OT -- Any recomendations for a PG free life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Not sure where to post this, but since this site made me aware of PG I would like to hear the experience of others. I'm pretty sure I'm sensitive to PG. I imagine it is to me what kryptonite is to Super Man so I'm hoping to completely remove it from my life. The problem is this product is put in everything.

If you have a sensitivity to PG, have you removed it just from vaping or do you avoid it in other products (including deodorants, detergents, tooth paste, mouth wash, bakery goods, skin care, first aid, soap, perfumes & colognes, and the list goes on and on and on) as well? If so, how do you go about it? Are there any web sites dedicated to issues like this?

rustybikes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Concord, NC
I'd check with a doctor first.

This.

As you mentioned, OP, PG is in way too many things to actually achieve a truly PG-free life. If you are sensitive and can't vape it, that sucks, but IIRC, sensitivity by inhalation is not necessarily a predictor of sensitivity via skin-contact or ingestion. A doctor is certainly more qualified that any of us are to answer that.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
I am one of those people who can only vape 100% VG, even the nic base and flavors can not contain PG for me. I had a very hard time finding juices that weren't too thick or that had any flavor to them...until I found Virgin Vapor. Her juices are 100% Organic VG and she will custom make them for you any way you like. She thins mine for me and adds extra flavor, so I am getting juices that wick well, don't clog my cartos and taste out of this world! Of course this is just my input and am only offering to try to help OP...good luck.:)

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
To the OP, what does vaping PG do to you? Any breathing problems as a result?

Yes, tightness of chest, breathing burns a little, etc. When I tried it before vaping was painful. I'm taking allergy meds (bad ragweed allergy) right now and seem to tolerate it better but still get the tightness in my chest, slight burning, shortness of breath, etc. Before it was so bad before I could barely vape.

I did start buying PG free toothpaste and my gums are starting to feel much better. I also don't need to use Listerine to keep my mouth from aching (can use other mouthwash now).

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I've read of people who have cut pg totally out of their life but it takes a big effort. If it's something you're truly interested in try looking for vegan/organic/green lifestyle forums.

I went to an organic grocery last night to scout it out and found PG in many of their deodorants, etc.

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway
This.

As you mentioned, OP, PG is in way too many things to actually achieve a truly PG-free life. If you are sensitive and can't vape it, that sucks, but IIRC, sensitivity by inhalation is not necessarily a predictor of sensitivity via skin-contact or ingestion. A doctor is certainly more qualified that any of us are to answer that.

this is not so..as someone highly allergic to PG I can say there is a whole line of cosmetic products that dont contain PG called herbal clear..hope that might help

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az
I wish you luck in trying to live pg free. YOU will have to moniter every thing you eat drink apply to your skin and vape. I do not mean this in a sarcastic way so please dont take it that way, but just about the time you achieve a pg free lifestyle you will discover that you are breathing in,eating drinking or applying other things to your skin that can do you as much harm as pg. Life is a dangerous journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread