Ok, what's the Cadillac of the vaporizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thank you all. I meant $150 each so $300 total or so.

Thank you for the clarification.

How are you set for batteries? I ask because assuming four batteries to start with (two for you, two for hubby) and a good charger, that's tacking on another $60 or so to your budget.

I've only been vaping a little over four months, so I can't say that the devices I own have stood the test of time, yet. I have a handful of variable devices that include a ProVari, and given your budget, I have no problem suggesting you look at one.

We've played with the wattage etc to produce a warmer vape but it drains the battery so quickly. Maybe I should focus on better battery quality.

Absolutely, better batteries make a world of difference. Not just in capacity, but in longevity as well. I have a couple of no-name batteries (18350's) that I got with a kit that after 3 months or so no longer hold a charge as long as they used to. The IMR 18350's are still going strong.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
imo The REO is not for you. If you don't want to rebuild anything and have more of a "fill the tank and vape away" experience, don't go with a REO. ProVari is obviously a great APV, however it is expensive (roughly $250 each). My vote is for the MVP2. About $50 each, great battery life, well built, well priced, you can even charge your phone on it if you're in a jam! If you're not a fan of the box shape/feel, an SVD, Zmax, Vamo, or eVic. The tanks you're using should be fine. If you're looking to upgrade, maybe a Protank-3, Aspire Nautilus, iClear 30 are all good options. Keep in mind all APVs (Advanced Personal Vaporizer) are pretty much the exact same thing but look different. They simply put out an electrical current. Assuming they're VV/VW (Variable Voltage/Variable Wattage), other than aesthetics and warranty, they really isn't much of a difference between them. At all. Others can and will argue that. As far as tanks, different models have their advantages and disadvantages. Do a little research on the ones I and others recommended in this thread, one of them will do just fine for you. As for your "hot" vape, just turn up the voltage/wattage and you should be fine.

You can "fill the tank and vape away" with a REO. There are a lot of other options out for the REO besides the rebuildable option. You can get a 306, IO6, Cisoc spec and so on, atty to put on top of it. As long as it's a bottom feed atty, it will work on the REO.
Just wanted to clarify that.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I don't own a MVP2, only VV3s, but I was wondering why you say that the MVP has more power. Both units have the same wattage maximum as well as the same voltage max. They both also have the same higher PWM rates, as compared to other inexpensive units. I have read that MVPs output more power (watts) compared with the value that is set. In other words there's a slight inaccuracy in VW mode. Perhaps this accounts for the impression that they are more powerful. As for battery capacity, the MPV would win hands down. I just don't understand why someone would find the MVP far superior, other than the advantage of much greater battery capacity. But then you're not the only person who has said that they prefer the MVP, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

The vv3 is meh...

I let mine out to my brother today so he can get a feel for the difference compared to the vv3... He loved it immedietly.
Long batt life. Well made.

Way more power than those vv3 but works very similar. It will make those vv3 feel cheap.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
WOW 5 pages of totally ignoring the content of the OP.

I believe we were asked about vaporizers which in my book is the atomizer, not the mod/battery portion.

She also mentioned the EVOD which yes is a battery, but is also a first choice for many people getting into BCCs.

So to finally answer what I believe the OP originally asked, I am vaping a Protank 2 with an Aspire to Davide adapter allowing me to use the Aspire dual coil heads with the wattage kicked up to between 10 and 12 watts with a sigeili VV/VW mod.

Another Great Atomizer is an AGA-T3, but does require yo uto build your coil.

Get the protank-2, try the davide adapter and the aspire heads, If you are running fixed voltage EGO style batteries try the spinners.

If you want to move up to a mod, the Sigeilei VMAX has been a hoot for me, If I come into some cash, I may later try to land one of Zen's DNA 30 mods.

As far as the mods go, I carry mine everywhere daily and figure If I drop a stainless steel sigelei that cost me $50 who cares, ditto for losing it. The provari starts around $150 for clearance items and I have to pay an extra $16 plus shipping if I want an 18650 battery..... My Sig comes with an extra cap to allow stacked batteries and also telescopes to accommodate the 18650. Then there is the VV only and LED readout on the P-word bottom line, it is a verry verry well made and expensive mod that has a huge, devoted following but also happens to use out dated technology that could be easily updated for little to no extra cost. In my mind the PV is a name, and what you are buying is the name admittedly the name is earned, but they perfected the model T and are still selling them at premium prices when people are buying Toyotas....

-Its to bad someone from our great state of Texas is toting foren made over American and also scold every one for answering the ops question. Your book is different from the norm. A vaporizer is the mod and the op also mentioned battery life. SO I cant believe you dont get it after reading 5 pages of posts.

When you point your finger 3 point back unless you ant careful around saws;-)

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Hil-lar-i-ous!

Provarinati, you guys are killin' me today!

I especially love how you quoted one small part of my thread.
Maybe you should read the entire thread. I first reccomend the mvp2. As well as mech mod clones such as the chi you.

I wont get into your pissing match you freaking troll.

Why dont you address the op and not instigate fights on the forum?

Dont answer that because im blocking you and will not be reading any of your future hate posts.

Back to the OP.

I STILL SAY MVP2, mech mods look at the k100 on fasttech.... Its $20. If you want to go all out. Provaris are awesome teo. I have all of the above and love them all. If i had to choose one it would probably be my mvp2" for the long battery life as well as the simplicity of the configurations, ease of use etc. but i use my provari's the most.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I don't own a MVP2, only VV3s, but I was wondering why you say that the MVP has more power. Both units have the same wattage maximum as well as the same voltage max. They both also have the same higher PWM rates, as compared to other inexpensive units. I have read that MVPs output more power (watts) compared with the value that is set. In other words there's a slight inaccuracy in VW mode. Perhaps this accounts for the impression that they are more powerful. As for battery capacity, the MPV would win hands down. I just don't understand why someone would find the MVP far superior, other than the advantage of much greater battery capacity. But then you're not the only person who has said that they prefer the MVP, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

I have both.
So first i wont talk numbers. Im talking experience. I have done this experiemnt with friends and family, identical tanks, same ohms, same juice. Set the vv3 at 4.0 vape on it for a bit, now pick up the mvp2 set at 4.0 vape on that, initial reactions, oh wow. Thats an awesome vape. It is smoother, hits harder, more vapor. Etc etc.

This is also impressions from new vapors. I just lend out my stuff to family and friends to see if its something they might like. Hands down they all prefer the vape from the mvp2.

I never use my vv3 anymore. My juice doesnt seem to taste as good from it. But my husband loves it because of its size, but also agrees he prefers vape from the mvp2. He vapes zero nic and vapes for fun not as a nicotine replacement.

So again. I cant explain it from numbers. Most friends/ family when they look at the mvp dont even want to try it at first. They dont like the look of it. So i lend out one of my vv3’s for a few days, when they come back for juice i have them try my mvp2, then they ask to use the mvp instead lol.

If you have a vv3 and are looking for an upgrade without spending a lot.... You will not be dissapointed with the mvp.

Eta....
After using the vv3 and then hold the mvp2 the quality feels superior. It feels better built. Sturdier.
It makes the vv3 feel cheap.
I think its a great beginners vape. Its what i reccomend to newbies.
But when ready to step up the mvp2 is down right awesome.

Last edited:

All4MyFam

Nov 3, 2013
California
Based on the OP's responses, I'd recommend and MVP II from 101 vape. The charge lasts 2 days or 1.5 days minimum if you are jacking the volts up. Get a couple decent carto tanks. Buy a few boxes of low resistant carto and a carto punch. The low resistance gives you higher wattage to the max 5 volt battery. The voltage is more of a constant like the provari is as well. You both can customize your vaping preferences, stay well under budget $200 tops for everything listed above and have a good quality device that really is going to last you quite a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Maybe you should read the entire thread.

Maybe YOU should read the entire thread eh? Pay close attention to post #47 why don't ya? You walked into it hook, line, and sinker by obviously not reading the entire thread.... I'm not trying to insult you personally, but yeah... umm..

I wont get into your pissing match you freaking troll.

Ooookie dookie.

Why dont you address the op and not instigate fights on the forum?

I did, three times as a matter of fact. I thought I was being fairly helpful, specific, and even left links to a store to purchase everything. I guess I could be more helpful by purchasing the items myself and hand delivering them though... you got me!

Dont answer that because im blocking you and will not be reading any of your future hate posts.

OMG!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :p

All4MyFam

Nov 3, 2013
California
Im gonna have to tell ya like it is..

The vv3 is meh... I have two, great for introducing....
Mvp2 with a glass dct tank is the economy set up. Its a damn good set up. $50 or $60
I let mine out to my brother today so he can get a feel for the difference compared to the vv3... He loved it immedietly.
Long batt life. Well made. He didnt want to have to refill tanks all day so i hooked him up with 6ml cartotank.
Charge every other night and you are set for vaping. I let him borrow it today... And im taking it back.. It is not repairable if it breaks.

Now i have two provaris.... I wont lend either out! I would feel lost.

People tell me all the time to sell them. The guy at my local vape shop is like sell it, it doesnt even have vw...
I just smile and say maybe i will.

The thing is if you dont own one, you do t really get it. This is my go to mod.

The chi you i also have and plan on getting a purple kamry type knock off. Mechs are fun. Simple. No circuit board like the provari.. Uses batteries like a provari.. Button is on the bottom so you have this piece you have to remember to unscrew before you set it down.
It also looses power quick. Starts off at 4.2 volts and dwindles down till it dies. So your vape gets weaker and weaker.
I have heard of something called a kick... Not sure how it works or if it will work in any mech mod. The good thing about mech mod is they are cheap so if you muck it up get another one.

The provari, muck it up send it in they fix it.
Now my very first mvp2 doesnt fire tanks, not any. It broke after three days of owning. I believe it was from a tank leaking and the fire button was pressed so it may have burned something out. It will still read ohms and it will charge my phone.
But i had to buy a new one to replace it. In all fairness, i believe it was faulty as everything i bought from that particular online store has been faulty.

I love my mvp2. Plug and play. No seperate batteries to mess with. 2 1/2 day charge and im a heavy vaper. Works with ego and 510 tanks.
Fits well in the back pocket or cell phone pockets of purses and bags. Comfortable to hold. Vv and vw checks ohms, has a puff counter that i use to gauge how much battery life is left. Way more power than those vv3 but works very similar. It will make those vv3 feel cheap. Also the mvp looks good with any size tank. Ego or 510

Provari... No vw... I miss that feature as i switch tanks through out the day. So i have to remember to check ohms. And sometimes it feels i have to click forever to get there. Much easier on the mvp to check. Honestly that is probably my only real complaint. I wasnt fond of yhe looks online, but in persin they are really sweet looking. Again repairable should you fry the circuit board or break the power button.
Provari looks best with wider based tanks. And works best with 510. They sell an adapter but it often gets stuck in my ego threaded tank and i have to get hubby to use pliers to get it off.

To me, mvp2 is the civic. And provari is the bmw.

Mech mods will be what you want to use if you get into rda or rba, those you can build your own coils to get lower ohms for a hotter vape. Ofcoarse you can use any tank. Again the larger based tanks look best. And with most mech mods, the stainless steel and bronze tanks look best.

Hope some of this helps.

This was a very detailed and honest response OP. She covered most of the pros and cons to most of the devices suggested.

101 Vapes has great pricing on the "other" stuff. ProVape is the only place to purchase a new ProVari.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Ladiekali, that's interesting, I wonder why the difference. As I said, you're not the first person I've read that has wrote that they preferred the MVP over the VV. If I hadn't just purchased another VV I might think about a MVP, but at this point I'm not so interested in another non-replaceable battery PV. I think the next one might need to be a ProVari. I'm not real big on buying stuff that won't last for the long hall. Thanks for your thoughts.

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK

I wouldn't say the MVP is 'far' superior but it supposedly punches a little harder than the VV3 - I believe (could be wrong here) that it has a higher amp limit than the VV3 based on the tests pbursado did (he described the VV3 as 'a little anaemic') - overall the MVP seems to have less drop-off at higher voltages and watts than the VV3 but it still isn't as accurate as something like the ProVari.

Hard to say whether it's something you'd notice in directly comparing the VV3/MVP though.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
My vote, Protovapor XPV and Hypertank.

myxpv.jpg

Somewhere around $225 as you see it.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Thank you all so much. I'll definitely research all of them before I spend money. And maybe I'll try a bigger battery first. That's a great suggestion. You've all been so helpful, and I can't thank you enough.

I'm sorry if I caused some friction with anything. Obviously people have their preferences. That's for sure :). I'm going to make a list of all the suggestions and do my homework before spending the $$, just like you all suggested. There's a lot more to this than I originally thought. Feels like the first day at a new job, haha. Lots to learn for me.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Thank you all so much. I'll definitely research all of them before I spend money. And maybe I'll try a bigger battery first. That's a great suggestion. You've all been so helpful, and I can't thank you enough.

I'm sorry if I caused some friction with anything. Obviously people have their preferences. That's for sure :). I'm going to make a list of all the suggestions and do my homework before spending the $$, just like you all suggested. There's a lot more to this than I originally thought. Feels like the first day at a new job, haha. Lots to learn for me.

The thing to remember is there is no "right answer" no matter how loud people shout their opinion. There is only what works for you, the ideas in this thread should help you work out a good choice for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread