Okay irritating problem! Please help :(!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Walden

Sep 4, 2015
So I went out to my favorite vapor store in town, I bought 2 1.8 dual coils for my kanger tech 3 mini pro, I've used these coils in it successfully VARIOUS times and im having a weird problem I screwed in a new one, I can draw on it but only when its halfway unscrewed, It wont tighten down and if I move it from my e-cig at all (a standard ego model battery that I use to beat around on) it just blinks the same story when I screw it down, It simply wont hit. I dont know what the problem is i've encountered this in the past and never had any luck finding an answer any idea's? (it is doing this with both of my ecigs im wondering if its the coils)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I went out to my favorite vapor store in town, I bought 2 1.8 dual coils for my kanger tech 3 mini pro, I've used these coils in it successfully VARIOUS times and im having a weird problem I screwed in a new one, I can draw on it but only when its halfway unscrewed, It wont tighten down and if I move it from my e-cig at all (a standard ego model battery that I use to beat around on) it just blinks the same story when I screw it down, It simply wont hit. I dont know what the problem is i've encountered this in the past and never had any luck finding an answer any idea's? (it is doing this with both of my ecigs im wondering if its the coils)

my guess is you are inclined to overtighten.

is that the kangertech mini protank 3 ?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Could be 2 different issues.

1.There is an issue with the 510 pin on the Ego batteries being stuck from over tightening a tank on it. Use something non metallic and try to pry it JUST A LITTLE so that it's back in place. Usually it's from the pin being depressed to far or off square.

2. Many of the Kanger coils look the same but are different and not interchangeable. It's possible they sold you the wrong coils.

Michael Walden

Sep 4, 2015
yeah thats what I'd think normally but I saw the packaging, I've vaped for 5 years now and kept with kanger the whole time pretty much (switching to aero from time to time then building my own mods to save money eventually with the silk) but in time i've only recieved 2 bad coils and its been from the same shop i've used for ages X_X I started a new job which is why I dont bring my mod out, I dig a lot so I dont wanna get it dirty y'know what im saying XD? But I digress its working now, I took the coil apart and pushed the silk up and its hitting fine now, I guess that the coils from the factory were defective in the sense that the cotton wasnt placed right around the mini wire all is well - Thanks guys I was thinking it was my battery at first too which I dont have a lot of knowledge about X_X but I got it fixed.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Glad you got it working!

And....

viannen_01.gif

Welcome!​

pJYvGY3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.