ORCHID TANK - and water in ejuice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
anyone who owns and uses an orchid - do any of your ejuices have water? and for those who have water in your ejuice, do you have any staining or rusting occuring?

planning on getting an orchid v2 to replace this rusting erl nano...
was told its also going to rust because of my juice has water.

really want to clear things up before im forced to vape this entire 600ml stash in only evods(since they apparently dont rust)

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
sometimes distilled water is used in e-liquids. kinda common, actually, with max vg or 100% vg mixes where a thinner is needed.

but the real issue is at hand is low-grade steel being sold as high-grade steel. honestly, just get a better atomizer from non-shady sources. If your atomizer is truly 304 or 316, rust will not be a problem.

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
anyone who owns and uses an orchid - do any of your ejuices have water? and for those who have water in your ejuice, do you have any staining or rusting occuring?

planning on getting an orchid v2 to replace this rusting erl nano...
was told its also going to rust because of my juice has water.

really want to clear things up before im forced to vape this entire 600ml stash in only evods(since they apparently dont rust)

I have 5 Orchid's, the V1 I never use any more it is a PITA to fill and it floods like crazy unless you are very careful.

The V2 I do use on occaision, but the capacity kills it for me.

I have three of the V4's that I use daily, they have their issues, but once you get the builds right and the kinks of filling them down, they vape great.

I use 50/50 juice in mine though, so the rust issue is not present in mine. I have tried thicker juices and anything over 60% VG will give you a lot of dry hits.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Kanthal contains iron and will rust if left to sit with water on it. On all the cheap atties I have (all of them) it is either the screws or the Kanthal that rusts.

my juice has water.... so saying that, im always vaping rust because kanthal is rusting.

my erl rusted, but it wasnt the screws or the kanthal. it was the positive pin .

May I suggest trying the LEMO

i would if i had the extra cash. also trying to keep the overhang on this istick to a minimum.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
my juice has water.... so saying that, im always vaping rust because kanthal is rusting.

my erl rusted, but it wasnt the screws or the kanthal. it was the positive pin .

i would if i had the extra cash. also trying to keep the overhang on this istick to a minimum.

Skeets...try soaking that used erl mini coil, like the one in the picture in a very small amount of water overnight.
IE: a half mil water in an empty glass wizard labs flavorings vial. Just for the hell of it to see what happens to it.
Do the same with an used but clean and dry fired kanthal coil soaking it in water. Also you might run a test vial on one thats been cleaned with clr and then dry burned. Just curious about that, and it may be an eye opener for you too.

Oh and if you're using sterile saline in your DW you're thinning your VG with, like some diy juice enthusiasts...go ahead and run the same test with that water and you'll see a marked difference between it and the plain water tests.

Kanthal a1 is roughly 72.2% iron...alloyed with @22% chromium and 5.8% aluminum. Being such an alloy it is "resistant" to corrosion.
However, it does corrode, and some of the "crud" thats on a caked up coil is just that...rust ! No we are NOT vaping rust so there is no need to freak out about it. But hey... like they say...shiz happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread