One more smoker down

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Keep up the good work! I was trying to persuade a good friend last night that she should break out the gear she has had but gave up on. I gave her some suggestions for throat irritation and the other issues she has had but this horse is stubborn............... :-x

Omaraziz if you could share any of the ways you go long time smokers to just quit so easily I personally would love to hear. :thumbs:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I notice most commerical e liquid has too much flavoring. It helped me to use unflavored DIY to cut it down. Even 25/75 worked well. The argument I make to smokers is don't worry about quitting or even cutting down. Just vape and keep vaping and don't stop vaping and you will cut down and eventually you will stop smoking.

Reactions: SteveS45

Omaraziz9298

Mar 23, 2016
Keep up the good work! I was trying to persuade a good friend last night that she should break out the gear she has had but gave up on. I gave her some suggestions for throat irritation and the other issues she has had but this horse is stubborn............... :-x

Omaraziz if you could share any of the ways you go long time smokers to just quit so easily I personally would love to hear. :thumbs:

Well, i shouldn't take all the credits. It's my friend (his daughter) who actually persuade him. I'm just there to give the fact, experience, and some suggestions

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I notice most commerical e liquid has too much flavoring. It helped me to use unflavored DIY to cut it down. Even 25/75 worked well. The argument I make to smokers is don't worry about quitting or even cutting down. Just vape and keep vaping and don't stop vaping and you will cut down and eventually you will stop smoking.

Smoking and using e-Cigs to try cutting down did not work for me. The only thing that worked in my case was going cold turkey and dealing with the withdrawals. Everyone is different and all I want to say is DO What Works for you! YMMV.........:thumbs:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Smoking and using e-Cigs to try cutting down did not work for me. The only thing that worked in my case was going cold turkey and dealing with the withdrawals. Everyone is different and all I want to say is DO What Works for you! YMMV.........:thumbs:
I've followed a few people switching from smoking to vaping. Vaping should cut daily cigs dramatically then getting rid of the last few daily cigs is much less difficult. Once you know you'll never stop vaping a relapse to a couple cigs a day is not such a disaster. I relapsed from my previous cold turkey quit after 10 YEARS. Today vaping is my firewall against relapse. I could smoke a cigarette any time with no relapse danger because cigs taste terrible, make me feel ill and are an inferior experience compared to vaping. Oh yea, and I'm saving $3,000 a year.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
What works for one does not always work for others. In my 35 plus years as a smoker I had many failed attempts at quitting. I also know others who stopped cold turkey and did not have vaping or patches at the time because they did not exist. As I said I tried cutting down as others I know and we all went back to smoking again.

It works if you work it, so do whatever works for you! :rickroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread