order delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Harvard, IL
I haven't seen anything posted on the website, so thought I would ask here.
Besides the 1-3 day delay because I picked a color, is there anything else delaying orders?
Tomorrow (Tuesday will be one week since I ordered and I have heard nothing. Sent a inquiry off of the website a few days ago and heard nothing off of that. Do I need to be worried about my order? Would like to get this asap?

Rob

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi Rob, sorry... yeas we have been a little stretched. As with everyone at this time I am sure there is a lot of life getting involved in business. Most orders are going out on a timely basis. Custom cut glass has been the worst for us right now then painted tubes running second.

If you will give me your order number I will let you know where it is. We have always had the 1 to 3 day delay on colored tubes but I have been tempted to change that to 3 to 5 more to lower expectations than to reflect what we actually ship. Generally the girls have that stuff out post haste but then you toss in canning cranberry sauce, and Thanksgiving dinner shopping and things go to pot.

The best I can say to folks is that on custom stuff please dont order right up to some deadline like leaving for a trip, we see a lot of this and we really do all we can but at the end of the day we have to say it is what it is and we pick it up again tomorrow.

This isnt to say that something could not have gotten shuffled to the side and we always want to know when a customer has not received something they should have. We have a pretty good track record of making sure that never happens, in fact I would say we go beyond most folks expectations on that end.

robo74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Harvard, IL
OCD,
While I do understand busy and such, its all about the customer perception. This is my first order with ibtanked, and when I order on Tuesday, and I see 1 to 3 delay from my black painted glass, then I would expect to see some sort of tracking on Friday. However, if your that busy and have limitations on work schedules, then I think you need to bump that expectation out a little. If I would have read 3 to 5 days, I would have had different expectations or made different arrangements.

Your tanks and business come highly recommended, but from someone who has never seen/held/used one in person before and just spending $36 on glass and metal pieces, I get a little edgy when I dont get any sort of communication. :toast:

I am by no means making this a bashing situation, just trying to let you know where I am coming from.

My order I placed a week ago is 26a506983

Thanks
Rob

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi Rob, your order was shipped yesterday and should have the tracking updated to the site soon. I wanted to say I completely understand your situation and how it can be frustrating when you expect something that doesnt happen.

Litcube, I would be happy to look yours up if you would post the order number. I apologize for the communication issue through the site. I have been seeing a few of these recently and it bothers me to see even one.

As you might notice I am always prompt to answer any issues through this forum or for those who send me a PM here. Sadly the customer should not have to post here to get the attention they deserve. I dont personally handle the support email other than those directed to me because of the topic but I do have the ability to crack the whip and rest assured I will be on that.

robo74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Harvard, IL
Hi Rob, your order was shipped yesterday and should have the tracking updated to the site soon. I wanted to say I completely understand your situation and how it can be frustrating when you expect something that doesnt happen.

Litcube, I would be happy to look yours up if you would post the order number. I apologize for the communication issue through the site. I have been seeing a few of these recently and it bothers me to see even one.

As you might notice I am always prompt to answer any issues through this forum or for those who send me a PM here. Sadly the customer should not have to post here to get the attention they deserve. I dont personally handle the support email other than those directed to me because of the topic but I do have the ability to crack the whip and rest assured I will be on that.

Thanks OCD, I just want to set us up for a good relationship.
Here is how I see it playing out....

I get it, I love it. I dont use just one tank, so then I want more... then I end up ordering more.
My future orders, I wont be disappointed as I know now how things can get when its busy :)

Rob

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi RuDawg, yours was shipped yesterday. I will have Vikki update the tracking to the site and you will get a tracking number shortly through email. Some of these updates have been missed the last few days because of a hiccup on our end. Orders are still going out but some have missed getting updated on the site.

Litcube, we do try and work with customers on change orders. This is something that many companies simply wont do because it can be a PITA but if we can catch things we are happy to help folks out. Our support email is usually fine but at times Vikki gets overwhelmed on it so there is no guarantee of it being addressed quickly. I would suggest that if you or anyone needs to make a change to an order calling would be the most reliable route of catching an order before it is shipped.

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
OCD,

Was just getting ready to ask about my order from the 22nd... number 1f5507067 , but I see now that the status is shipped, though I haven't received any confirmation of that. In any case, looks like movement is happening. :) Expect you'll get in some well deserved time off with the Holiday.

Hope You and your Family have a good Thanksgiving and Thank You so much for the great products!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Well that really Bites Rob, sometimes the USPS tracking just doesnt update even though something is moving. Be sure to bump this on Monday if nothing has changed and we dont see it moving I will have the girls reship it. Most likely though I am thinking it got out of Santa Clarita without a scan is is waiting to be scanned in on the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread