Omega help/questions (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure_Khaos

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Corona, CA
cddz, im having a similar issue. Before I had taken the unit apart (I build computers not mechanical vaporizing devices ; ]) the switch assembly would take a lot of force to push down, which I figured couldnt be right. I watched your video, and after using some q-tips and rubbing alcohol, when I was "dropping" the contact switch.. is it called? When I was dropping it in I realized, it wasn't going in! Im not sure why, there are small ridges on it from the screws, but it wouldnt drop it. the rod itself is scuffed much like in the OP's pictures, but even now it requires force to get in the hole. I have it working now, but it was tough to get back in and it doesnt fire consistently. I understand this is user error but any help is appreciated : /

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
cddz, im having a similar issue. Before I had taken the unit apart (I build computers not mechanical vaporizing devices ; ]) the switch assembly would take a lot of force to push down, which I figured couldnt be right. I watched your video, and after using some q-tips and rubbing alcohol, when I was "dropping" the contact switch.. is it called? When I was dropping it in I realized, it wasn't going in! Im not sure why, there are small ridges on it from the screws, but it wouldnt drop it. the rod itself is scuffed much like in the OP's pictures, but even now it requires force to get in the hole. I have it working now, but it was tough to get back in and it doesnt fire consistently. I understand this is user error but any help is appreciated : /
With the unit assembled, take the battery cup off. Squeez the switch closed and push the contact pin in with your thumb. It will move a little bit. What battery are you using? CR123 can move a bit off center, I had a choice, make it compatable with flat top batteries or have a chafer for the smaller batteries to sit in. I timed it so there would be less than .010in travel left when it contacts the battery. With the prototype is was more like .100in, but people who tried it felt they had to depress it all the way down. Thus, pushing against the battery spring as well. This would make it feel harder than it needed to to to activate. The OMEGA requires aprox. 1.8lb to activate.

F4u5t

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Oceanside ,CA
I am also having issues as well after taking my omega apart to clean ,i have read this entire thread multiple times and have watched the how to video before attempting

After reassembly it cannot get device to work ,i have tried several times to no avail ,It seems to not make contact with the top vaporizer pin .My collar and pin are not damaged and will slide in all the way in .I do notice that my pin does have a little friction is that normal .

I am kind of getting frustrated after spending over an hour on trying to get this to work

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
i guess 6th time is a charm i got it working again it seems like my guess at first was right it wouldnt contact the top caps vaporizers conection contact :)
There is one thing you missed in the video, I have said before I should have made it more obvious in the video. If you have an attie that does not fire after you switch, remove attie and battery cup. Squeeze the switch assembly together and push the contact with your thumb. You can do this adjustment without taking the OMEGA apart.:)

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
There is one thing you missed in the video, I have said before I should have made it more obvious in the video. If you have an attie that does not fire after you switch, remove attie and battery cup. Squeeze the switch assembly together and push the contact with your thumb. You can do this adjustment without taking the OMEGA apart.:)

Hahaha, that wasn't very obvious either... (we love you Chad) I saw that in the video and couldn't figure it out -- wasn't sure what was trying to be adjusted and how that would do it... I just now figured it out! (I think...)

It is the positive post/contact (the center post) on the connector that is not making contact with the center contact of the atomizer.

The idea is to push the center post up so it sticks out of the connector a bit more (raises it up just a bit). The way we're going to do that is to push the center post in the connector from behind. If you squeeze the top together and then push on the battery contact post from inside the top, then the battery contact post will push against the connector post and push it out a bit.

is that it?
clap.gif

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Hahaha, that wasn't very obvious either... (we love you Chad) I saw that in the video and couldn't figure it out -- wasn't sure what was trying to be adjusted and how that would do it... I just now figured it out! (I think...)

It is the positive post/contact (the center post) on the connector that is not making contact with the center contact of the atomizer.

The idea is to push the center post up so it sticks out of the connector a bit more (raises it up just a bit). The way we're going to do that is to push the center post in the connector from behind. If you squeeze the top together and then push on the battery contact post from inside the top, then the battery contact post will push against the connector post and push it out a bit.

is that it?
clap.gif
You are exactly correct Quick1. I made the center contact pin have some friction so it stays put while assembling. After using the prototype for 5 months with a pin that was very loose, I knew this would not fly for the masses, so I made it tighter. I think I will play with this a bit so battery pressure will move the center pin automatically when you press it down :) It can be tricky puting a device out there. What works for me may not be handy for others, but then again I gave birth to this Idea areound Christmas time 2009. I am very familiar with it, I know every little thing about it...... I try my best to step back and realize not all people that use this do not know it like I do. You will get to know it well after you clean it a few times, it really is simple, although a complex piece to machine. 12 different tools are used to turn out the center(slide) section alone. Well enough rambling:p

Yippykiyea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2010
Indianapolis
I was having problems putting it back together too and after about 20 times of trying I think I finally got it right. The actuator is still about 1/4" from the battery case when not depressed but it is not wobbling as much and it doesn't want to fall off. It will be a long time before I get the courage to clean it again!

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I was having problems putting it back together too and after about 20 times of trying I think I finally got it right. The actuator is still about 1/4" from the battery case when not depressed but it is not wobbling as much and it doesn't want to fall off. It will be a long time before I get the courage to clean it again!

Tip: A dime can be sandwiched between the actuator and slide section to set the gap when reasembling :)

marcalbar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Philippines
aha! i did it!! i did it!! :)

wanted to clean it a bit and check out the insides of my omega...

was panicking after several unsuccessful attempts (even while watching chad's video) and stilll couldn't put it back together..

i even popped the spring and lost it for a while..whew almost gave me heart attack,
my omega's just 2 weeks old...and im at the other side of the world to get another spring :(

but i found it and finally figured out that the collar should be seated all the way in
(thanks to this thread hehehe)

i the put it back together!! :)

woooohhoooo

now back to vaping :laugh:

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
Yeah, if that collar isn't seated and you don't tighten one of the screws down all the way before letting go, it turns out to be a bobble head. Lol

Oh and guys at lowes are dorks. Went again yesterday to find noalox and they had no clue. Couldn't wrap their head around it and what not. We ended up going to one of our auto stores and found some little packets of anti-seize lub. It makes a bit of a mess, but it works fine. :)

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
I noticed something really cool. :)
A couple of days ago I cleaned my Omega again. Of course fought with getting it back together because I'm just that talented. lol I noticed last night that it didn't take any effort to push it down to fire it. It really hits nice and easy now. Has anyone else noticed this little cool break in that has happened?

Just a really cool thing that I noticed and thought I would share. Again if one doesn't have an SB, or Omega you really should own one. ;)

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I noticed something really cool. :)
A couple of days ago I cleaned my Omega again. Of course fought with getting it back together because I'm just that talented. lol I noticed last night that it didn't take any effort to push it down to fire it. It really hits nice and easy now. Has anyone else noticed this little cool break in that has happened?

Just a really cool thing that I noticed and thought I would share. Again if one doesn't have an SB, or Omega you really should own one. ;)

Haha, there is a slight possibility of some burring/binding on the pin but mostly it's an assembly thing... I have one of the originals and I cranked down the set screws too tight (in the wrong spot) and they dug into the pin which caused it to bind. Little sand paper and reassembled correctly it was fine. Sort of recollect Chad changed to blunt set screws to keep users from screwing themselves up?

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
That is correct, I changed to an oval point set screw. This is because the point set screws could chew up the contact barrel(steel) and cause difficulty when putting the OMEGA back together. The reason people were hitting their pins was because I did not clearly show what to push on when inserting the contact. I annotated my video to explain it a bit better, I hope :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread