Kicked Silver Bullet versus....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanthan

Aug 6, 2012
Florida
Looking for something more "interesting" than my ego twists. Right now I'm torn between a Silver Bullet with a kick, the Lavatube 2.0 (not released yet but FieldOfVapor says good things). Of course I could always blow my budget and just get a ProVari, but I'm not sure If I really want to do that.

• I like the idea of a kicked Silver Bullet. Just set it and forget it, none of this ohm's law bs.
  • FieldOfVapor says the Lavatube 2.0 is on par with any American made mod, I don't know if he is taking the ProVari into account or not. Plus its not out yet and I hate waiting for things.
  • I already know the ProVari is king, but if I get it, I would have to get black with blue led's so it costs considerably more that way.

Now I don't have the batteries or chargers for any of this yet, so that may also influence my decision. Thinking Xtar WP2 charger.

I'm sort of leaning towards the Silver Bullet at this point because they have everything (batteries, charger, kick, etc.) in stock right now, but any advice is appreciated.

(FieldOfVapor review I keep referencing here: Volcano LavaTube 2.0 Review - YouTube )

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
The Silver Bullet is an outstanding 3.7 volt unit and works well at 6 volts as well (don't bother kickin anything). for less $, the twists (joyetech) are great for any number of atties, cartos, and tanks of varying resistances. I don't have a Lava Tube clone which I believe is just a clone of my provari. Those devices will stay on the voltage you last set it to even after you change the battery; so it's kinda like "set and forget". I have a couple of GLV2's that are "set" at 5 volts and are steam wagons. You'll find a voltage (wattage) that you prefer but having variable voltage lets you explore most all of the atty/carto/tank options at different resistances. Sometimes all you want or need is reliable mod that is fiddle free. Hope that helps.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
i have the black satin blue led provari mini and love it. i also love the kick in my telescope as well.

id either go for the provari or kicked SB. but if u dont have a multimeter i would consider getting the provari. checking ur battery wen needed is very useful.

IMHO I would NOT get lavatube had one and just wasnt what i wanted. my buddys LT from volcanoe is all messed up somehow now and just isnt working like it should. spend the extra dollars and get a quality mod. it well worth it in the end

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I'm about to just say F my budget and get the ProVari, but I know right after I do they will blast out the V3 with variable wattage or something. Too many decisions.

when the V2 cam out, they offered an upgrade to people who own a v1. i think it's still running: something like $25 + shipping got you the v2 internals.

if they do come out with a v3, i'd expect them to do the same thing as long as it can fit in the same tube.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Just another suggestion: Puresmoker Legacy

Mechanical
Kick-able
lockable button
adjustable positive post
damn near bullet-proof
USA made

I have had a ton of success with that mod and it kicks :censored: :censored:!!

I also have a Provari and will say you won't be disappointed with it.

A buddy of mine got a Lavatube and he let me use it a lil bit. It seems to be a fine mod for a nice intro into VV but to me personally lacked a quality feel to it but it's definitely doing the job for him as he is running some high end atomizers on it and it's working great.

Hope this helps

GiMp LEg DoNKey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NC
I have a lavatube v1 and a silver bullet. The build quality of the silver bullet is far superb to that of the v1 lavatube. I don't even have a kick in my bullet yet but I still prefer it over the lavatube. Since I make my own coils I just keep them low resistance and the silver bullet is great.
V1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347919811.659838.jpg
Bullet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347919829.374054.jpg

Sent from Mars using Tapatalk damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread