One way valve idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
so, I was brainstorming today, about how to get more juice out of small carts, or any cart for that matter.

I know the filler takes up a lot of space.

It came across my brain whether it would be possible to modify a cartridge to have like a one way valve....or something like a seal.

That you put only liquid in it, no filler, and when you install the cart, it like seals around the atty?

...to imagine what I am talking about, imagine a thin piece of balloon stretched across the top of the cart, with a small slit. Once the atty penetrates through the slit, it kinda seals it off.

Again, it's just me randomly trying to brainstorm something off the wall.

I'm always "thinking" throughout the day.

Any thoughts if it is a possibility?

I suppose flooding is a concern, but it's almost like a continual drop/drip kinda thing.

Aeni

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
I've been kicking around an idea like that since I started learning more, was waiting for 15 posts so I could start a new thread though.

I really don't understand why e-cigs are designed like they are. Why wick? Seems like a much better design would be to have a container of fluid behind the atomizer, make the atomizer a heating tube, and have you suck the fluid through the tube, where it'll be vaporized. Add in a valve that's opened when you press the battery button to keep fluid from leaking out, and you've got a pretty solid solution. Oh, and keep the battery on just a half second after you let go of the button, to make sure all the fluid that's already been pulled through gets vaporized. No problems with fluid delivery, able to hold a lot more, plus a sealed atomizer that can't be flooded. Why hasn't this been done already?

you could have problems with people pulling in liquid because they're inhaling too hard, so there's two solutions to that:
1: Make the heating tube a spiral, so that the fluid has to contact at least some of the walls.
2: Put some filler in the mouthpiece to catch any fluid that comes through.

I really don't get why we mess with wicks and filler and all that when this seems like such a simple solution. I'd try making one if I had any of the skills needed for it. Guess I could get a metal straw, dip one end in some fluid, and hold a soldering iron to the metal, then inhale...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread