Aerotank mini + 900mah battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoPoPoP

Jul 5, 2014
UK
Hi, I'm still new.

Is Aerotank mini (also mega) rebuildable? I mean, re-wicking my own coil and replace it with a dead one whenever that happens. At the moment, I'm in a hurry (holiday for almost 2 weeks soon) so I don't have time to learn how to re-wick and stuff.

Recently, I purchased 20 coils (single coil) for the Aerotank mini (apparently, eBay page says it's supported). When arrived, everything went horribly wrong (e-liquid leakage, coming out of the air hole). My mistake.

So, it seems that Aerotank only supports the fresh pre-made dual coils (designed for aerotank), which leads to another question. Is dual coil not good for my 900mAh 510/eGo battery? I have two, but I don't know if that's enough. I'm a heavy smoker BTW. But if I can't re-wick with the aerotank, what then...?

What should I do for the time being? I've had just recently purchased these items (aerotank mini and 20 coils), so I can return em and get money back. And buy an iTaste MPV V2.0 (the 2600mAh one) to compensate for dual-coil power-drain and buy 20 x dual coils? Should I also buy Aerotank Mega, instead of Mini? I have a feeling I want to do that. Or any suggestion?

In the future, I plan to learn how to do DIY stuff.

Last edited:

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
The single coil chimneys are shorter than the dual coil ones, leading to the leaks. I've read that you can stack the gasket at the base of the chimney, which can help, but I have no direct experience.

But being in a hurry and building coils is not really the best combination. In my opinion, your best bet is to purchase a pack of the dual coils that ARE compatible and get back to your eBay seller about false claims.

PoPoPoP

Jul 5, 2014
UK
Sorry but I don't understand. Can you be more specific?
I thought Aerotank mini only supported dual coils (the whole piece that has dual coils). I purchased single coils (Kanger) but that has caused leakage...

I honestly don't know what to do. Ok, I'll message the eBay seller. For dual coils coils, what's the best oMh? 1.5 or 2? Considering my 900 mAh batteries and all...

Last edited:

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver

PoPoPoP

Jul 5, 2014
UK
Just to be sure... is this the New Dual Coil like what you mentioned.... the new PT coils? (on the left)

93eb00.jpg

So what are you saying is that I should get the middle one (old Dual Coil) since it has the wick out instead and thus can be re-built? I really hope it it fits my aerotank mini... Since I'm in a hurry, I gotta get 20 coils (just in case).

But I'm curious... any huge difference between the new one / old one? Stuff like power draining?

Attachments

• kanger.jpg
    kanger.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
That's the pic I was looking for lol.

New coil on left is not rebuildable as far as I know, they have coils with wicks and circular filler. The new ones on left vape great stock.

Middle coil is easy to rebuild as single coil and work in pt3 and aero. Also kanger is phasing them out.

Right old school coils and rebuild like middle coil and can use oring like mention to adapt in pt3 tanks.

Hope makes spence.

PoPoPoP

Jul 5, 2014
UK
They will work just fine with that setup.

well, so far...

The new dual coils work perfectly with the aerotank mini.

however, I'm having some issue with the old dual coils (older version.)
when i use it, there's less vapor and e-liquid came out of the mouth piece. Is there any solution to fix this?
there's no leakage out of the tank's airhole though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread