OMG my lavatube is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikertrash

Oct 29, 2011
NC
Jerry B, I agree fully... NO ONE, NO MATTER HOW SMALL or LARGE a Mfg, Dealer, Build it in the Kitchen, or whatever should EVER put something 'out' and expect US to to just deal with it! YOUTUBE is NOT an instruction manual!!! so QUIT IT already...

And, if they 'really' wanna go down the 'save a tree route', It isn't that darn hard to simply write a PDF or TEXT file and tell us where to get it...

And, listening to 'EXPERT' & 'PRO' reviewers is NOT an instruction manual.. We're not what you'd call newbies anymore.... but, it would be nice to know about any 'easter eggs' with a product as well.. This ain't a video game...

Naw, the LT is not our last step into the 'wild' for sure but, I can certainly say, they weren't a waste of money either. Form and function is awesome for many of our juices. I haul 3 mods with me all day... I like different things and a LT has a place...

You interested in trading a crap load of the 'toilet' water we have for some of yours?

I would say, our biggest mistake was buying so damn many sample packs of garbage.. of the dozens of samples, we've only found 4 that were worth buying daily use qty's of... So, I bought a 250ml 100mg NIC 100% PG bottle of base from MyFreedomsmokes, a load of flavors and plan to figure this out for myself.. I'd rather toss my own junk down the drain. I can probably come up with just as many garbage runs as these kitchen table factories, and not have to wait anxiously at the mailbox for a week... AND pay a LOT less for it.... ha ha ha ha

BT

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
Hi MikenGA,

Just so you know, it's 75 minutes of YOUTUBES... sounds like marketing to me.. Sure, there'll be something in there I'm sure... but..........
Uhmmmmm...alrighty then. :)

Figures, eh?

Hey, bikertrash...do I know you from another website?? (screen name is familiar ;))

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Got my LT from a private seller here on the forum 9 days ago. It's from Canada so no Logo. The connection is straight so no problem there. The display is mounted a little high in the tube so I have to tilt the device a little. I thought the batteries were a little funky looking and understand why now after reading about it. So far I'm quite happy with the unit. Here's a chart from the Volanco website showing when the protection curcuit will kick in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1

121411_1216[00].jpg 121611_1337[00].jpg

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mine's expected to arrive to my front door on dec 27, the silver one.. Cant wait... Thinking about doing my first comparison review (which would be my first video review). I have to find new hobbies now that I'm a college graduate and have found myself in an occupation where people only work three days per week (I'm really not gonna know what to do with myself with all that free time).

Altered Image

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2011
Hawaiian Islands
:2cool::2cool:

Max, "Hawaii Time" is ..lets see.. leisurely, I guess is a good word. No one, or event is "on time" and no one really cares...lol

Kinda like the Hawaiian slang...Hang Loose Brudda !! = no rush my man....lol

Likes Hawaii and Hawaiians..:2cool:

bikertrash, i agree with you! Im actually glad it adjusts itself down in case i do something stupid, its always on alert!

Xhevias -- im so jealous!

Seattle40-- I lived there for about 4 years as a kid and my folks live there now for the past 15 or so years so i try to visit as much as i can. i love dat hawaii time, cuz!

Okay the true meaning of "Hawaiian Time" is no rush we going get there when we get there. Locals here are very easygoing so no one is really in a rush to get anywhere in a hurry...but on the other hand we do get stuff done on time.....I don't know how but we do...lol. Hang Loose only belongs on t-shirts, the real way we say it is "Eh bruddah take your time, no need fo rush cause we still make um"...haha

Anyways I am looking into getting me one of these LT's but it will be my first mod of anykind. We have a kiosk here at Pearlridge and I have walked past it a few times when we were shopping, but haven't taken the plunge because I wanted to see how others liked it before I did. From what I am reading it seems to be a solid mod, especially for the price. Seattle40 and Dotma you should see alot of locals that have transplanted to Seattle, my cousin who has actually done that says that she runs into alot of locals from Honolulu that have moved there. In fact we're all over the west coast. Enjoy your LT's and just in case you forgot we only speak pidgin ova hea....lol

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
Altered Image, ahhhhhh how your post makes me long for that beautiful island. Everything smells like flowers, the sun, the sand, the crashing waves.

I am not in Seattle, im in Spokane, on the other side of washington state. Sooo, i have no sand, no ocean, no sun, no Hawaiians and no Asians (okay that last part is a slight exaggeration but only slight).

I actually would not hesitate to buy a lavatube. This is my first mod too, and the variable voltage is da bomb. It works exactly as it should and i havent had any problems at all (even after i dropped it in the parking lot the other night oops).

Anyway, now i am daydreaming of hawaii -- sighhhh

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
Well I've had my Lavatube for about a week now (Santa came early!) and these are my first thoughts on it.

Since I've had it, it has rarely been far from my hand, so as you might guess I really like it and for the money I would say it is outstanding value. For most of my (fairly short!) vaping life I have been mainly using 2ohm cartomisers at 4 or 5 volts. With the Lavatube I have gone back to standard resistance (3 ohm) things. Now in theory this is significantly lower powered than I have got used to but I find it works very well for me. I still get a good throathit – perhaps just less “raw” and somehow this is compensated by more flavour. I spend most of the time at about the middle of the 4-5 volt range which of course you cannot do with most PV’s. It is also great being able to just dial it up or down a bit depending on how I feel. As a bonus I am also using less juice this way!

Not for you if you want to use low resistance atomisers or cartomisers at more than about 3.7 volts. Also, it won’t tell you when it auto adjusts the voltage down. However you can certainly get a fair amount of power out of it and I found there was a trade off between power and flavour with standard resistance things. It’s major feature is undoubtedly the ability to fine tune your vaping experience by varying the voltage in small steps. Perfect if like me you find your “sweet spot” changes over the day and according to mood and circumstances. I would strongly recommend this as a next step from a typical Ego/ Riva type starter kit or if you want the flexibility that the Lavatube give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread