Only half of the coil burns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKrazYx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2009
I have BE112 atomizers, and I really like them, but I realized that after a little bit of use (1 day) only half of the coil still burns. At the beginning, when I do a dry burn, the whole thing glows red, but after I vape for a day and I clean it, only about half of it does, the middle half. These are de-bridged btw, and use BWB juice.

It kinda looks like this:

0 - not burning
x - burning

Brand new

xxxxxxxx

1 day old

000xxx000

Does this happen to anyone else, and is there any way to fix it?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'm not familiar with that atty but that sounds normal to me. The coil tends to caramelize some of the ingredients in the juice which forms a coating on the coil. It stays burned off in the center because that's the hottest part of the coil. This lowers performance a little but really not that bad in my opinion. Some folks insist on burning it off every once in a while but that shortens the life of your coil. Lots of us just ignore it as vapor production and taste are not that far off unless you have a low powered unit that's barely making vapor to start with. If you really can't live with it, higher voltage or lower ohms or both are the answer.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
It's residue left from the juice that doesn't get vaporized. It builds up over time. If you do a dry burn and don't over do it, it will greatly extend the useful life of the atty. I do it with all my attys and CE2s after soaking them and they are like new again.

CE2s are more forgiving as the coil is more robust, you have to be a little more gentle with attys when doing it. I haven't popped an atty yet doing it and I've got some 10 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread