Organic Vape Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Do you WANT to vape organic flavors or is this just pressure from the family? My brother worked in a Whole Foods once, and let me tell you, "Organic" is a term that is used Very Loosely... There is no certification process that I know of to determine whether something is organic or not, and a lot of sellers just want to charge a markup, often for goods that "look" organic (blemished apples for example).

I don't mean to be a downer, it's just that "organic" e-juice is probably way more expensive and not necessarily any better for you. It's kind of like "natural" versus "artificial" flavoring... Sure, natural flavoring is DERIVED from natural ingredients, but I promise you once the lab has finished its extraction and flavor process, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's really all that different from "artificial" flavoring.... The lab process pretty much does whatever it wants to get that natural flavor extracted then totally chemical-ized.

I'm not saying trying organic ejuice is a terrible idea, I'm just saying.... You may find yourself paying a premium to try organic e-liquid and run through a lot of expensive flavors and still not finding yourself with something you like.

Did you smoke "organic" cigarettes? Those are pretty pricey. I'm wondering if your family is just freaking out about the whole "flavors will kill you" mess.

Good luck with whatever you decide though....

Anna

Andrew blocker

Sep 28, 2017
Do you WANT to vape organic flavors or is this just pressure from the family? My brother worked in a Whole Foods once, and let me tell you, "Organic" is a term that is used Very Loosely... There is no certification process that I know of to determine whether something is organic or not, and a lot of sellers just want to charge a markup, often for goods that "look" organic (blemished apples for example).

I don't mean to be a downer, it's just that "organic" e-juice is probably way more expensive and not necessarily any better for you. It's kind of like "natural" versus "artificial" flavoring... Sure, natural flavoring is DERIVED from natural ingredients, but I promise you once the lab has finished its extraction and flavor process, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's really all that different from "artificial" flavoring.... The lab process pretty much does whatever it wants to get that natural flavor extracted then totally chemical-ized.

I'm not saying trying organic ejuice is a terrible idea, I'm just saying.... You may find yourself paying a premium to try organic e-liquid and run through a lot of expensive flavors and still not finding yourself with something you like.

Did you smoke "organic" cigarettes? Those are pretty pricey. I'm wondering if your family is just freaking out about the whole "flavors will kill you" mess.

Good luck with whatever you decide though....

Anna

Organic is bul..... My fiancé’s mom was just diagnosed with stomach cancer and all she eats it organic food. If it doesn’t have the usda label she won’t buy it. Tell me how this works? Eat organic and then get stomach cancer? Kind of scares me to buy organic food.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't be scared to eat organic food, and I'm not exactly sure that it "caused" your fiancé's mom to get cancer, sometimes you just get cancer (though I am sorry to hear it), it's more like eating regular, non-organic food for the most part, unless you do get something organic which is getting harder and harder these days given the proliferation of GMO seeds and foods and etc.

Some stuff IS organic, it's just that there is really know way to know which. I'm not afraid of GMO either, though I think it is a terrible idea in many cases, though it has allowed food production in areas that were previously famine areas and some other good things I just don't think it's really been around long enough to know whether it's particularly safe or not, but I mainly think it's an awful idea because we have one seed company controlling a lot of the market, and doing things like making seeds resistant to round up, etc.

It's a bit like keeping smallpox alive in a lab (yeah, I read the Stand) interesting idea and yeah, you may want to study it, but there are just some paths that we don't need to go down, necessarily, and the way GMOs are being treated right now is not very good, with one company having a monopoly on seeds (that have to be purchased every year, since they're all modified that way, and.... I could go on, but I think I'll stop. :)

Anna

Reactions: lupinehorror

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
My family is getting on my case about using organic e Juice... they are health food nuts.

I tried two juices from KIND and was not that impressed. Anyone tried Kai’s Virgin Vapes? Any other organic juice I should try?

I wouldn't be scared to eat organic food, and I'm not exactly sure that it "caused" your fiancé's mom to get cancer, sometimes you just get cancer (though I am sorry to hear it), it's more like eating regular, non-organic food for the most part, unless you do get something organic which is getting harder and harder these days given the proliferation of GMO seeds and foods and etc.

Some stuff IS organic, it's just that there is really know way to know which. I'm not afraid of GMO either, though I think it is a terrible idea in many cases, though it has allowed food production in areas that were previously famine areas and some other good things I just don't think it's really been around long enough to know whether it's particularly safe or not, but I mainly think it's an awful idea because we have one seed company controlling a lot of the market, and doing things like making seeds resistant to round up, etc.

It's a bit like keeping smallpox alive in a lab (yeah, I read the Stand) interesting idea and yeah, you may want to study it, but there are just some paths that we don't need to go down, necessarily, and the way GMOs are being treated right now is not very good, with one company having a monopoly on seeds (that have to be purchased every year, since they're all modified that way, and.... I could go on, but I think I'll stop. :)

Anna[/Q For some strange reason Monsanto comes to mind:)

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Vape Organics

USDA-Certified Organic, 100% VG E-Liquid
Taste the difference
We offer the first USDA-certified organic e-juices, proudly adhering to the highest standards of quality control, cleanliness and transparency. The first certified organic nicotine in the world, exclusive to our e-liquids, is extracted in-house from organic tobacco grown in the USA. All Vape Organics e-liquids are completely free of: propylene glycol, GMOs, artificial sweeteners, and synthetic chemical additives & pesticides.

Then after all the hype. They naturally have this disclaimer.

WARNING: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
California Proposition 65 WARNING: Nicotine is a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Probably expensive too

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Natural flavors can be just as synthetic as artificial flavors, they are also processed in a lab and subject to multiple chemical processes.

Organic means no added ingredients, no pesticides, grown naturally, not fed growth hormones or dead parts of other animals (in the animal world) or expired antibiotics.

If you are using regular tobacco in your mixes, it is probably not organic, unless you purchase "organic" tobacco which would be grown without additives, not sprayed with round up, GMO, etc. I smoked "organic additive free" tobacco for years (American Spirits) but I am not fully convinced of the accuracy of their claims.

If you are using a different type of tobacco, it's not organic, merely using actual tobacco for actual flavors. But unless you have chemically tested "organic" tobacco, you don't know if it's organic or not.

I'd actually be a bit concerned by some "organic" flavorings as they sometimes contain trace amounts of essential oils and other things that aren't so fantastic for vaping. Even if the makers of said flavorings totally disclosed every ingredient in the making of their flavorings, it's uncertain whether THEY know whether their materials were sourced organically, and they might include things that, yes, AREN'T normally included in flavorings, out of necessity.

I'm not saying all organic flavorings are bad, I just think they would need to be approached as cautiously as anything else, for a variety of reasons. They don't have the same history as far as flavoring vape juice that more conventional e-juices do, they aren't even being tested for formaldehyde levels and etc. yet.

Sometimes the Devil you Know... etc.

Anna

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I am a bit surprised that this was the latest of just a couple threads talking about "organic juice" in the search box. I dont use the forum much lately so I may be missing more discussion about "organic" juices, and I don't want to get into a debate, but am just wondering if that is not so much a concern as many many many of us come here out of health concerns... Just saying.
I know there are multiple thousands of vapers any many are health conscious even if they have some vices, I just expected more discussion on this subject.
btw I've been vaping for 10 years and actually prefer vaping much more than smoking. Like smoking I do it to excess, using 3mg nic and about 10-15ml a day.
I eat only organic, and am health food indoctrinated, but have used TASTE as my guide to what juice I vape so far.; no questions asked. Quite a paradox I know.
My wife is not one to let sleeping dogs lie and I finally gave in and ordered some Kind juice.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Anyone tried Kai’s Virgin Vapes? Any other organic juice I should try?
A long while ago. My all time favorite flavor was her Kona Velvet Milkshake, which she had to discontinue due to some of the ingredients becoming too difficult to procure. But the Kona Coffee Milkshake 19 reviews is nearly as good. I don't know why I stopped ordering it. :unsure:

The other website I used that used organic flavorings is no longer making juices. I generally found that organic flavorings were more...flavorful.

Last edited:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Contrary to popular belief Organic doesn't mean no pesticides. There is a list of pesticides they are allowed to use and still call it organic.

They are allowed to use any pesticide derived from natural sources. Some of those are quite nasty substances. So even if it is man made chemical as long as it occurs in nature it can be used.

The National List | Agricultural Marketing Service

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread