Ordered a Vamo But Don't Know Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
United States
Exhalevapors in Texas has them even cheaper. Use "April10" for 10% off brings the chrome one down to $35.98!!! Of course SS and the like are more but hey, I think that's the cheapest VAMO V2 you can find stateside anyway.

Just ordered mine from them yesterday, finally took the plunge into getting a real mod. Still plan on using my Egos for work, but I want to get into tanks and rebuildables for home use, and couldn't imagine putting an AGT or Genesis onto a Ego 650

With Vamo, batteries and a charger I made it out the door for under 70 bucks (used the April10 coupon), could have saved a few bucks buying the charger from amazon or something, but it was worth it to me to just get everything at once.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Ohms only show when you press and hold the up button for about 5 seconds
Volts same with the down button.
Only eVic shows this info on screen constantly.

Dual coil argument - that is the one drawback and is no different with VV mods. You still have to compensate.
VV or VW is also strictly a matter of preference if you mostly use one specific ohm load.

However, VW allows much tighter adjustment than VV. eVic adjust at .03v in VW mode. Vamo .13v in VW mode.

indianajames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Mission, KS
it's a nice unit. you'll like the diversity it gives.

That's what she said.

321_1_full.jpg

(I couldn't pass that up. :oops: )

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks! I should have elaborated on the dual coil + VW maybe but I'm not really qualified to supply a technically accurate answer. Someone else in one of the advanced forums was basically making the point that the VW circuitry detects one resistance for the combined two coils which because each coil is actually (?) twice the resistance of the pair combined they share the amperage which, at least in theory means you have two coils each getting half as much amperage as a single coil of the same resistance of the pair combined. It sounded like that meant a cooler vape, which of course is easily remedied by turning up the power but it sort of makes the "set it and forget it" nature of VW a moot point. If someone has a better understanding of electronics I'd sure like to hear some verification of this myself.

And I forgot about the 5 amp switch! That's twice what the eVic has and 1.5 amps higher than even that prothingy is apparently rated for. +1 to you, good sir.

With a dual coil on any PV it will read that way. So if I was vaping a 2.8 - 3.0 ohm single coil on the Vamo I would set the watts between 8 - 8.5. With a 1.5 ohm dual coil I set it between 11.5 - 12.0 watts. They are both in the 4.2 - 4.6 volt range. The key with the Vamo handling dual coils so well in the VW setting is the 5 amp switch.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I live in Washington and the guys at Exhalevapors had my package packed the same afternoon I ordered and shipped by the next morning. Had the package two days later. No delays on their end.|

As for the batteries they have the last time I checked they had joytech 18650's listed but were out of stock. They hooked me up with unlabeled blue 18650's for the same price. The rep said they were "Smok" brand (Smoktech?) but they don't say much besides that they are 18650 and 2800 mah. I was skeptical but REALLY wanted batteries! I can safely say they ARE 2800 mah and they work extremely well. I just "upgraded" to 2250mah Pannies, which are apparently desirable, but they don't last me a full day of chain vaping like the unlabeled blue 2800's that I got from Exhalevapors! Anyone planning an order there might want to inquire about these...

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
D was my deal breaker. I'd scratch the cr@p out if it in 10 minutes.

Not really. I wanted the black chrome but couldn't find one at the price I wanted so got the stainless steel. Just bought a J-Wrap and don't have to worry about scratches!

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I live in Washington and the guys at Exhalevapors had my package packed the same afternoon I ordered and shipped by the next morning. Had the package two days later. No delays on their end.|

As for the batteries they have the last time I checked they had joytech 18650's listed but were out of stock. They hooked me up with unlabeled blue 18650's for the same price. The rep said they were "Smok" brand (Smoktech?) but they don't say much besides that they are 18650 and 2800 mah. I was skeptical but REALLY wanted batteries! I can safely say they ARE 2800 mah and they work extremely well. I just "upgraded" to 2250mah Pannies, which are apparently desirable, but they don't last me a full day of chain vaping like the unlabeled blue 2800's that I got from Exhalevapors! Anyone planning an order there might want to inquire about these...
I have to pass on the goodness.
vap hooked this one up...
fasttech.com
Ridiculous prices... on batteries...

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
My device progression went like this

Blu => eGo twist => Lavatube => Vamo => eVic

Sounds like you are headed that way, too, if you like the VW. My Vamo is 5 months old and between me and my GF is constantly vaped. It has been dropped and abused, but has kept on getting on. One of the best 50 dollar investments I ever made.

Tim In Az

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Mesa AZ
My good friend in Kentucky swears by
this PV....I know it has a mode for guys like you and me..:D Did you order the wheel kit with it? That way you can push it around like a dolly. :facepalm::ohmy:

Lol- I'm thinking it's the size of my Lavatube which I'm use to now. My ego twist feels really small now and it seemed so big in the beginning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread