Organic vg juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    My juice is an organic vanilla with all vg. No pg. Looking for advice on tanks/coils that don’t burn too hot. Right now I use the mt32 kanger coil 1.8 and its too hot. Batteries are ileaf. Thanks.
    If u mean Eleaf, it's adjustable and you can probably turn down the wattage pretty far with that coil.

Patricia47

Jan 12, 2017
    Just add a very small amount of distilled water to your juice (up to 5%) and use less watts (as mentioned)
    If u mean Eleaf, it's adjustable and you can probably turn down the wattage pretty far with that coil.
    It’s down as low as it will go. Will try the distilled water. Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    A very small bit of distilled water goes a long way. Do the math and get a syringe or eye dropper to add the water.
    BTW, don't ever get coils from e-bay (been there, done that) Actually, I don't think e-bay does vape stuff anymore.
    I have got (occasional) bad coils (that were authentic) It happens... bad quality control.
    One last thought. Do you lock the settings on your mod (battery)? Pay attention and make sure it doesn't change on you. I have a mod that when I change the battery (18650) I have to lock it again or it can change.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Just add a very small amount of distilled water to your juice (up to 5%) and use less watts (as mentioned)
    I even came across few online comments where folks said they cut the juice with 10% distilled water with success. Any thoughts? I haven't tried yet, I ordered distilled water last week and it arrived yesterday, but the reason for me is different than thinning the juice. My girlfriend gets dry mouth from vaping and I want to see whether adding some water will help her combat that.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    What wattage is it set at? Should go down to 5 watts or lower, that's quite cool for most folks. Perhaps this coil is bad or they slipped a hotter coil in there?
    I'd guess it's because of pure VG, I've killed few MTL coils with 70/30 VG/PG before so I imagine pure VG would wick even worse. Maybe that distilled water Vaper1960 suggested would do the trick

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    BTW, don't ever get coils from e-bay (been there, done that) Actually, I don't think e-bay does vape stuff anymore.
    Not sure about US but here in UK there's plenty of vaping stuff on ebay. And you're absolutely right, i bought really bad smok nord ceramic coils on ebay (genuine- checked with smok app), and also 4 packs of innoking prism coils that tasted like I was vaping on an old sock. Don't even know if genuine or no as i threw away the boxes the day I received them for more compact storage, mistake....

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    I even came across few online comments where folks said they cut the juice with 10% distilled water with success. Any thoughts? I haven't tried yet, I ordered distilled water last week and it arrived yesterday, but the reason for me is different than thinning the juice. My girlfriend gets dry mouth from vaping and I want to see whether adding some water will help her combat that.
    90VG/10H20 is my standard. Works very well.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Organic juice is bad for your coils in general.
    I didn't clue into that... yes, many flavors are made for candy/bakery and can have ingredients that clog coils (like sugars) and even oils that may not be good to vape. We have had threads about people buying flavors from the grocery store and having issues (oils and/or alcohol)

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Sounds good, at what wattage/ what coil types though? Will it wick well with, say, 1.4-1.8ohm factory mtl coils?
    No problem what so ever.
    I use 0.7ohm through to 1.6 zenith and1.8 nautilus coils. Right now my unflavoured is 5%DW and is running through a zenith 1.6 coil and two rta's with 1.2 and 1.37 coils.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    No problem what so ever.
    I use 0.7ohm through to 1.6 zenith and1.8 nautilus coils. Right now my unflavoured is 5%DW and is running through a zenith 1.6 coil and two rta's with 1.2 and 1.37 coils.
    I really need to try. Like I wrote before, 70VG killed a few of my coils before: innokin prism 1.5ohm, 1.2 ohm coil for voopoo finic 20, and recently one 1.8ohm coil in horizontech magico nic salt stick which survived 2 days... Same coils worked fine with 50/50. I just received a parcel with like 30 new flavor concentrates and got some food grade distilled water so I'll try 5% DW, thanks

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    I really need to try. Like I wrote before, 70VG killed a few of my coils before: innokin prism 1.5ohm, 1.2 ohm coil for voopoo finic 20, and recently one 1.8ohm coil in horizontech magico nic salt stick which survived 2 days... Same coils worked fine with 50/50. I just received a parcel with like 30 new flavor concentrates and got some food grade distilled water so I'll try 5% DW, thanks
    Just checked that I was vaping 5% DW, Im not :D Sorry for the misinformation.
    Its 6.06% :)
    That might not sound like much difference, but it is.
    With the Innokin Prism coils I was using 10 to 13% DW.
    As I moved through Aspire Nauts and Innokin Zenith coils I found I could reduce the amount of DW. With an RTA like a berserker V1.5 and similar I can use 5%.
    The reason Im using 6.06% right now is because, 1ml 100mg nic(in VG base), 2ml DW, 30ml VG = 33 ml of 3.03mg nic with 6.06%DW. Its a quick easy go to batch to last about 10days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread