Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
I received my Lavatube this morning from Volcano and it died after the first hour of use. I replaced the battery with a fresh AW IMR about four times and the LCD screen comes on and the voltage adjusts but it doesn't fire when the button is pressed. I have tried about a dozen different atty's and carto's and they all work on my Provari but not the Lavatube anymore. I used a volt meter on it and nothing, could the button have gone bad already?
I emailed Volcano about replacing it under warranty but of course it is the weekend so I probably won't hear back until monday.
Anybody else having issues with the Lavatube?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I received my Lavatube this morning from Volcano and it died after the first hour of use. I replaced the battery with a fresh AW IMR about four times and the LCD screen comes on and the voltage adjusts but it doesn't fire when the button is pressed. I have tried about a dozen different atty's and carto's and they all work on my Provari but not the Lavatube anymore. I used a volt meter on it and nothing, could the button have gone bad already?
I emailed Volcano about replacing it under warranty but of course it is the weekend so I probably won't hear back until monday.
Anybody else having issues with the Lavatube?

You might want to read this thread regarding your Lavatube batteries.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/mods-discussion/249432-lava-tube-battery-scam.html

conan

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
USA
This has nothing to do with the batteries as I am using the 18650's that I have had with my Provari. I ordered the LT device only and not the kit. My batts are good and the LT worked for about an hour then just quit. Like I said the LCD works but it just won't fire any more when I press the button.

I had thought that the LT used flat top batteries?

Today we were contacted by AW informing us that the batteries we had were not AW batteries. As they do not make a Flat Top IMR 18650 battery like this.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This has nothing to do with the batteries as I am using the 18650's that I have had with my Provari. I ordered the LT device only and not the kit. My batts are good and the LT worked for about an hour then just quit. Like I said the LCD works but it just won't fire any more when I press the button.

Sorry.

I guess I didn't notice in your OP that you said you were using some other batteries besides the ones that are being shipped in some Lavatubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread