Once you go VV do you ever go back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
My first mod was a VV from Foxy Box mods and I also got a 3.7 box at the same time as a backup. I found that I was using Dual Coil Cartos all the time at around 3.7 volts on the VV so I just started using the 3.7 box. It only takes one battery and does the same thing the VV did for me. I still have some higher volt atty's that I use for trying out flavors on the VV but for the most part its collecting dust now.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
I've got a lot of different devices; stick batteries, ego batteries regular and VV, 3.7 volt mods with 18650 batteries, box mods with both fixed and variable voltage. The one mod I use absolutely the most is a stupidly ugly box mod. It is 2 2AA battery boxes back to back like a puck. Uses 2 14500 batteries, variable voltage, and voltmeter display. I don't have to tailor anything to my device. I take one device, screw on any atomizer in my man purse, any cartomizer, any clearomizer, any tank, and by very quickly turning a little potentiometer I can get the best vape out of it. I don't have to plan anything. Clear juice, dark juice, low voltage juice, high voltage juice, or just flavorless at high voltage for a kick ..., lay you down feeling when I need it.

Variable voltage seems a lot like overkill if you stay with one thing all the time, but in the real world with different devices, tastes, different times of the day, etc., having just one device to cover all aspects of your vaping seems to me like simply the easiest.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
I vape at different voltages throughout the day. When I wake up it is at 4v so it isn't harsh and by the evening it is at 4.8-5.2v This is with a 2.2-2.5 ohm 510 atty. As my atty's age and the resistance goes up I can adjust the voltage to keep the same quality of vape. No way could I go back to a set voltage after having VV.

+1 on this! Plus if you need a little boost in the nic level; increasing voltage does this. So you can not only "dial into your sweet spot"; but also dial in to your sweet spots.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Where did you hear that? The resistance is due to the nichrome wire (heating element). I don't see how adding liquid content around the wire would change the electrical properties of the wire. There isn't some kind of gap that I've heard of.
Where did I hear it? My multimeter told me - If you look at the tear down pic, you'll notice the wick to the coil. Some people call it a diaper. It wraps around the coil. Anything touching the coil (the diaper or some juice delivered by it) changes the resistance.

A conducting fluid would lower the resistance. If the fluid is a non conductor electricity would still take the path of least resistance. That would be the coil and the resistance would remain the same. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Once I went VV, I was hooked. I diy my juice, and I freely admit I am a "flavor junkie". I use a tank with a 3,o Boge. Depending on the juice, I'll go from 4.4V to 6V. I like different flavors at different voltages, and my mood changes as well. Sometimes I want it to be more mellow, sometimes I'm really looking for that kick.

I sold all of my ego's in the Classies. I don't care if people see me with my mods. I have gotten very good feedback from folks when I explain what it is. I never was the type of person to "run with the pack". My mods and my flavors are as unique as I am, and I like it like that...:).

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I was using a ProVari. I sold it. I love my REO. Now if only funds are available when the VV Reos become available, I just may have to get one.

I traded my Provari for a REO grand months ago and it was a great decision! 3.7v @ 1.5-2.0ohm is great and now with the 5v batts even my reg resistance stuff is awesome too. To me a feeder > VV. Now when the VV REO comes out then it will be even better!

Green Mtn Vpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
VT
This thread just speaks of the greatest thing about vaping: vv, fixed in many different voltages, cig style, tubes, boxes, cartos and attys in all different resistances, and liquids of every flavor imaginable that can change with all of the above...there is something just right for everyone (ya just gotta find it!) And the community of it...it's pretty cool that so many different opinions can be discussed yet no slamming, arguing, etc.

As to whomever posted about the box in public and not caring: you are 100% right, and frankly, the less we appear to be 'smoking', ie my 808's, the better off we are. I was always a 'closet' smoker and tried to never be public about it, and tend to catch myself stealth vaping sometimes...but you are right, not only 'who cares' but awareness and understanding is actually a good thing and I too have had alot of inquiries and know for sure of 4 or 5 that took the plunge as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread