Ordered without looking in my tackle box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Got a 10ml bottle of a watermelon because they didn't have larger and I thought I was low. I have a 120ml bottle of that one.

Got lucky and only got a 30ml bottle of a watermelon brand I "needed", I only had 2 other 30ml bottles of. It's used to an even mix with the above flavor so I still don't have enough.

Got 30ml of a brand of pomegranate that I like better than the open 30ml I'm using. While mixing I noticed I had a 30ml bottle on my counter of this flavor. In my tackle box I have a 120ml bottle.

I did get 1 30ml bottle and 1 120ml bottle of flavors I needed and a new to me flavor I wanted to try but turns out everything else was stocking up on already well stocked items. And it wasn't even panic vapocolypse buying because of the threat against flavors.

I moved my tackle box to an easier to access area.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
LOLZ... Thanks for the chuckle. Wish I had that issue. I still haven't pulled the trigger on DIY yet. I got laid off this winter [First time in 3 years] and I wasn't prepared for it. Money is real tight.
I would like to see your chemistry set.

If you could swing just getting started it would save a ton of money. Once I started DIY I stopped tracking my expenses to make sure I wasn't spending more than smoking. Going from $20/wk on liquid to >$2/wk really created savings.
Maybe a small amount of nicotine and a few easy flavors in 10ml (mints/menthol are easy if you like them) could get you started to find a recipe you like.

That's my easier to access tackle box. My most used flavors are on my counter and a lot of these were trial flavors that didn't work out that I hope to find a use for.
0502181120.jpg

(The 3 days 11hours is wrong.. I thought this widget was auto timed to keep track of cig-free.)
My counter from them stopped working long ago. That was part of how I made sure I wasn't spending more than I did on cigarettes.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I've been there too haha.I was getting low on Ry4 double,and knew i would need it again soon,so i rushed and bought another 120ml of it.When it arrived,i opened my flavor box to put it in there,and found a new unopened 120ml already sitting there right in front of me that i completely forgot i ordered a month or so before haha.

Reactions: kas122461

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I've been there too haha.I was getting low on Ry4 double,and knew i would need it again soon,so i rushed and bought another 120ml of it.When it arrived,i opened my flavor box to put it in there,and found a new unopened 120ml already sitting there right in front of me that i completely forgot i ordered a month or so before haha.

I think I stocked up when RTS was having the going out of business sale so it's been a while for me.
But I do know every time I dip into the Wintergreen I panic and have to remind myself I already bought that replacement or I'd have 5 30ml bottles of that.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
IMO we need someone to kick start the DIY Swaps thread again. It's been awhile since anyone has traded anything on there. With all the newbies to DIY in the last 5-6 months especially...surely there are flavorings some people are finding out they don't like and/or will never use again. Or...they bought way too much of it to ever use.

Here's a link to it (most recent posts on p. 9):

Diy swaps - USA Please read first post for rules and guidelines

Another one, to the PIF forum and swaps in general:

Pay It Forward - PIF

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
IMO we need someone to kick start the DIY Swaps thread again. It's been awhile since anyone has traded anything on there. With all the newbies to DIY in the last 5-6 months especially...surely there are flavorings some people are finding out they don't like and/or will never use again. Or...they bought way too much of it to ever use.

Buying too much seems to be an easy thing to do.

I'm not sure I'd do any swapping but it's a good idea.
I'd have to taste some of mine if I did swap. I bought too much (30ml of everything when I started) of some powerful flavors that are said not to keep.

The ones I have 120mls of are like gold to me.

Nicklemile

Apr 11, 2018
North Dakota

Here's a link to it (most recent posts on p. 9):

Diy swaps - USA Please read first post for rules and guidelines

Another one, to the PIF forum and swaps in general:

Pay It Forward - PIF
I like this forum site. There is so much to learn. It is cool that there is a "Swap" thread. Possibly after I have been making my own I will have something to swap. I bought my first three flavors today. For the rest who haven't made the plunge, come on in. The juice is fine.... LOL. Like I know anything yet....? Not so much!!!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I like this forum site. There is so much to learn. It is cool that there is a "Swap" thread. Possibly after I have been making my own I will have something to swap. I bought my first three flavors today. For the rest who haven't made the plunge, come on in. The juice is fine.... LOL. Like I know anything yet....? Not so much!!!

Here is the recipe calculator I like the best. Juice Calculator
Mix small 5ml amounts measuring with syringes (not drops) and then tweek the recipes from there and you should be able to hit on something. Don't start off with high amounts of flavoring, often times less tastes better.
Inwara trends towards small percentages 1%-3%
Flavour Art is usually 1%-5%
The Flavor Apprentice is really random.
You could make a post asking what percentages people have used with a specific flavor if you run into trouble. (There was brand specific threads with a running total but like food recipe sites around the internet some people either have very odd tastes or they just submit stuff without trying.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread