Status
Not open for further replies.

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
MN
www.facebook.com
I have been out of the loop for many years. I used an ecig to quit smoking, and then stopped vaping, but my wife is still vaping. I don't see her stopping anytime real soon.

So I am looking for rebuildable device for her that I could buy a handful of before the shipping ban goes in effect, and then just keep rebuilding. Only main concern is that it has to work on an old school 501 threads, low voltage device. She has been using "vamo" devices for years and we actually have probably 50 of them from a store that went out of business a few years ago. So no sub-ohm devices or anything like that. Thanks,

Reactions: YoursTruli

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    What tanks does she currently use on them?

Those old devices, like Vamos, a little advice. The thinner the wire the better if using a rebuildable on them. Those devices are very inefficient and you also get a lot of battery sag on them when using thicker wire, even 28 gauge wire.

Also, more advice: You may want to look into storing some nice base unless she's vaping 0 nic.

old school 501 threads

You mean 510 right?

Reactions: DaveP

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
    Sep 13, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    So I am looking for rebuildable device for her that I could buy a handful of before the shipping ban goes in effect, and then just keep rebuilding. Only main concern is that it has to work on an old school 501 threads, low voltage device.

VapeNW has the older Eleaf Lemo RTA for only $1.99 each. They have the 510 threading on the bottom and are a pretty large capacity RTA. Another ECF member friend bought 1 of them, tried it...absolutely loved it...and then bought more of them..than anyone I know, or myself, has ever bought of any 1 vape device!

ETA: They are a bottomfill RTA, if that makes a difference to you/her. You also have to remove the bottom of the base from the rest of the tank...to get to the fillhole there. But, they work well, IMO. I bought 3 of them for the stash and tried 1 of them. They aren't my favorite RTA, but for the VapeNW price...they're definitely well worth trying, IMO.

Eleaf Lemo RTA

Last edited:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I can confirm the Ares 2 tank! It is easy to rebuild, and it has great taste. I vape MTL. I also am a huge fan of the Kanger top fill tank or Kanger sub tank mini with the rba base. Most kits come with the rba. You just want to check to make sure.
    Here is what they look like. You may be able to find them cheaper somewhere else, but I figured this would help you check them out :)
    Kanger sub tank mini
    Kanger Subtank MINI Hybrid Tank

Kanger top fill tank
    Kanger Toptank Mini (Top Fill Subtank Mini)

This is the rba...sold out
    Kanger Mini RBA Plus Deck v2

Ares2 tank
    Innokin Ares 2 MTL RTA - 24mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2010
    MN
    www.facebook.com
    Welcome back,

You might consider something like the ARES 2: Ares 2 review

Which tank had you been using?
    What does your wife use?
    What is the resistance range of the vamo/device you plan to use?
    What is your budget?
    Do you have wire/wick/tools to begin rebuilding?

Cheers
    I

Thanks, we just use these old school cartomizers with a tank. Basically these,

boge+f16+tank+cartomzier-3.jpg

if i recall correctly, they run in the 1.5-2 ohm range? something like 7-8 watts or so? (again, it has been a while for me, I just make the juice at this point for her) We would lean towards staying in that range. I don't want to buy new mods/batteries/etc/ and whole new systems. We have a bunch of new vamos, new cartomizers, new tanks, etc. still, but I am thinking 5 years down the line mostly if she is still using them.

Budget isn't a big concern,

I don't have anything really to rebuild, but I am guessing most of that stuff will still be available after the "ban" I have some wire and some rope, etc. that I bought way back when the rebuildables were just coming out (like 2012 or so?)but never liked the way they worked, leaked quite a bit, etc. So never went that route. I also kinda quit when sub-ohm vaping was just coming out too. Which I would have avoided anyway because a perceived health risk (right or wrong, just how I felt at the time)

Reactions: Izan

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2010
    MN
    www.facebook.com
    Thanks for the other replies, I'll check them all out. The Ares 2 looks interesting.

I'll research the wire gauge too, before I get too deep with the vamo. I know that was a bad device from the beginning, but I think we ended up with like 70 of them for $30 or something when I won that auction. And a couple cases of the cartomizers.

My wife just said if we run out of our current stash, she will just quit. (where I have heard that before :)

Reactions: wvducklady

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So basically, you need a tight mouth-to-lung (MTL) RTA that's easy to build/wick.

The Lemo or even Lemo 2 are out. Both are hard to coil and wick. In fact, even seasoned builders hated coiling/wicking those tanks (but many love them (like me), but they aren't easy and the Lemo 2 is not really MTL).

I would second the Ares 2. It is a true MTL RTA & it can be found in the USA. Doesn't matter if it's the Ares 2 or Ares 2 LE. They are the same tanks. The LE merely lacks the design on the outside of t tank that many people hated, so they came out with the LE to appease that customer base. Same tank.

The Ares 2 LE is stock here (silver only)...
    Ares 2 LE - Innokin Ares 2 LE RTA by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

Realize that the Ares 2 come sin both 22mm and 24mm and the 24mm is the most widely available. 24mm tanks will overhang the vamo by 1mm all around. No biggie, it's about the vape when it comes down to it. I hear the 24mm has a slightly larger build deck so this may be more favorable in that respect.

But you're going to need cotton to wick it. Silica rope won't cut it. Cotton is no bid deal as that will be available no matter what happens.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Reactions: wvducklady

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @tsbrewers - Skyvapes (US vendor in California) is having a store closing sale, and in their Clearance section...they've got the original Ares RTA for $15.00. Innokin made some changes and/or "improvements" to it later, and that's why they came out with the Ares 2 version. You may want to watch some reviews to see what those were and to compare the 2 versions. Some differences between them might not make a difference to you. They have 3 Black and 2 Stainless Steel still available.

Innokin Ares RTA by Phil Busardo & Dimitris Agrafiotis

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread