Looking for new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have been using sub box mini in the past 3 years, but sadly it just died last week. My knowledge of mod stays at 3 years ago, so I really need some advice to select the mod fits my requirement.

1. My budget is up to 100-150$.
  2. 4 mg juice can be used over 2 weeks.
  3. I prefer quality/stylish mod.
  4. I don't want to change tank, so kit will be the best option.
At first, I targeted Predator 228 because the metal texture seems really nice. After reading some posts from other users, I realize Predator might not be a good option due to some of its issue.

Then I saw some people suggesting GeekVape Aegis Legend. After doing some research, I think I really like it, but I have two questions.

The first one is why is the price from Geek Vape Aegis Legend 200W Starter Kit | Vape Kits 63.95$ cheaper than the price from Aegis Legend Kit Geek Vape Online Store 96.5$
Is there any reason why the same kit have 30$ difference?

The second question I have is are there any better suggestion that fits my requirement?

Thank you :)

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi all,

I have been using sub box mini in the past 3 years, but sadly it just died last week. My knowledge of mod stays at 3 years ago, so I really need some advice to select the mod fits my requirement.

1. My budget is up to 100-150$.
  2. 4 mg juice can be used over 2 weeks.
  3. I prefer quality/stylish mod.
  4. I don't want to change tank, so kit will be the best option.
At first, I targeted Predator 228 because the metal texture seems really nice. After reading some posts from other users, I realize Predator might not be a good option due to some of its issue.

Then I saw some people suggesting GeekVape Aegis Legend. After doing some research, I think I really like it, but I have two questions.

The first one is why is the price from Geek Vape Aegis Legend 200W Starter Kit | Vape Kits 63.95$ cheaper than the price from Aegis Legend Kit Geek Vape Online Store 96.5$
Is there any reason why the same kit have 30$ difference?

The second question I have is are there any better suggestion that fits my requirement?

Thank you :)
Hi and welcome,
If you "don't want to change tank", just get a new Kbox.
$25.40 Authentic KangerTech KBOX Mini 50W VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1*18650 / 7-50W / zinc alloy / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Or in the US: Kit Kanger SUBOX Subtank Mini-C Starter Kit

Note: After 3 years, any batteries you may have been using may be at the end of their useful life. You should consider replacing batteries after 300-500 charge/discharge cycles.
Please use a trusted vendor and branded (LG, Sony,Samsung) cells.

Cheers
I

Last edited:
  • Useful

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
  • Agree
Hi and welcome,
If you "don't want to change tank", just get a new Kbox.
$25.40 Authentic KangerTech KBOX Mini 50W VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1*18650 / 7-50W / zinc alloy / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Or in the US: Kit Kanger SUBOX Subtank Mini-C Starter Kit

Note: After 3 years, any batteries you may have been using may be at the end of their useful life. You should consider replacing batteries after 300-500 charge/discharge cycles.
Please use a trusted vendor and branded (LG, Sony,Samsung) cells.

Cheers
I

Thanks for answering.

My problem on the current mod is the volt jumps around, and the reason I think is because I dropped it several times. So do you think it is still battery issue instead of mod issue?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for answering.

My problem on the current mod is the volt jumps around, and the reason I think is because I dropped it several times. So do you think it is still battery issue instead of mod issue?

Sorry mate,
I didn't indict the batteries for the device malfunction.

You want a new mod but same tank...Buy another of what you have. (Kbox)
Dropped and used for a few years, almost any device will start to fail.

Batteries are old. Buy new ones.
Batteries are $5 each and last 1-2 years.

Cheers
I

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You could buy a Kanger Toptank mini and another device. The Ravage is the Predator upgrade and can be bought for 40 or less. The Toptank you can get for 20 at My Freedom Smokes. If you are a first time customer code NEWMFS15 is good for 15% off your cart. That leaves you enough for 4 good batteries. I buy batteries from Liion Wholesale and trust them.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Aegis legend and the tank that comes with are both very good. The Mesh coil has a lot of flavor. You will go thru a lot more juice with this than the Subbox though. Not sure if you meant 4mg nic or 4 ml over 2 weeks. If 4 ML over two weeks, the Aero Tank on the Aegis is not the way to go. 4 MG nic content is fine.

The Aegis and Aero tank with the coils for it are going to put out double or more the amount of vapor you are used to. You need to run those coils at 45 Watts plus.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Aegis and Aero tank with the coils for it are going to put out double or more the amount of vapor you are used to. You need to run those coils at 45 Watts plus.
This was the main issue I had with the Aero tank. Loved the tank, hated the coils. I prefer vaping at 30 watts, and vaping at 45 watts with those coils was unpleasant to me. I tried vaping at a lower wattage but the results were subpar. I wish Geekvape offered a coil for the Aero tank in my wattage range.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
A single 18650 mod will suit your vaping style. Maybe you'll like this one, it's simple to use and quite stylish

tesla_punk_mini_85w_tc_box_mod_gunmetal.jpg

Tesla Punk Mini 85W TC Box Mod | Steampunk Vape Device

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This was the main issue I had with the Aero tank. Loved the tank, hated the coils. I prefer vaping at 30 watts, and vaping at 45 watts with those coils was unpleasant to me. I tried vaping at a lower wattage but the results were subpar. I wish Geekvape offered a coil for the Aero tank in my wattage range.

Haven't tried them but the baby beast coils are supposed to work and the TFV8 M2 is in the 25 to 30 Watt range.

Also the Joyetech ProCore as supposed to work. There is a MTL coil in that batch

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um if it's the battery that is dead, you can use the tank on whatever mod you get, right?

If you want to experience something totally new to you, well I suppose the Legend kit may do the trick, but it's going to be a much higher output of vapor than what you have now. But, it's also a "how much do I have to lose really" if your Kbox tank is still functioning correctly. Unless I'm missing something, why not go ahead and buy the kit of whatever mod appeals to you most and then if you don't love the tank or only want to use it some of the time, well you still have the tank from your Kbox, right?

Seems to me as if there is little to lose by a bit of experimentation. I have the legend kit, and I like the mod a great deal, was not expecting to adore the tank (I won it) but the mod's pretty solid and rather nice. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I actually like the tank with the mesh coil geekvape makes. The one that came with the tank lasted around 120 ml before I tossed it. I use them at 45 to 48 watts so still cool enough for me. I bought a 5 pack of the coils. I only use the tank now for out and about during the day. 3 or 4 hits with that much vapor and I am good for a while. It does burn thru liquid though.

One I go thru the 5 pack of coils I will probably put the tank in storage for awhile. I hate buying coils. I will just use the mod with a Themis mesh

The Aegis legend and the tank that comes with are both very good. The Mesh coil has a lot of flavor. You will go thru a lot more juice with this than the Subbox though. Not sure if you meant 4mg nic or 4 ml over 2 weeks. If 4 ML over two weeks, the Aero Tank on the Aegis is not the way to go. 4 MG nic content is fine.

Sorry, I meant 30 ml over 2 weeks, and I Don't know why I said 4.

Thanks for your suggestion. I think Im going to get Aegis for the next level of vaping.

Um if it's the battery that is dead, you can use the tank on whatever mod you get, right?

If you want to experience something totally new to you, well I suppose the Legend kit may do the trick, but it's going to be a much higher output of vapor than what you have now. But, it's also a "how much do I have to lose really" if your Kbox tank is still functioning correctly. Unless I'm missing something, why not go ahead and buy the kit of whatever mod appeals to you most and then if you don't love the tank or only want to use it some of the time, well you still have the tank from your Kbox, right?

Seems to me as if there is little to lose by a bit of experimentation. I have the legend kit, and I like the mod a great deal, was not expecting to adore the tank (I won it) but the mod's pretty solid and rather nice. Etc.

Anna
Yeah, you are right about why not get a new battery if my tank and mod is still good. I went to the store, and asked workers examine the issue. They just said it's dead, and I never think about whether the mod dead or the battery dead.

Anyway, I think it might not be a bad choice to try something different after vaping 4 years.

Thanks for your suggestion. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I guess if it's an external battery mod you could check it with a new battery. I don't know how old yours was, I actually don't know if like, that setup (I am not a KT gal) has a built in battery or a removable one. But it could be the mod's board still, but I'd GUESS that the B&M would have checked the battery to see if it was the mod or the battery. So I wasn't saying "get a new battery" for the mod, I was simply saying, there's no reason to junk the TANK if you like it, that can go on anything.

If it IS a removable battery then you could check the mod with a new one because 3 years is pretty elderly for a battery.

Either way, I think you should get a new kit, but if you discover that one still works well hold onto it, it's always useful to have a backup vape if your new one dies and etc.

Anna

Reactions: Mysteron

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I actually like the tank with the mesh coil geekvape makes. The one that came with the tank lasted around 120 ml before I tossed it. I use them at 45 to 48 watts so still cool enough for me. I bought a 5 pack of the coils. I only use the tank now for out and about during the day. 3 or 4 hits with that much vapor and I am good for a while. It does burn thru liquid though.

One I go thru the 5 pack of coils I will probably put the tank in storage for awhile. I hate buying coils. I will just use the mod with a Themis mesh
This is off topic but the aero tank is compatible with a buttload or other coils. Here is a list of compatibility I found.
  • Eleaf HW coils [Do not fit 22mm Vaporesso Cascade Baby]
  • E-XY T1 coils
  • Geekvape Super Mesh coils
  • Geekvape iM1+4 coils
  • iJoy XS coils
  • Jomo Tech Smartvape TC80 coils
  • Joyetech ProCore Aries coils [Do not fit 22mm Smok tanks]
  • Joyetech ProCore C1-S MTL coil [Only MTL offering]
  • Sigelei SLYDR SM coils
  • SMOK TFV8 baby coils
  • Squid Ind. Peacemaker coils
  • Teslacigs H8 coils
  • Vapefly Fantasy Mini M8 coils
  • Vaporesso GT Core coils
  • Vaportech M4/8 coils
  • Vaptio Frogman coils
  • WOTOFO FLOW coils
There is other coils also but this is a good start. I’ve tried the eleaf hw series, wotofo flow, and Vaporesso mesh coils. The Vaporesso are my favorite so far. Only problem is it ohms at .15-.19 which is lower than I’m accustomed too but they provide a nice hit. I’m a fan of the Themis mesh RTA also. It’s atop my Cylon and the flavor is excellent. Ok back to the original topic of this thread and sorry for the drift.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This is off topic but the aero tank is compatible with a buttload or other coils. Here is a list of compatibility I found.
  • Eleaf HW coils [Do not fit 22mm Vaporesso Cascade Baby]
  • E-XY T1 coils
  • Geekvape Super Mesh coils
  • Geekvape iM1+4 coils
  • iJoy XS coils
  • Jomo Tech Smartvape TC80 coils
  • Joyetech ProCore Aries coils [Do not fit 22mm Smok tanks]
  • Joyetech ProCore C1-S MTL coil [Only MTL offering]
  • Sigelei SLYDR SM coils
  • SMOK TFV8 baby coils
  • Squid Ind. Peacemaker coils
  • Teslacigs H8 coils
  • Vapefly Fantasy Mini M8 coils
  • Vaporesso GT Core coils
  • Vaportech M4/8 coils
  • Vaptio Frogman coils
  • WOTOFO FLOW coils
There is other coils also but this is a good start. I’ve tried the eleaf hw series, wotofo flow, and Vaporesso mesh coils. The Vaporesso are my favorite so far. Only problem is it ohms at .15-.19 which is lower than I’m accustomed too but they provide a nice hit. I’m a fan of the Themis mesh RTA also. It’s atop my Cylon and the flavor is excellent. Ok back to the original topic of this thread and sorry for the drift.

I don't know about all those coils but the Joyetech ProCore Aries coils do not fit the tank. The bottom base above the threads on the ProCore coils is larger in diameter than the Aero Coils and will not allow the coil to screw into the tank. The Aero Coils do work in the Joyetech ProCore Areis Tank though so the threads are the same on the coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread