Online E-Liquid Purchasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Information Station

Jul 11, 2020
So I've always just supported my local shops and bought from them, but I'm moving and it's going to be hassle to continue doing so. I'm looking into going into to the online route, but have a few questions. I've always used pods, but recently just bought a mod. I haven't used it yet, new girl at store told me I didn't need batteries (just USB). Bought some online, but was the wrong type (right type, not flattops) -- sent back and now the right order has been on back-order for over a month. Before I could order w/e, but now using a sub-ohm and I hear it's different.

[My device: GeekVape Aegis X Zeus Sub-Ohm]
1) Any specific sites that stand out from the rest? My favorite flavor is menthol/mint. I've never really found a flavor that has a strong enough mint/menthol flavor for me. I've always been a bit disappointed.
2) I only have my passport, haven't renewed my license since I moved back to the States. Is that enough for ordering?
3) So basically stay away from salt-nic completely? I don't really care either way, but sometimes the flavor I want seems to only be available in salt-nic.
4)

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    What strength are you vaping? Generally, sub ohm vaping uses lower strengths of nicotine, but that is not written in stone. Lower strengths do not require nic salts as they do not have as harsh a throat hit. As a rule of thumb, I'd say if you are vaping 18mg or higher, go for the salts, otherwise stay with the base. Ultimately, it ends up, though being a matter of personal preference.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    So I've always just supported my local shops and bought from them, but I'm moving and it's going to be hassle to continue doing so. I'm looking into going into to the online route, but have a few questions. I've always used pods, but recently just bought a mod. I haven't used it yet, new girl at store told me I didn't need batteries (just USB). Bought some online, but was the wrong type (right type, not flattops) -- sent back and now the right order has been on back-order for over a month. Before I could order w/e, but now using a sub-ohm and I hear it's different.

1) Any specific sites that stand out from the rest? My favorite flavor is menthol/mint. I've never really found a flavor that has a strong enough mint/menthol flavor for me. I've always been a bit disappointed.
    2) I only have my passport, haven't renewed my license since I moved back to the States. Is that enough for ordering?
    3) So basically stay away from salt-nic completely? I don't really care either way, but sometimes the flavor I want seems to only be available in salt-nic.
    4)

My husband's favorite menthol is Halo SubZero (awesome for menthol lovers) plus they have applied their PMTA on that product so it is going through the FDA approval process atm, should be available for a long time to come.

Ive purchased from them many times online, and never had any problems...

Nic Salt Menthol Vape Juice | Premium Nicotine Salt Vape| SubZero

^^ link to the Subzero Salts for pod use, just choose bottle size and nicotine strength...

SubZero Menthol Vape Juice | Concentrated Menthol E-Juice | Halo

^^^ link to regular Subzero, for subohm you don't want to vape more than 6mg. As a general rule... (more power = high consumption = more nicotine intake, so always use low nic for subohm..)

You need an external charger for your Aegis... never charge your batteries in the mod except for a rare emergency...

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Welcome to the ECF.

Where are you located?
    As long as the strength of the liquid is appropriate, salt or freebase can be used in ANY device.

Have you tried Halo "Kringles Curse" liquid?

Cheers
    I
    Kringles curse is just all around minty and nice. Like a peppermint candy cane nice.

Information Station

Jul 11, 2020
    Thanks for all the replies, sorry I wasn't on. I just moved and the internet was a hassle. Got it up and running, but now it cuts out sporadically. Another multi-hour call to the internet company this weekend it seems.

Welcome to the ECF.

Where are you located?
    As long as the strength of the liquid is appropriate, salt or freebase can be used in ANY device.

Have you tried Halo "Kringles Curse" liquid?

Cheers
    I

I'm in North Carolina currently. I haven't tried that one yet. Newest one I tried was called Hard Menthol. I bought a 12mg and 18mg, only tried the 12mg -- it's not bad but just doesn't have enough mint kick.

My husband's favorite menthol is Halo SubZero (awesome for menthol lovers) plus they have applied their PMTA on that product so it is going through the FDA approval process atm, should be available for a long time to come.

Ive purchased from them many times online, and never had any problems...

Nic Salt Menthol Vape Juice | Premium Nicotine Salt Vape| SubZero

^^ link to the Subzero Salts for pod use, just choose bottle size and nicotine strength...

SubZero Menthol Vape Juice | Concentrated Menthol E-Juice | Halo

^^^ link to regular Subzero, for subohm you don't want to vape more than 6mg. As a general rule... (more power = high consumption = more nicotine intake, so always use low nic for subohm..)

You need an external charger for your Aegis... never charge your batteries in the mod except for a rare emergency...

I didn't realize I'd need to use a lower MG. Normally 6mg is just a bit too low for me, but I was using a pod. Just bought a 12mg and 18mg, I'll have to see how rough they are when I get my batteries. I'll then figure out what works for me comparing different mg.

I bought a charger for the flattops too, that's why it's taking so long to get. The charger was on back order so it's been like 2 months without batteries.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I'm in North Carolina currently.

The Kringles has a nice minty-coolness to it. IMO, it works great added to generally flat "menthol" liquids.

ECF, the members and our resident battery/charger expert (Mr.Mooch) suggest purchasing from reputable distributors. (see below)
    Capture.JPG
    Mr. Mooch has a chart of suggested batteries here: Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

Please add your location to your profile.

Cheers
    I

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Thanks for all the replies, sorry I wasn't on. I just moved and the internet was a hassle. Got it up and running, but now it cuts out sporadically. Another multi-hour call to the internet company this weekend it seems.

I'm in North Carolina currently. I haven't tried that one yet. Newest one I tried was called Hard Menthol. I bought a 12mg and 18mg, only tried the 12mg -- it's not bad but just doesn't have enough mint kick.

I didn't realize I'd need to use a lower MG. Normally 6mg is just a bit too low for me, but I was using a pod. Just bought a 12mg and 18mg, I'll have to see how rough they are when I get my batteries. I'll then figure out what works for me comparing different mg.

I bought a charger for the flattops too, that's why it's taking so long to get. The charger was on back order so it's been like 2 months without batteries.

Learn the signs of nicotine sickness so you can recognize them and stop vaping if you plan on trying the 12 or 18 in a subohm tank...

Sweating, mild nausea, fatigue are sure signs you need to stop vaping for a couple hours... you'll start feeling a bit off, a little sick to your stomach when you first start getting nic sick...

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Have you considered doing DIY? Menthol (and other mint/cool) flavors are easy to make yourself (and very inexpensive once you get setup) Basically, there is mint, menthol and "cooling" flavors that you can combine and also adjust how strong you like it (and how much nicotine strength)
    Personally, I like a mild one called Butter Mint (like the after dinner mints)

• Agree
    Reactions: Mordacai

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

4)

I can't recommend any designer juices but as far as ordering without a driver's license, vaporider does not seem to have an age verification system in place. I've ordered from them several times recently and never went through an age verification process.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread