Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I just found an old article and study (2001) but it really is impressive, I have no words

it is a study made by philip morris on the Czech Republic's financial impact of smoking

here is just a quote

"our principal finding is that the negative financial effects of smoking (such as increased health care costs) are more than offset by positive effects (such as excise tax and VAT collected on tobacco products). This conclusion would hold even if the indirect positive effects of smoking were neglected.

Public finance gained between 19,523 mil. CZK and 23,793 mil. CZK, with the realistic

estimate of 20,270 mil. CZK, from smoking-related taxes. Public finance saved between

943 mil. CZK and 1,193 mil. CZK (realistic estimate: 1,193 mil. CZK) from reduced health-care costs, savings on pensions and housing costs for the elderly -- all related to the early mortality of smokers.

Among the positive effects, excise tax, VAT and health care cost savings due to early mortality are the most important. Increased health-care costs, absenteeism-related social costs, lost income tax related to early mortality, and fire-induced costs total between 13,849 mil. CZK and 16,605 mil. CZK, with the realistic estimate totalling 15,647 mil. CZK."

"

so the positive effects of smokin is that it kills us too soon to become a burden for healthcare...

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/BUSINESS/07/16/czech.morris/

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I'm quite sure that our 'Political Leaders' have done the same analysis and have come to the same conculsions that the Chech 'Fearless Leaders' came to.
Get the Money and Let 'em Die. Thus the coming 'Prohibition of vaping' with it's Propaganda Campaign. I'd expect T-shirts and ball caps with 'Support America Have a Cigarette'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread