Orchid V2 leaks or can't keep up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Seriously... this thing leaks like crazy. No matter how I build or wick it, it will either leak a ....-ton or the wicking can't keep up. I strayed away from the kayfun style RTAs for a while and have been strictly using RDAs like my Magma with no problems. Then I read about the orchid and how much people liked it. When I got it, it seemed familiar since it's very much like a fogger. So I put a small amount of wicking into the vertical channels but then after vaping for a few hours it just starts spewing juice all over my mod. Then I re-wick it and put slightly more wick in the channels and after a few vapes it starts to get dry and awful. How are these things so finicky? I guess I'll just go back to my magma unless someone has some tips maybe? :p

Garym93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
New Jersey
Idk. Honestly every way I have wicked the orchid has worked. Even the sloppy jobs. I have done all the way down the channels, halfway up, and none at all in the channels. How high are your coils from the air holes? You could be getting extra liquid from the wicks dripping into that hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
What version are you using? Some have wider channels than others. I have the Tobeco v2 (larger channels). I just cut my wicks flush with the build deck and mush them on top the the channels a little bit. No wick actually in the channels. Works fine at .5ohms.

No issues here either with the v2

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
Woops I forgot I even made this topic xD I have the V2, so what I did is take the wick ends and just put them on the deck in front of the channels. No leaks and works like a dream now. @_@
e7y7ahan.jpg

Crappy picture. But mine leaking like crazy no matter what I try. Can u snap a pic of what u mean by in front of channels?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

When I mount the coils, I put the legs in the opposite holes on the positive post so that I can position the coils directly over the air holes and then I make sure the coils are sitting as low as possible over the holes without actually touching the deck. This way the juice has the shortest distance possible to flow from the channel to the coil and the wicks can easily keep the coils supplied with juice. I'll post pics the next time I rebuild it.

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
When I mount the coils, I put the legs in the opposite holes on the positive post so that I can position the coils directly over the air holes and then I make sure the coils are sitting as low as possible over the holes without actually touching the deck. This way the juice has the shortest distance possible to flow from the channel to the coil and the wicks can easily keep the coils supplied with juice. I'll post pics the next time I rebuild it.
Please do picture when u can..much appreciated. .I think I might be using the wrong posts. From what you are saying im not sure I understand. But im thinking if I used the wrong posts it wouldn't fire would it? .....hmmm idk frustrated I though my Nautilus n mini for the day. Those bvc's are throwing better flavor and clouds compared to the Orchid. Which doesn't seem right.
I think the last build I did last night I tried a 2.4 mm and 7/8 wraps got a.8 ....that was really the best I got and it still was leaking and kinda felt like I had juice on my lips n mouth after using it. Idk ill try back later hopefully get it working. As Much as I dig the bvc's there freaking expensive! So ......
Thanks guys .
Saw another thread to with some photo s . Really seems alot of people having trouble.
On a side note , I was thinking I have the v3 and was filling from the top....how you mentioned about the pressure. Coild that be it?
So many variables . Damn Kayfun seemed easier , this is supposed to be the kayfun killer lol where's mine!?☺

Have a look at this post below. It'll show you how to mount the coils so they're more centered on the deck:

Quick build on the @aethertech Orchid. Nothing crazy at all. Simplicity on these tanks are best. Yes you are looking at a low .3ohm build on this badboy. I bored out the stock outer holes to a 7/64 and the two inner holes to 3/32 (I can go one more bigger on both). The channels on these keep up using an iTEO wick. This is def the kayfun/fogger V4 killer I have been waiting for. You chasers out there this is probably what you are searching for. No need to drip cause this thing blows clouds! Dual 24g 7/64 I.D 7wrap

10549790_291651791016879_1414527382_n.jpg

More pics of the Orchid:

10514139_742703905782394_1720827383_n.jpg

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
yzuvydyz.jpg
nezudu8y.jpg
yparupah.jpg

Came out to .6 using 28g 7/8 wraps 2.4mm screwdriver .
Thought I was good......while test firing one coil stopped working. So I went with my lil tweezer tool to inspect and one coil disconnected.
Back to the drawing board . Really disliking this thing. ...... I cant get it working correctly .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread