Old Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Hey gang, I was gone for awhile but I'm back. So, basically, years ago I had to quit smoking and got into vaping. Of course, I ended up loving vaping and not having any desire to smoke again. But then eventually I stopped vaping as well. Not because I went back to smoking, I just didn't need the nicotine anymore and just eventually stopped. Unfortunately, due to stress and other factors, I started chain smoking a few weeks ago. Luckily, I still have all my vaping equipment. I have some newer liquids I've been vaping, but I also have a big box of stuff from way back. Are NET liquids from Good E Juice still good if they're over two years old? What do you guys think? As always, I appreciate the help.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Two years is a long time for premixed juice, likely flavor will have suffered considerably even if stored in a cool dark place. I just tossed several of mine that were 18 months old, flavor was seriously muted and they had a murky/mucky plastic taste. Concentrated flavoring has the same problem, had to toss several of those as well. The only thing I have found that keeps long term is unflavored liquid nic stored in sealed glass containers in the freezer below 0F. Undiluted NET also survives the ravishes of time although I don't know just how long they can be stored, some of mine are two years old and still quite good.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
I had some premixed juices that were 4 years old. They all sort of converged towards a blechh kind of taste, kind of a "scrapings of the iHop" flavor, but seemed at least somewhat nicotine-viable. I have a lot of flavoring in little bottles that seems to still be useful. There's 300 out of 500 ml of 10% nicotine in VG, i.e. 100 mg/ml, in a blue plastic bottle, well sealed, and from the smell I'd say it's nicotine. Just as well I happened to stop using nic in my vape. All in all I'd toss the premixes, but try to save the flavoring. I'd get some powerful Rebuildables with a 50 watt adjustable wattage box mod, and try dropping the nicotine to 0 mg/ml by vaping monster clouds instead. FWIW, it worked for me.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I had some premixed juices that were 4 years old. They all sort of converged towards a blechh kind of taste, kind of a "scrapings of the iHop" flavor, but seemed at least somewhat nicotine-viable. I have a lot of flavoring in little bottles that seems to still be useful. There's 300 out of 500 ml of 10% nicotine in VG, i.e. 100 mg/ml, in a blue plastic bottle, well sealed, and from the smell I'd say it's nicotine. Just as well I happened to stop using nic in my vape. All in all I'd toss the premixes, but try to save the flavoring. I'd get some powerful Rebuildables with a 50 watt adjustable wattage box mod, and try dropping the nicotine to 0 mg/ml by vaping monster clouds instead. FWIW, it worked for me.

long time no see Fernand, nice to see you back here posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread