001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:

crazelee

May 30, 2014
Hong Kong
What do you think of it? I've been looking at it, but I'm not 100% sure about it yet. Does it leak in the pocket as some gennies tend to do?

I think it's the best gennies compare to my other gennies like kraken and sat22, I use dual coil with cotton and it have stronger fav and VP, and sorry i just use it at home so I don't know if it leak in the pocket. :)

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Most Genesis attys will leak if you're running ss mesh, but I haven't tried this particular one

Based on Raidy's original design of the genesis atomizer, it's only a genesis if it's using SS Mesh. (This has largely been forgotten, but his design was revolutionary at the time so I feel it worth remembering)

The gennies I owned never had that problem, but I know it's a fairly common issue with them.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Gennies don't have to leak. Use a nozzle from an e-liquid bottle as a fill hole plug. Not all kinds will work. The narrower center hole, the better. Idea is to let air in through a hole too small for liquids to get out.

Would love to try an Origen... but I'm having a really hard time pulling the trigger on an atty without a glass tank.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

crazelee

May 30, 2014
Hong Kong
Gennies don't have to leak. Use a nozzle from an e-liquid bottle as a fill hole plug. Not all kinds will work. The narrower center hole, the better. Idea is to let air in through a hole too small for liquids to get out.

Would love to try an Origen... but I'm having a really hard time pulling the trigger on an atty without a glass tank.

Origen Genesis already have plug screw for fill hole.:)

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Origen Genesis already have plug screw for fill hole.:)

That's not too uncommon. It's just that with some setups, completely plugging the deck will prevent proper wicking. You'll get negative pressure in the tank when liquids get sucked out, preventing further liquids from getting to the coil in a timely manner.

That's when you want a plug with a tiny hole in it instead of just leaving it wide open. :)

Reactions: Vaslovik

mrdeltoid

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Sweden
I think it's the best gennies compare to my other gennies like kraken and sat22, I use dual coil with cotton and it have stronger fav and VP, and sorry i just use it at home so I don't know if it leak in the pocket. :)

Where did you buy it from? I pulled the trigger on the FC one a couple of days ago.

CloudKick

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Based on Raidy's original design of the genesis atomizer, it's only a genesis if it's using SS Mesh. (This has largely been forgotten, but his design was revolutionary at the time so I feel it worth remembering)

The gennies I owned never had that problem, but I know it's a fairly common issue with them.
Mmm no. Raidy was the first person to wrap wire around a wick in this fashion but not the first to suggest SS mesh as a means of wicking ejuice. And his creation was called a "genisis" not a genesis as we use now. I know this not only because I was privy to his German post on this forum when it occurred (under a different name no longer used), but because the owner of the first B&M shop in SoCal had a cabinet of mech mods with "genesis" attys in his office prior to Raidy's influential post. You probably should know who he is if you were around back then, he now owns a plethora of stores up and down the coast. Not to say that Raidy wasn't genius, but to say he was the first to suggest SS mesh as a wick is simply untrue. He did quote his creation as a genisis with SS mesh in his device though.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I bought the FC one as well and seem to be getting a short when setting up the coil. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Yep something is definitely not right with the FC version. I've tried numerous builds and none of them fire on any of my DNA devices.

Have you tried checking for shorts with no coils installed? Might be a burr or something creating a short inside the atty. Check for conductivity on the 510 connector. Without coils, there shouldn't be any conductivity.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Mmm no. Raidy was the first person to wrap wire around a wick in this fashion but not the first to suggest SS mesh as a means of wicking ejuice. And his creation was called a "genisis" not a genesis as we use now. I know this not only because I was privy to his German post on this forum when it occurred (under a different name no longer used), but because the owner of the first B&M shop in SoCal had a cabinet of mech mods with "genesis" attys in his office prior to Raidy's influential post. You probably should know who he is if you were around back then, he now owns a plethora of stores up and down the coast. Not to say that Raidy wasn't genius, but to say he was the first to suggest SS mesh as a wick is simply untrue. He did quote his creation as a genisis with SS mesh in his device though.

Thanks for the history lesson! I was reading about it back in 2011 when Raidy's stuff was really popular. I guess even then some of the facts were distorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread