The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

OMG!! I got the bestest 'you quit smoking' present EVER!!

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward - PIF' started by quittin4mykids, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. quittin4mykids

quittin4mykids Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Jasper Texas
    well, you know, aside from my health and well being, and all that blah blah blah-

Last year my kids broke my laptop- I was gone for like 2 minutes- I went to pee. and then I come back and 'not me' had struck again.

it shattered the screen- I could see a little- but, eventually it got much worse-

SO< I hooked up a huge monitor to it- That worked but was a PITA.

I did occasionally take the kids computers, but they are a 10 inch screen and SUCK- LOL

Hubby has been after me to buy a new one forever- but honestly, it just would have been a budget buster- I just couldnt see doing it, even when there was extra money- and everytime I almost would, something would come around to take the extra money-

WELL, tonight hubby came home and said 'lets go out to eat" so we did- my favorite mexican food place- which is a HUGE treat- with 6 of us, we dont ever go out to eat. EVER- I mean even McDonalds is 40.00. LOL

SO- then we go to walmart- and the first place he goes is the computers and will NOT take no for an answer-

When I hugged and kissed him right there in walmart he said " you quit buying cigarettes didnt you?" I said "well yeah" he said "well I bet you are saving that much in the first month alone!"

Well, I still said thank you again, and smartass that he is, he said "you never said THANK YOU in the 20 years I bought your cigs. LOL

ANyway- I am now playing on my new computer- :) and I aint tellin him how much I spent on vaping stuff! LOL

2. atsirk

atsirk Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    That's so sweet :)

3. LilOperaGirl

LilOperaGirl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2011
    Reno, NV
    That's so awesome. Hubby's like yours are the best. :)

4. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    Ssssshhhhhh,we wont tell either!!Im very happy for you!Give him a big smooochie!!

5. lynleestar

lynleestar Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2010
    NW Indiana
    awwww, that is awesome~!!!

6. leannebug

leannebug Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    Awr. What a sweetheart. :)

Sent from my pod

7. librarising

librarising Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2010
    New York
    That is just so sweet!!!

8. webbcm127

webbcm127 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2010
    wenatchee WA
    That's awesome, I specially like the last line haha

9. Sallana

Sallana Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2010
    the North Pole
    Sounds like hubby might be a keeper!! Congrats on your new digs. Ya bookmark us yet? :D

10. quittin4mykids

Mar 26, 2011
    Jasper Texas
    LOL

THank y'all :)

yep, book marked right after facebook! LOL

11. Babsb

Babsb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    That is awesome! Goes to show just how PROUD he is of you for quitting!:) How sweet, and, well yeah, to me its romantic too! :)

12. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Awww !! I just love it !

13. Lilacs212too

Lilacs212too Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    Williamsburg, VA
    Whoa! The "not me" of Virginia that we dragged down from Connecticut when we moved also has a twin in Texas? What a small world!! Not me and his friend, I-didn't-do-it are ever present around here!

Glad you got your laptop.. but even more glad you're being recognized for such an accomplishment :) Yay!!

14. quittin4mykids

Mar 26, 2011
    Jasper Texas
    OH yeah we have a 'not me' 'and 'he musta'

One day I will find them. ALONG with all the missing socks, and when I do, there will be HELL to pay... LOL

I thought it was kinda romantic too- :) and it did make me feel good-

15. CarrieM

CarrieM Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2010
    Rochester NY
    Very cool q4! and don't worry we never tell about $$ spent on vaping :)

16. Lorizgal

Lorizgal Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Isn't it cool what happens when people know we are really serious about quitting and they really want to help, even if it's just "how about you buy some more of those things, you need for vaping" like mine did.
    Very cool present for you hope you enjoy it............and you have a place to share that information also, right?

17. daisyd

daisyd Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Az
    Leprechauns and fairies abounded in my house growing up. Not-me lives here now. Such a lack of imagintion. :lol:

18. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Cool----wish someone would do that here!!!

But back on track. Everybody raise your right hand and repeat after me, "I solemnly swear to never tell."

19. quittin4mykids

Mar 26, 2011
    Jasper Texas
    LOL!!

Its funny, he bought the computer- and blew it off when I said anything about it being nice of him- But was cranky today- and when I complained that I couldnt taste the cotton candy vape (seriously?? anyone ever gotten a vape and not be able to taste it at all?? cause I think they just ran by real fast with the flavor in this one...)

anyway- when I complained about the flavor not being there he started in on 'you smoked the SAME flavor for 20 years, and NOW you are griping because you cant taste something? just pick ONE and stick with it. uggggggg- and something about the 'satisfaction' being all in my head and blah blah blah..... something else about me just liking the novelty of the flavors, and .... heck I dont know- I couldnt hear him over my ego sizziling while I puffed....

I hate it when he is cranky... This is the same guy who enjoys different flavor soda's. AND who got me smoking vanilla cigars one time- AND had to have 7 or 8 of each flavor of fancy cigars when he smoked them (he never inhaled, he just wasted it... ) AND who is NEVER satisfied with the current equiptment he has on his tractor- its always 'newer and better'

matter of fact, I think he was cranky because he wanted a cutting torch and they didnt have the one he wanted. or maybe he wanted to fix the driveway but the new blade he got isnt good enough because it wont rain, OH wait- He was cranky because I forgot to buy him some socks at walmart-

OH or maybe because the icemaker on the fridge went out- and I dont want to buy a new one- I just want to spend 1.25 every few days to buy a bag of ice. or maybe its because I left him alone with 3 of the 4 kids for abotu 45 minutes this morning while I delivered a cake..... LOL

20. leannebug

leannebug Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    lol. Thank you for reminding me why I DONT have one of those :laugh: I have enough crankiness for two!

On the ice: why don't you make it? It's free..

On flavors: we ALL go through that. Check the new member forum. I'm sure there's a zillion threads. May even be one here in pif.

Sent from my pod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.