, there might be more that im forgetting, but yeah you get the idea). only one that holds a candle to KJ was OoO. but they changed their Rainbow Sherbet recipe, which was my favorite of theirs - by a long shot. sad to see that happen but it was a blessing in disguise because it prompted me to find other avenues...and now im a full-on KJ fanatic.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
if you havent yet gotten into KJ DIY, i suggest you do. best flavoring ive ever worked with. by a lot. and ive tried quite a few (TPA, FW, FA, TastyPuff, One on One, Totally Wicked, OneStopDIYShop, there might be more that im forgetting, but yeah you get the idea). only one that holds a candle to KJ was OoO. but they changed their Rainbow Sherbet recipe, which was my favorite of theirs - by a long shot. sad to see that happen but it was a blessing in disguise because it prompted me to find other avenues...and now im a full-on KJ fanatic.

Good to know. Just so happens I'm about to place an order for a few flavors. How is the Cherry? Not black cherry, but reg cherry? I have plenty black cherry, I need a reg cherry.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
that puts me @ 12mg. Me and the wife vape 18mg @ 50/50

Nah itit puts u at 18.
If u mixed in a half bottle of each you would be diluting 24 1:1, which means you would end up with 12, 240 MLS 12,
Unless your talking smaller bottles?
If u mix all ur base in a bigger bottle, you dilute your base by 50% and you have 18mg . Easier than doindoing each individual bottle.
Equals 1:0.5 ratio.

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Sedona, AZ
The customer service is enough that Walt could sell saline in a bottle and it would sell.

Walt's been working with me while I get setup with the new wholesale program and he's been more attentive than any of the dozen other vendors I work with on a weekly basis. This wouldn't impress me if I didn't think that he treated all of his customers the same way.

As a veteran of the corporate world, change happens.

krisjay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2014
Maine
It will be interesting to see if Killer Juice thinks these price changes and other changes were a good idea in 6 months or so time. In a market so saturated with vendors, all trying to get the same dollar from consumers, to me, it makes far more buisness sense to stand out from everyone else, does that take alot more work, obviously. It is alot easier to make 1 bottle of eliquid then it is to make 3. The one thing Killer Juice did and did far better then anyone else is stand out, now just being one of any number of other vendors in this price range market, well, I just will be curious to see how this pans out.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
It will be interesting to see if Killer Juice thinks these price changes and other changes were a good idea in 6 months or so time. In a market so saturated with vendors, all trying to get the same dollar from consumers, to me, it makes far more buisness sense to stand out from everyone else, does that take alot more work, obviously. It is alot easier to make 1 bottle of eliquid then it is to make 3. The one thing Killer Juice did and did far better then anyone else is stand out, now just being one of any number of other vendors in this price range market, well, I just will be curious to see how this pans out.

I have come to really like KJ's juices but frankly, without the 99 cent deal days I would never have ordered anything from them. I started filling my cart the other night and then cancelled as the total went up and up and up. I will definitely still order some of the flavors I like but not likely to try new flavors at the new prices. I already have plenty of juices I will never vape and would rather spend my money on new gear.

Edit: Also not going to buy a few bottles here and there at 5 bucks shipping. We'll see.

Last edited:

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States

Honestly if we keep selling bottles at 99 cents and losing money per bottle, we would be out of business even quicker.

I think 15ml glass bottles at $2.99 is a crazy good deal! I also stand by the price change. Really it is still $1.99 (plus the glass $1 up-charge).
When and if I find a new plastic vendor it will drop to $1.99 but at this time I do not see that happening soon.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Good to know. Just so happens I'm about to place an order for a few flavors. How is the Cherry? Not black cherry, but reg cherry? I have plenty black cherry, I need a reg cherry.

I havent yet tried the cherry directly. I've had bomp pop ejuice though, which has cherry in it and I like it so I'm sure the cherry is good. I plan to get it eventually to make code red dew. People rave about that juice. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Honestly if we keep selling bottles at 99 cents and losing money per bottle, we would be out of business even quicker.

I think 15ml glass bottles at $2.99 is a crazy good deal! I also stand by the price change. Really it is still $1.99 (plus the glass $1 up-charge).
When and if I find a new plastic vendor it will drop to $1.99 but at this time I do not see that happening soon.

I agree that $2.99 is a crazy good deal. Especially for this quality juice.

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
I understand the reasons for this change and appreciate the transparency on whats driving the price changes. For me I like Killer Juice, but don't love it yet not because the customer service is top notch etc. I just haven't found the juice thus far that I can't live without. For instance I like the shakes, they are good I'd pay $5 for 15ml for them and likely will continue to. For the other flavors some stand out as good but not something I'd reorder and that's where honestly allot of them have fallen in my experience so far. I know taste is one of those things everyone is different and I certainly wouldn't say I've gotten anything that I wouldn't vape but like allot of juice companies I'm having a hard time finding something I love. So with the new pricing it's going to limit my ability to try new flavors just on a whim to see if I stumble into something I'd be willing to pay $5ish for. The pricing you've been at is one thing that's kept me buying juice rather than just digging into DIY and starting working on finding the flavors that I want to start with and working on some juices that match my taste. With your previous sale pricing it was cheap enough for me to not be willing to put forth the effort into DIY myself and finding flavors I prefer.

I will say if you can't offer 15or 12ml for a dollar, if I were in your shoes I'd find an amount to sell for a dollar I think that's honestly the magic number for being cheap enough to just try it and see if you like it. I liked being able to vape 10+ ml of something to say if I really like it but being able to sample even 8ml or 5ml or a juice for $1 would I think be enough to keep me buying at my past levels. Honestly the plastic juice containers you were using before didn't bother me, problems with the tips and all. I have some that are loose but it's not an issue when filling something like a kayfun where you've got pressure against the fill hole.

I don't want to sound doom and gloom I like Killer Juice allot, enough so that I haven't ordered from my other supplier in almost 2 months since I've been pretty much 100% on Killer Juice but with my vape budget being what it is, I can't justify spending money on things I'm not sure if I'll like at the current pricing no matter the quality of the juice. I know it's still cheap but it's not quite cheap enough for me to try out, so I'd recommend looking hard at making up smaller batches of flavors or limiting options. Heck in a sample size I'd be more than willing to say not have a choice other than 3 nic levels no PG/VG options and no extra flavors. So that way you could mix up a large batch then fill the smaller bottles. Not sure if that would help but it seems like it would in my head at least.

Take care!

Luke

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
On the one hand... I think that killer is amazing. Try to find another juice vendor that is offering quality juice for 2.99. There are definitely not many. Some other vendors charge 6.99 for a 10ml bottle. And 5 dollar shipping is not bad. KJ has sales which most other vendors don't have.
And plus Walt is a stand up guy. Always listens to his customers. I think the idea of the 99cent deal did What it was supposed to. Brought in new customers like me. Let us try for cheap. That's good business. Almost every business uses sales that way. Lose a little to gain more long term. I don't think it was ever intended to be a permanent thing.

To play devils advocate a lil bit though.... I do not understand the whole bottle issue. A plethora of other vendors have plastic bottles that they manage to get fine. It's possible that they Just hide that cost in their juices price still. Who knows.

But for everyone who doesn't like the No more 99 cents.... the juices are still more than affordable.

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
Currently it is clear but here is the weird thing...

I have been testing this now the past couple months... Clear glass steeps faster and the seems to develop the flavors better than the green ones. Now I am sure it is decaying faster but honestly I think I prefer clear. As long as you do not have it sitting in the sun for 4 months you should have no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread