One of my batteries won't fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiseEnPlace

Aug 25, 2012
Sarasota, Fl
One of my 18650's won't fire on my reo after I charged it. I don't have a multimeter handy, but I charged it BEFORE the cut off (as soon as vapor production dropped off) and it shows a green light on my tr-001 charger. My other battery still works fine.

I've tried cleaning the positive battery terminal and the firing pin and light Emory board sanding then re noaloxed. Still doesn't fire. Whats wrong with this battery!

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
Take your battery to Walmart, tear open the plastic packaging of one of their multimeters in the electrical department on the pretext of confirming that the multimeter works prior to purchase.

After determining the true status of the batter turn the multimeter over in your hands several times, read the packaging and the enclosed instruction manual, (in all 37 languages), scratch your head and shrug your shoulders which will communicate a visual indication to the hidden security cameras that you are undecided as to the quality of the product and unable to ask questions due to the absence of any sales associates.

Place your battery with its now known status in your pocket, drop the opened multimeter back on the shelf and make your way out of the store. When you are illegally detained by the 92 year old receipt checker for shoplifting a battery that they don't even sell feign righteous indignation, cause a commotion by waiving your arms in an agitated manner and threaten to sue. Pull the store manager aside and agree to settle out of court for a multimeter... an unopened multimeter.

I'm rather surprised you didn't think of this simple solution all by yourself.

Jack

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
Take your battery to Walmart, tear open the plastic packaging of one of their multimeters in the electrical department on the pretext of confirming that the multimeter works prior to purchase.

After determining the true status of the batter turn the multimeter over in your hands several times, read the packaging and the enclosed instruction manual, (in all 37 languages), scratch your head and shrug your shoulders which will communicate a visual indication to the hidden security cameras that you are undecided as to the quality of the product and unable to ask questions due to the absence of any sales associates.

Place your battery with its now known status in your pocket, drop the opened multimeter back on the shelf and make your way out of the store. When you are illegally detained by the 92 year old receipt checker for shoplifting a battery that they don't even sell feign righteous indignation, cause a commotion by waiving your arms in an agitated manner and threaten to sue. Pull the store manager aside and agree to settle out of court for a multimeter... an unopened multimeter.

Jack

Jack your a riot
JC-LOL.gif

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany

Jack

Ah, this man thinks just like me. The proposed way is much better than the simple "Could you please meter this" question at the next car repair workshop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread