Ordered a Vamo But Don't Know Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim In Az

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Mesa AZ
I've been rockin a Lavatube for about a week and love it.
Liked it so much that I wanted a backup and almost bought another one.

Been reading a lot of threads about folks ordering Vamo's so figured what the heck I might as well have a variety.

I've been hands on all of my life and can build a house from ground up but when it comes to electronics I'm just clueless and everything just goes over my head.

I've been trying to educate myself on the difference and benefits of vw/vv.

Could some one please tell me why I bought a Vamo -- lol

Is there a book Vamo for Dummies?

Anyway should be here early next week.

Last edited:

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Any VV device will let you adjust the power to the coil which will let you customize your puff to suit your liking. VW works the same way but if you flip between different attachments with different resistance it maintains the same power to the coil regardless of what attachment you are using. The only exception is dual coil setups where VV may be the better choice. That it has a digital readout for battery voltage and attachment resistance is a value added bonus, IMHO. Last but not least it has built in protection (use unprotected IMR batteries in it for the best vape) so shorts, over charged batteries, and under charged batteries are a thing of the past. :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Because:
A) it's cheap
B) it runs VV or VW
C) it's pretty durable
D) it's Shiney
E) It's CHEAP - oh covered that.

VV a way to increase/Decrease Voltage to suite Atomizer Ohms for best performance
VW - Does above for you by putting you Close with any Atomizer change. Tweak to taste

VV - 3.7v >good for 1.8-2.0ohm device >Bad for 3.0ohm >must figure out how many Volts it needs
VW - 7watts >good for any Ohms as a starting point

Last edited:

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
Hey Tim, There are a couple "how to use" Vamo threads. The menu system is very simple. It is convenient for checking resistances on delivery devices. I ordered a second one for " I know not why". For the money, there is not a reason to not have at least one. By the time it breaks or I get tired of it, there will be enough savings to justify something really high-end.

jeffd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
ontario
your vamo will let you do as much or little that you will want now or into your future of vaping. Owning it gives you options and the ability to customize your vaping to what suits you!

one thing..when outside be careful not to leave your vamo unattended as seagulls and crows like shiny things :)
(but if a bird can grab it and fly with it you best get inside)

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
this is a good link to save if you dont already have it
vaping wattage/resistance chart so you can see what levels to use for whatever ohms your delivery device is

helped me alot when i wasnt sure what to set my vv/vw device at

http://www.statewidelegal.com/VapingPowerChart.png

(if your using wattage.. just check your ohms on the left and go by the numbers in the middle of chart to see what is a good setting)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Any VV device will let you adjust the power to the coil which will let you customize your puff to suit your liking. VW works the same way but if you flip between different attachments with different resistance it maintains the same power to the coil regardless of what attachment you are using. The only exception is dual coil setups where VV may be the better choice. That it has a digital readout for battery voltage and attachment resistance is a value added bonus, IMHO. Last but not least it has built in protection (use unprotected IMR batteries in it for the best vape) so shorts, over charged batteries, and under charged batteries are a thing of the past. :)

Some good points!! But one I don't agree with. Dual coils actually do quite well using the variable wattage mode. I've been using them for several years on both the Darwin and Vamo. Power regulated variable wattage has another advantage to go along with Oktyabr's example on changing heads and not needing to adjust your setting. Any atty/carto's resistence will change with use. With power regulated variable wattage, it will adjust to this change in resistence unlike variable voltage to keep your vape consistent with how you set it up.

Another big plus to the Vamo, unlike eGo's, lavatubes, etc is it comes with a 5 amp switch instead of the weak 2.5 amp switch of the eGo's. This allows you to use any atty/carto, etc on the market. You can't do that with the eGo's, etc.

Make sure when you get the Vamo to set it to RMS (N02) mode so you will be taking advantage of the variable watt feature. Most of us long time vapers set the watts at about 8 - 8.5 with a 2.8 - 3.0 ohm single coil carto/atty. If using a 1.5 ohm dual coil, a common setting is about 12 watts or 4.5 volts.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
your vamo will let you do as much or little that you will want now or into your future of vaping. Owning it gives you options and the ability to customize your vaping to what suits you!

one thing..when outside be careful not to leave your vamo unattended as seagulls and crows like shiny things :)
(but if a bird can grab it and fly with it you best get inside)

That's so true. Up at the cottage I left my SS Kgo on a table on the deck- came outside 5 mins later and a crow had just swooped down to swipe it. Nothing else around on the table to interest it.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Because:
A) it's cheap
B) it runs VV or VW
C) it's pretty durable
D) it's Shiney
E) It's CHEAP - oh covered that.

VV a way to increase/Decrease Voltage to suite Atomizer Ohms for best performance
VW - Does above for you by putting you Close with any Atomizer change. Tweak to taste

VV - 3.7v >good for 1.8-2.0ohm device >Bad for 3.0ohm >must figure out how many Volts it needs
VW - 7watts >good for any Ohms ... a starting point

D was my deal breaker. I'd scratch the cr@p out if it in 10 minutes.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
VW - 7watts >good for any Ohms ... a starting point
I liked that!

Fixed it - Keyboard is starting to repeat letters terribly lately. Prob is it's a laptop. hate to tear it down again.

D was my deal breaker. I'd scratch the cr@p out if it in 10 minutes.

Battle scars are a badge of honor:D

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Some good points!! But one I don't agree with. Dual coils actually do quite well using the variable wattage mode.

Thanks! I should have elaborated on the dual coil + VW maybe but I'm not really qualified to supply a technically accurate answer. Someone else in one of the advanced forums was basically making the point that the VW circuitry detects one resistance for the combined two coils which because each coil is actually (?) twice the resistance of the pair combined they share the amperage which, at least in theory means you have two coils each getting half as much amperage as a single coil of the same resistance of the pair combined. It sounded like that meant a cooler vape, which of course is easily remedied by turning up the power but it sort of makes the "set it and forget it" nature of VW a moot point. If someone has a better understanding of electronics I'd sure like to hear some verification of this myself.

And I forgot about the 5 amp switch! That's twice what the eVic has and 1.5 amps higher than even that prothingy is apparently rated for. +1 to you, good sir.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    So if a Vamo is variable wattage does that mean it will read and show resistance of atty's on the LCD? Was thinking about ordering one but that's one feature I was looking for.

BTW My vapor store is having a 10% off sale for the month of April, that's why I was thinking about ordering it.

"Use the coupon code "H8EMZ" for 10% off your purchase"

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Apalachicola, FL, United States
    So if a Vamo is variable wattage does that mean it will read and show resistance of atty's on the LCD? Was thinking about ordering one but that's one feature I was looking for.

BTW My vapor store is having a 10% off sale for the month of April, that's why I was thinking about ordering it.

Yup. It does indeed. ;)

indianajames

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Mission, KS
    I have two Vamos, a black chrome and a stainless. I'm a big fan of them so far. Lots of bang for your buck. Also, VW does all the math for you if you switch attachments a lot like I do.

As for scratches, I've not noticed any on either of mine yet, but there are plenty of wraps out there to remedy the cosmetics of it if the need arises.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2009
    Next to the ocean, WA
    oktyabr.wordpress.com

Exhalevapors in Texas has them even cheaper. Use "April10" for 10% off brings the chrome one down to $35.98!!! Of course SS and the like are more but hey, I think that's the cheapest VAMO V2 you can find stateside anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread