Old Vaper with newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
Hi all. Been vaping over ten years now, this Forum was tremendously helpful to me when I got started but haven't been back for awhile. I need help on a new setup. Ive been vaping on 510 dual coil cartomizers, double punched, in a tank for years now but the carts are almost impossible to get now. I am a mouth to lung vaper and use a 40W box mod at 7.7W with a 1.5 or 2 ohm cart. Started at 24 mg juice but down to 4 mg.
I am technologically challenged so hopefully I got all that right.
Anyway, can anyone recommend a setup for me to replace my precious carts? There are SO MANY options it's hard to pick.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I believe the flavor of the month is the Innokin Zenith II tank with the 0.8 or 1.2 ohm Z coils. The Zenith has a 24mm base, where the Innokin Zlide, I believe, has a 22mm base. Both take the Z coils.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I agree that an innokin zlide with the 1.6ohm coil that is the highest ohm coil would be good for you....ofc why not use other coils u might like them more it's just that I guess u are used to low wattage vaping

The European version of zlide that holds 2 mls of juice is 22mm and the 4ml version is 24mm...

The innokin zenith 2 is new and if your mod can support 24mm tank better get that....there is no thinner version tho

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Guys I have no idea about cartos but do they have 510 connection? Maybe op needs a new mod to use more modern tanks??? :vapor:
    OP said he has a 40w box mod (brand unknown). But, a new Z80 would be kicky. :smokie:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The Zenith has a 24mm base, where the Innokin Zlide, I believe, has a 22mm base.

The zlide tank comes in both 22mm and 24mm with the 24 being the most popular in the USA. The 24mm is double the capacity of the measly 2ml of the 22mm.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So I should assume box mods always have 510 and only egos stick batteries had the old 810 or however it was called??? :oops: that's toooooo smart for me lol
    :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

There have been box mods in the early days with 810 and other threadings, so it was a fair question for you to ask if it was 510 being that the OP's mod could very well be as old as 11 years or more.

WVvet

ECF Veteran
    Jun 11, 2011
    WV
    I believe the flavor of the month is the Innokin Zenith II tank with the 0.8 or 1.2 ohm Z coils. The Zenith has a 24mm base, where the Innokin Zlide, I believe, has a 22mm base. Both take the Z coils.
    Probably a stupid question, but why does the size of the base matter?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Probably a stupid question, but why does the size of the base matter?

Because of mostly overhang. A few years back, manufacturers started making tanks that were wider than 22mm and then making the tank shorter, so as to have a lower profile.

If you happen to have an old mod, something that is 24mm will likely over hang the edges of the mod. The tank will still work, but it might bother you, aesthetically speaking.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Also, if you happen to have a mod that has a battery cap on the top of the mod that protrudes, and the mod was not designed for over 22mm tanks, then you can never fit a 24mm tank on it. The battery cap limits the size of tank you can use. Examples of such mods would be

• Vaporesso Swag I
    • Eleaf Pico 75W
    • Eleaf Pico X
    4476104-12.jpg

As you can see, with the battery cap situated on the top of the mod, right next to the 510, the battery cap limits the diameter of the tank that can be fit onto the mod. In the above case, the widest you can go is 22mm at the most (mmmmmmmmaybe 22.5mm).

Last edited:

WVvet

ECF Veteran
    Jun 11, 2011
    WV
    Because of mostly overhang. A few years back, manufacturers started making tanks that were wider than 22mm and then making the tank shorter, so as to have a lower profile.

If you happen to have an old mod, something that is 24mm will likely over hang the edges of the mod. The tank will still work, but it might bother you, aesthetically speaking.
    Gotcha, thanks. I don't worry about aesthetics much and hate refilling so bigger is better.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It's an eleaf I stick. By the way, I'm a she

If it's an Isick 20W, then all modern tanks will overhang the side of the mod since the Isick 20W is a 20-21mm mod.

If it is an istick 30W than it will take up to 22mm without overhang.

However no matter the size of the tank, it will still work, it will just have overhang.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread