Ola X HERO 30w

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeproctor

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Indianapolis
DV has this mod on sale for $17.99!! I bought one and it's the first 18650 mod I've owned and have to say I'm loving it so far. It is heavier than my 30w iSticks but it feels great in the hand to me and with 3000maH 18650s I should be able to get 3 days vaping with one battery. Anyone looks for a mod that doesn't need a zillion watts should consider this one.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
DV has this mod on sale for $17.99!! I bought one and it's the first 18650 mod I've owned and have to say I'm loving it so far. It is heavier than my 30w iSticks but it feels great in the hand to me and with 3000maH 18650s I should be able to get 3 days vaping with one battery. Anyone looks for a mod that doesn't need a zillion watts should consider this one.

I bought one at a little more cost than the sale price. Kind advice, unless they have started using better quality MOSFET in these be careful with the mod. Think mine broke from a minor jar. I had it setting upright on my desk and it toppled over onto the desk surface. After this, the mod would appear to fire but it did not produce vapor.

I checked different coils, opened the mod itself merely to look at it. Everything appeared to be connected. I tried the tanks and RTA on different mods. They worked on other mods. I would put them on the Hero & it fired but still would not produce vapor. Someone said that manufactures will sometimes use sub standard (cheap) parts and MOSFETS are usually skimped on.

I asked if my dropping it may have damaged it. They laughed and said it was built like a tank, and doubted a minor jar would have broken the mod. Mine is now shelved. I recently did break a connection wire on it. It will need soldered. I did not return product to DV after I had an issue, I opened it before thinking about it. Figured once I'd opened it, any help was voided.

While I did have use of the mod, I loved it. :) It was a nice mod for learning I enjoy having swappable batteries. Seeing them on sale is difficult for me to pass up. Have other shiny items to buy now, though. * chuckles * Hoping to buy a Kanger Dripbox 160 watt model, maybe some nicotine, pg & vg. Found I like to squonk, rebuild coils & may even like mixing my own juice/s. :) Looking to get set up to vape long haul.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS

I just bought the same one in SS from DV and love it. For the price, you can't go wrong. I bought it for my new Aspire Nautilus X tank. Had to remove the 510 adjuster screw so that the tank would fit flush. The Nautilus X won't leak from the bottom so it's not a concern. I'm using it at 18 watts and love this new mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread