ORGANIC or NATURAL Juice Supplier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Check out NicVape E-Flavors Dark Raz Flavor nj. DA/AP independently tested. They have had some bad reviews re taste, however I've tried a few and they seem OK. The dark raz is very good IMO. I don't think they are organic or natural but they have been developed for vaping only.
Just got my order. Pretty quick. I really like the 'dark raz' flavoring. I got a 60cc bottle. I plan on adding to the open source juice I have which I would've preferred a stronger flavor of and then to make my own.

Ingredients: natural &/or artificial flavoring, USP Kosher Grade PG, Alcohol, &/or Ethyl Alcohol. Artificial color free. DA/AP tested.

On a side note, I ordered diacetyl free organic raspberry flavoring from Nature's Flavors over a month ago & its still "processing." I've emailed them a few times and each time am assured it will be sent out asap but they're swamped. Whenever it comes it comes, but al least now I have something to tide me over for awhile.

Reactions: Vapntime

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I am all for "lowered risk" vaping as possible which is why it is good to do research if you are serious about it.
Both of the quotes are from Kurt, a PhD chemist with 30 years of advanced training in physical, organic, biophysics, bio-inorganic, and theoretical research and teaching. He is co-author on the Farsalinos DA/AP publication (Kistler) and deeply involved with all things chemistry in the e-liquid industry, mostly as a consultant for AEMSA.

Thanks all for your replies.

As for the safety side of this, diacetyl-wise, I agree, organic, natural or artificial flavoring doesn't necessarily make a difference since it's naturally occurring and the only way to know for sure is to get a juice tested.

I realized that I may have made it seem like natural flavors are less prone to diacetyl which isn't necessarily the case.

Dactyl's aside, however, one could argue there's still some degree, though likely negligible, of undesirable chemicals in artificial flavorings & colorings which some may wish to avoid if possible.

My interest in searching for naturally flavored juice stems from the fact that I've never eaten a grape which tastes anything like grape soda. Artificial cherry flavor is common in medicines, cough syrups, cheap candies, etc. but doesn't remotely resemble the flavor of any fresh cherry I've bitten into. Has anyone ever come across an actual strawberry which tastes anything like a twzzler? Now these artificial/fake flavors can be delicious, well loved and desired, but the fact of the matter is they're way easier to find than anything more naturally based, both on the shelves of mainstream supermarkets and when it comes to our e-juice.

I've been dying to find something which tastes more natural and its sort of crazy how hard it is to find. I've blown more money than I care to think about on perfum-like raspberry, fake tasting grape, and chem strawberry juices and wanted to see what, if anything, more naturally tasting is out there. That's my main reason for this thread.

Is the whole scandal with da and ap overblown? Some numbers inside
"You cannot make this conclusion. Natural extract flavors are often full of diacetyl, which is a naturally occurring compound in diary and some fruits. Plus they can contain a lot of other things I personally would not want to inhale (lipids, proteins, polysaccharides, etc). They cost more because they are more expensive to make than mixing synthetic flavor compounds...or they charge what their market will tolerate, or both.
Plus, the term "natural flavor" does not have the definition most people think. It only means it is a compound that is also found in the food. Isoamyl acetate is a natural banana flavor, but it is synthesized in a lab."

So I ordered some Highbrow Cinnamon 20/80. Requested extra flavor after reading reviews which seemed to indicate that the standard mix was a bit soft. I can barely take a half hit before the cinnamon starts incinerating the back of my throat. Deep, authentic cinnamon flavor on inhale. Not a fan of the exhale (tasted of undercooked ears of corn). Hoping that time can mellow out the mix because this one is way too hot out of the mailbox. Easily the most powerful concoction in my cabinet full of juices.

About Cinnamon Flavoring | E-Cigarette Forum
"But it is known that cinnamaldehyde is dangerous to the lungs. Don't have the links at my disposal now, but it is known. And there is a big difference to me between leaching plasticisers, which leads to cracking of plastic and makes you vape plasticisers too, and etching plastic, which is a breakdown of the polymer itself. Plus the lungs have their own surfactant, and inhaling others, like citrus oils, can disrupt that important barrier, if not dissolve lipid bilayers, as in cells. Lots of bio stuff dissolves in them, as well as some polymer compounds, as Katya said.

But, hey, for some these flavors are just too important, and thus vaping them, regardless of risk, is rationalized to be imperative. They are all legal, and people can vape whatever they want. Yes, I am a PhD chemist with 30 years of advanced training in physical, organic, biophysics, bio-inorganic, and theoretical research and teaching. I personally will not vape these oils, for the many reasons I and Katya have stated, based on my knowledge of them chemically, and the tissues they interact with. I don't think any of these are implicated in irreversible lung damage, like that caused by diacetyl, but there could be incremental and sustained lung impairment, which I thought was what we were trying to avoid by vaping."

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
ˆˆˆAwesome post Truli!!! Thank you! This is why I've steered clear of creamy flavors. It is disappointing that some fruity flavorings can also culpable.

When I placed my order with nature's flavors, I saw a huge variety of many flavors. Some were deemed organic (with a USDA Certified Organic stamp of approval) some were not. Some were identified as being diacetyl free, others were not. I happened to find 2 raspberry flavorings which were deemed both "diacetyl free" & "organic." Can't wait to try em out.

So cinnamon & citrus are also out. I love the work these doctors are doing. Ignorance is bliss, but to actually know one way or the other what the effects are is vital.

Last edited:

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
unnamed.jpg
Free State vapor: Organic Award Winning Eliquid | Free State Vapor

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I happened to find 2 raspberry flavorings which were deemed both "diacetyl free" & "organic." Can't wait to try em out.

But are they AP free and independently tested nj, sorry to play devils advocate but this is what keeps me away from those flavorings which I have considered.

Reactions: nj1001

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Extremely good point since AP was designed to replace DA so manufacturers could say "DA free" as is the case with this stuff.

I wonder how much it costs to have a sample tested at vapor shark? I'm sure they'd only need a small sample. I just emailed them asking. I'll post their response.

Last edited:

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Enthalpy's response:
"Nick,
Thank you for the inquiry. Most manufacturers are testing either pure flavors and/or final products for Acetoin, Diacetyl and 2,3-Pentanedione (Acetyl propionyl) at this time. The detection limit is ~1.00 ppm by GC/MS as the cost is $150/sample ($125 for submissions of >10) + $15 per certification report if needed. Other harmful constituents in final e-liquids that we test for are Tobacco Specific Nitrosamines (TSNAs) and Nicotine concentration confirmation. The TSNAs are $150/sample and Nicotine confirmations are $50/sample."

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Yea, I think at this time it is only nicvape and flavorart that are supplying test results for DIY flavors (I might be wrong) also there are the vendors here for juice: The Diketone free tested vendors list
I use Nude Nicotine for my base, they test for Tobacco Specific Nitrosamines (TSNAs). They also test there VG and PG for impurities. I vape unflavored 50% of the time and add a few drops of nicvapes DIY flavors (which I have only recently found) the rest of the time. I started out vaping only 100% VG and certified organic or 'natural' juices for nearly two years... cost me a small fortune to get them here to Aus. I became aware of the whole 'organic' diacetyl issue during that time, I also found out that 100% VG was giving me bad asthma. So, I decided it was time to vape anything :D ignoring my strict requirements. The only positive that came out of that was I found out that by vaping a little PG (around 20%) would ease my asthma. However, I also noticed a decline in lung function and a dry cough. I was vaping juices loaded with diketones at the time. I'm not going to say that's what caused it but I did become very serious about diketone free juices and my options after that. Sorry for my vaping life story... :)

Last edited:

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Just got off the phone with nature's flavors. They called to apologize for my month old order which they couldn't fill. Luckily, I placed another order a week ago which I was told they're shipping out today.

While I had them on the phone I asked about AP. The assured me that their certified organic DA free line is also AP free. They said it is kept pure and free from any additives.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Just got off the phone with nature's flavors. They called to apologize for my month old order which they couldn't fill. Luckily, I placed another order a week ago which I was told they're shipping out today.

While I had them on the phone I asked about AP. The assured me that their certified organic DA free line is also AP free. They said it is kept pure and free from any additives.

"Pure" and free from "any" additives ? I call BS, merely marketing tactics to suck in the GMO croud .........................

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Lol! Perhaps. They'd be able to improve their marketing to such crowds if they actually put it in writing/labeled it rather than finding it out by word of mouth from an employee. It would also be nice if they could substantiate these claims with lab reports. I wonder if you can label a product USDA Certified Organic containing non-organic ingredients. This might answer that.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Lol! Perhaps. They'd be able to improve their marketing to such crowds if they actually put it in writing/labeled it rather than finding it out by word of mouth from an employee. It would also be nice if they could substantiate these claims with lab reports. I wonder if you can label a product USDA Certified Organic containing non-organic ingredients. This might answer that.

You can label it anything you want when there's no "USDA" regulating / inspecting the juice for inhalation use...........

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Yes, thats true, but I was talking about a flavoring company. They're not an e-juice company. They sell flavorings which are meant for human consumption and therefore are regulated by USDA & FDA.

Since when was food and beverage flavoring FDA/USDA approval the same as human inhalation, here's one without the "BS" "all natural no certificate, they are a flavoring company as well with real certificates, 3rd party testing E-Cig Flavors - FlavourArt | EcigExpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread