Okay I need to go to juice school...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LockMD

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
The short story is I need to learn about PG/VG cutting PG juice with VG. There has gotta be a good thread/sticky/video around here somewhere.

I've only been vaping a little over 2 weeks (still on analogs too) I was hoping to have some good flavored juice to help quit altogether. Someone told me if I cut the PG juice with VG it would create more vapor and lower the nic - which it did but it seems to have lowered the taste too :confused:

I've got a bunch of samples from nuvape but most dont have any flavor as others have reported. I got mostly the non-pg at 18mg also have other juices as well.

PG does seem to make me a tad gassy LOL - I'm just looking for something with good vapor and good flavor. I have 4 devices now: VX2, M402, Titan 510, and BLU. Any help or even just point me to a good sticky or video would be appreciated.

Thanks.

slittle

Jun 10, 2009
I tried many devices for the past 3 weeks, but it wasn't until I got the DSE901 from Electronic Ash (black-flat tip) three days ago, and I have been able to stop the analogues for two days now. The vapor and weight of the vapor is the closest I have found to be like smoking an analogue.

I used to smoke Marlboro, and I found that the marlboro 36mg from Smokey treats to be the closest too the real deal. Electronic Ash has a discount code for 25% I think still and they have the best customer service and return policy. I know because all the other suppliers I had to return to charge me 20-30% restocking fee and didn't reimburse for shipping.

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
I tried a bottle of non PG from Johnson Creek noted the flavor was just...well.. " off ". From what i'v been reading, VG puts less vapor than PG because the vapor partials are larger, this could be wrong but i guess it makes sense. The Turkish Blend PG is really doing the trick for me as far as flavor and vapor production.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
Hi, I have insomnia.. I'll type a while (smile)

I never did find PG to buy locally around me...And the VG you can usually find at hobby lobby, usually in the cake making isle ( sometimes at wallmart)..The brand is Wilton -Glycerine(should say- Restores consistency of icing colors- on the front)...You can buy both at a few places online..Bickford flavors, Lorran Oils (look under miscellaneous) LiquidXpress, JuicyLiquids

PG- is the base liquid in most commercial eliquids...However, many suppliers (johnson creek to name one) carry VG e-liquids for those who are sensitive to PG and vice versa...PG is a thinner liquid...Some feel that it gives a better throat hit...As well as being better all around for an atomizer...

VG- also commonly called "glycerine" ... Is thicker in consistency...Has a sweeter taste/vapor...And will produce a thicker, denser vapor....Some people feel that VG (especially in higher amounts in your mix) has a waxy and or soapy taste... As well as some reporting stomach irritation when used higher then 50% of your total mix... Others don't experience this at all...

Personally I would purchase them both (they are not that expensive) last a while and you'll always have options > VG, to add a little more thick vapor..Or sweetness to an eliquid/DIY mix...PG to tone down sweetness or thin a liquid/DIY mix down...Good way to find out if you're sensitive to one or the other too..

I personally like my DIY mix's to be mostly PG and flavorings (usually no more then 10-20% flavoring,depending on what flavoring you use) and adding about 10-25 %VG to boost vapor..But, that's what's nice about DIYing..You make it the way you like it...

Pretty much the same thing when you are cutting a commercial eliquid..10-25% VG or PG added will drop mg strength a bit and boost vapor without taking away tons of your flavor....However, if your wanting to drop the mg strength by a large amount..You'll most likely be better off buying the same flavor liquid in a 0 nic or low nic and combining the two = you retain all the flavor.. Or as suggested earlier..You can drastically cut the liquid with your PG or VG..but, then you'll need to boost the flavor back up with a flavoring (a straight flavoring) such as you can purchase at Lorran Oils, Bickford flavorings, LiquidXpress or JuicyLiquids flavorings, to name a few....

Ill add, to learn a whole lot more great info on DIYing..Go to the "tips and tricks" DIY e-liquids..section on the main page..

ok, I'm sleepier now lol

Last edited:

Maya

Jun 24, 2009
Johnson City, TN
Hi, I'm new to the forum and wasn't allowed access to start my own thread...but I have a newbie esmoker question. I got my first e-cig (true dse-901) in the mail today and after trying it out I really like it...except all the eliquids i got from the supplier (myvaporstore.com -- love them) taste kinda weird. Not necessarily bad...but kinda cleaner chemically weird. Is this a supplier issue or is this just a smell/taste that nicotine juice has to it? I got the Menthol and RY4 flavors and even the prefilled sample cart that came with the starter kit had the same kinda weird taste.

Any advice?

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    I tried a bottle of non PG from Johnson Creek noted the flavor was just...well.. " off ". From what i'v been reading, VG puts less vapor than PG because the vapor partials are larger, this could be wrong but i guess it makes sense. The Turkish Blend PG is really doing the trick for me as far as flavor and vapor production.

VG produces more vapor than PG. Add a small amount of VG/glycerin/glycerol to a small mix of PG pre-mixed, then try it if you don't think so.

Maya

Jun 24, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    e- liquids usually taste better then they smell...But, it sounds like you still might be tasting primer...Try vaping on it for a while without enhaling

I have been vaping a whole day, and then tried to again this morning by dripping and that taste is still there :( ...its almost a burnt metal taste. How do you clean an atomizer? I read some earlier posts on bad batches of fluid, could this be a similar situation?

Thanks

LedGecko

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2009
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I have been vaping a whole day, and then tried to again this morning by dripping and that taste is still there :( ...its almost a burnt metal taste. How do you clean an atomizer? I read some earlier posts on bad batches of fluid, could this be a similar situation?

Thanks

You wouldn't need to clean an atomizer after only a day of use, and doing so would probably do more harm than good. The funky metallic taste is primer, and it does sometimes take a couple days to get rid of. My advice is to stick with a single juice flavor until the bad taste is gone ... meaning, stick with only one of your carts, topping it off when needed. Otherwise you will waste a whole lot of carts/juices while you're going crazy trying to find one that tastes good. This is from experience. :D

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2009
    Trapped within my imagination
    Hi Maya (smile)

Did you blow the primer fluid out of your new atomizer before you started vaping? Blowing into the "battery" end (4-5 times-) of your atomizer while holding a paper towel at the other end to catch the fluid ( until you see no more fluid on the towel)...Then reprime the wic with a couple of drops of e-liquid.. This greatly reduces the amount of days/primer you'll have to vape off...

And yes, It usually takes more then one day to break in an atty..Some take longer then others..Especially if you didn't blow out the primer first...I used to chase my hubby around trying to get him to help me vape the primer off lol

Last edited:

Maya

Jun 24, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    Did you blow the primer fluid out of your new atomizer before you started vaping? Blowing into the "battery" end (4-5 times-) of your atomizer while holding a paper towel at the other end to catch the fluid ( until you see no more fluid on the towel)...Then reprime the wic with a couple of drops of e-liquid.. This greatly reduces the amount of days/primer you'll have to vape off...

Thanks for all the advice everyone...especially RazorNribbonz. I'm excited to get home and try blowing on the atty!...and if nothing else it helps to know this is only a temporary thing not permanent. :thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread