Not open for further replies.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Dear j0ker,

In your posts you’ve said that you don’t want a lot of PMs from people regarding the contest issue. I’m attempting to respect that request by posting this in the subforum rather than by PM. I honestly don’t know whether it’s ok to do it this way, but I really feel like I haven’t had the opportunity to communicate directly to you. If it’s out of line you can remove the thread.

I know that you’re busy with many areas of the forum, and you also have a busy life in the RW. But I feel like I have to give this a shot. My hope was that you would somehow find the time to read the threads and the ongoing discussion and see that under the frustration (and granted the frustration is way more obvious) was that we spent a lot of time and made a good faith effort to open and simplify the contest, just as you’ve put in an enormous amount of work gathering sponsors and setting up the contest. Since there may have just been too many posts and too much emotion, I just wanted to give you my perspective and make a request.

I actually thought that we had a solution. I don’t know how much you’ve had time to read, or how you may have interpreted what you did have time to read.

Please understand that on all sides it comes from caring about PVT and caring about how PVT and the contest tie together.

We all get how enormous it is to have made it for a year or more on ECF, because it’s a symbol of the fact that vaping may save our lives. That may be the only thing that we all agree on. But it is the most important thing. We care about PVT, and I know that I – and maybe everyone- wants this to be as open and simple as possible. Obviously we haven’t made that work.

My request, and I speak only for myself here, is that since it doesn’t appear to be possible resolve this by committee, that ultimately you chose to have the broadest possible eligibility for the contest.

Thank you

Chris
Tib
...... :thumbs: ....... TomCatt
Whiskey:)

Katya

Morri

FranC

:blink: Meggers

Last edited by a moderator:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I would like to add my name as a signatory to this letter.

Dear J0ker, CES is correct; we do have a simple solution that we all agree on. We worked hard and followed your advice and recommendations. The changes are easy to implement and easy to understand; the rules have been simplified and made more inclusive.

We all want the PVT and the contest to not only survive but to thrive, and for that need your blessing.

Thank you,

Katya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread