OMG!! I got the bestest 'you quit smoking' present EVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, you know, aside from my health and well being, and all that blah blah blah-

Last year my kids broke my laptop- I was gone for like 2 minutes- I went to pee. and then I come back and 'not me' had struck again.

it shattered the screen- I could see a little- but, eventually it got much worse-

SO< I hooked up a huge monitor to it- That worked but was a PITA.

I did occasionally take the kids computers, but they are a 10 inch screen and SUCK- LOL

Hubby has been after me to buy a new one forever- but honestly, it just would have been a budget buster- I just couldnt see doing it, even when there was extra money- and everytime I almost would, something would come around to take the extra money-

WELL, tonight hubby came home and said 'lets go out to eat" so we did- my favorite mexican food place- which is a HUGE treat- with 6 of us, we dont ever go out to eat. EVER- I mean even McDonalds is 40.00. LOL

SO- then we go to walmart- and the first place he goes is the computers and will NOT take no for an answer-

When I hugged and kissed him right there in walmart he said " you quit buying cigarettes didnt you?" I said "well yeah" he said "well I bet you are saving that much in the first month alone!"

Well, I still said thank you again, and smartass that he is, he said "you never said THANK YOU in the 20 years I bought your cigs. LOL

ANyway- I am now playing on my new computer- :) and I aint tellin him how much I spent on vaping stuff! LOL

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
Whoa! The "not me" of Virginia that we dragged down from Connecticut when we moved also has a twin in Texas? What a small world!! Not me and his friend, I-didn't-do-it are ever present around here!

Glad you got your laptop.. but even more glad you're being recognized for such an accomplishment :) Yay!!

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
Isn't it cool what happens when people know we are really serious about quitting and they really want to help, even if it's just "how about you buy some more of those things, you need for vaping" like mine did.
Very cool present for you hope you enjoy it............and you have a place to share that information also, right?

LOL!!

Its funny, he bought the computer- and blew it off when I said anything about it being nice of him- But was cranky today- and when I complained that I couldnt taste the cotton candy vape (seriously?? anyone ever gotten a vape and not be able to taste it at all?? cause I think they just ran by real fast with the flavor in this one...)

anyway- when I complained about the flavor not being there he started in on 'you smoked the SAME flavor for 20 years, and NOW you are griping because you cant taste something? just pick ONE and stick with it. uggggggg- and something about the 'satisfaction' being all in my head and blah blah blah..... something else about me just liking the novelty of the flavors, and .... heck I dont know- I couldnt hear him over my ego sizziling while I puffed....

I hate it when he is cranky... This is the same guy who enjoys different flavor soda's. AND who got me smoking vanilla cigars one time- AND had to have 7 or 8 of each flavor of fancy cigars when he smoked them (he never inhaled, he just wasted it... ) AND who is NEVER satisfied with the current equiptment he has on his tractor- its always 'newer and better'

matter of fact, I think he was cranky because he wanted a cutting torch and they didnt have the one he wanted. or maybe he wanted to fix the driveway but the new blade he got isnt good enough because it wont rain, OH wait- He was cranky because I forgot to buy him some socks at walmart-

OH or maybe because the icemaker on the fridge went out- and I dont want to buy a new one- I just want to spend 1.25 every few days to buy a bag of ice. or maybe its because I left him alone with 3 of the 4 kids for abotu 45 minutes this morning while I delivered a cake..... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread