old noobie

Status
Not open for further replies.

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2019
philly
hello vapes, and i don't know nuttin'.
I need the help of you fine people to guide me on the path to NO CANCER STICKS.

want to get: smok Mag Grip Kit 100W with TFV8 Baby V2 tank

1 * MAG Grip Mod
1 * TFV8 Baby V2 Tank
1 * Baby V2 S1 0.15Q Single Mesh Coil (Pre-installed)
1 * Baby V2 S2 0.15Q Quadruple Kanthal Coils
1 * Glass Tube Replacement.
1 * USB Cable
1 * 18650 Battery Adapter
1 * User ManualSpare parts

what pg/vg ejuice should i use for this mod?
what nic level? (pack a day full flavor filters)
which battery? (20700 or 21700 battery or 18650 battery)
can you clear up the fog in my brain about all the different coils?
what's the difference between salts and non-salts?

and any other advice you would deem helpful for a novice.

i'm ignorant of the facts when it comes to vaping so please be kind.

SMOK Mag Grip Kit 100W with TFV8 Baby V2 Tank

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Would you be open to something other than a SMOK mod? Smok products tend to be constructed poorly and break easily.

Have you used an e-cigarette before?
If you are still smoking cigarettes, about how many per day? One pack, did you say?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Gonna need a charger or two to charge those types of batteries. Not advisable to use the usb cable. Lot to learn about handling those types of batteries and where to buy them from a known good dealer.
    Coils? Well, the ones that you have are going to be quite warm to hot. Is that what you want?
    Welcome to vaping! A bunch of reading here and ask many questions and we'll have you going in no time!

Reactions: toneman2121

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    hello vapes, and i don't know nuttin'.
    I need the help of you fine people to guide me on the path to NO CANCER STICKS.

want to get: SMOK Mag Grip Kit 100W with TFV8 Baby V2 Tank

1 * MAG Grip Mod
    1 * TFV8 Baby V2 Tank
    1 * Baby V2 S1 0.15Q Single Mesh Coil (Pre-installed)
    1 * Baby V2 S2 0.15Q Quadruple Kanthal Coils
    1 * Glass Tube Replacement.
    1 * USB Cable
    1 * 18650 Battery Adapter
    1 * User ManualSpare parts

what pg/vg ejuice should i use for this mod?
    what nic level? (pack a day full flavor filters)
    which battery? (20700 or 21700 battery or 18650 battery)
    can you clear up the fog in my brain about all the different coils?
    what's the difference between salts and non-salts?

and any other advice you would deem helpful for a novice.

i'm ignorant of the facts when it comes to vaping so please be kind.

SMOK Mag Grip Kit 100W with TFV8 Baby V2 Tank
    Don't be talked into a pricey setup for just starting out. Get something small and simple, under $30. Then you want an eliquid with no less than 12 mg nic. If the shop mixes ask for something with very low flavor percent, bland. Then vape and vape and vape some more. Fill up on nicotine by vaping instead of smoking. Don't be hard on yourself about smoking, just keep vaping. Over time cigarettes won't taste so good. After 4 days with my first $20 vape pen I realized it might work. That's when I went back to the vape shop for something fancier. Don't put pressure on yourself by starting with an expensive setup.

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2019
    philly
    Don't be talked into a pricey setup for just starting out. Get something small and simple, under $30. Then you want an eliquid with no less than 12 mg nic. If the shop mixes ask for something with very low flavor percent, bland. Then vape and vape and vape some more. Fill up on nicotine by vaping instead of smoking. Don't be hard on yourself about smoking, just keep vaping. Over time cigarettes won't taste so good. After 4 days with my first $20 vape pen I realized it might work. That's when I went back to the vape shop for something fancier. Don't put pressure on yourself by starting with an expensive setup.
    thanks. can you recommend a device?

• Agree
    Reactions: Opinionated

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Keep it simple, are you wanting a tighter draw more similar to a cig? Does size matter? On another note I disagree with above recommending weak flavors, your taste buds are shot right now so go with in your face flavor for the time being.

Welcome to ECF!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    at those price points there are many. A good shop should have several to choose from that work well. The important thing starting out is to build confidence. There is less pressure if the first device doesn't cost too much. The retailer won't like that. He wants to sell you something expensive in case you don't come back. I found the best place for a beginner to shop is a dedicated tobacco shop that also has a good selection of vape stuff. Smokers trying to switch are different from hobbiests looking for the next rig.

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2019
    philly
    Keep it simple, are you wanting a tighter draw more similar to a cig? Does size matter? On another note I disagree with above recommending weak flavors, your taste buds are shot right now so go with in your face flavor for the time being.

Welcome to ECF!
    tighter draw more similar to a cig

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2019
    philly

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2016
    Cape Ann, MA
    It is overwhelming and that's why I tried to make it real simple. If by e-cigs you mean the gas station crapola you'll be doing yourself a disservice. Buy a mod and get off on the right foot. This path literally changed my life after 20yrs of coffin nails.

By the by, those are all American distributors as opposed to something overseas if you're hot to trot and don't want to get hosed by a local vape shop. Lots of batteries are counterfeits but not from those shops. Verde is affordable quality juice. Find the Pico Full kit at the best rate stateside. It's been around a couple years and is proven.

man, this is OVERWHELMING. i think i'll try the ecigs first, then step up to mods. there are a couple of recommendations in this thread that i'll look at

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2019
    philly
    It is overwhelming and that's why I tried to make it real simple. If by e-cigs you mean the gas station crapola you'll be doing yourself a disservice. Buy a mod and get off on the right foot. This path literally changed my life after 20yrs of coffin nails.

By the by, those are all American distributors as opposed to something overseas if you're hot to trot and don't want to get hosed by a local vape shop. Lots of batteries are counterfeits but not from those shops. Verde is affordable quality juice. Find the Pico Full kit at the best rate stateside. It's been around a couple years and is proven.
    wouldn't you recommend juul?

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread