Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I thought a fun way to get to know each other better is to let everyone post their favorite things. I know the top of the list will be children and our GG's. That goes without saying. I also love that first cup of coffee in the morning. Sheets dried on a clothes line. Sleeping next to an open window with fresh air blowing on your face on a hot night. Listening to a gentle rain while you are dry. Weaving baskets and wasting time on my computer.

What are your favorite things?

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Woodturning, woodworking, women :lol: (the three dubyas), firearms, metalworking, ceramics, cooking (I was a professional chef) sculpture, painting, drawing, RC helicopters, RC airplanes, Hell anything with RC in it (hold the cola please), photography, engineering, building handplanes, toolmaking, custom handplanes (buying them or drooling on them), Musclecars, fine instruments, did I mention women (well one in particular), art, artists... I'll have a side of raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, hold the copper kettle and pass the mittens.

And of course, anything that comes out of Imeo's head. Damn I have a LOT of expensive hobbies/interests. GG's are probably the least costly of all of those, and one of my favorites. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
My#1 would be the company of good friends and I guess I have to mention flying since I've been doing this for the last 26 years although Days Off come a close second!!

I also like Golf but don't get the chance to play that much anymore

This is the Airbus A340-600 I currently fly (at least one of them, we have lots)

EY A346 above.jpg

Last edited:

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I like my wife and family + food, cool cars & trucks, good times, and a good laugh. I have a young English Bulldog and an old border collie that wait for me to come through the door like I'm part of their pack. When the day is long and lonely I listen to rock & roll or Howard Stern (Bobba Booey) on my radio, and browse the internet.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I enjoy the responses. This a fun get together.

We all love our cars and pets. I drive a Jeep Wrangler that I enjoy a lot. Last week my parrot that I had for over 30 years died. I miss him. We have I guess 3 dogs now. People down the road moved and left a great dane behind. My husband has been feeding her for the last couple of months anyway. She has been gaining weight. I hope it is just because she is well fed and not pregnant. She looks like Marmaduke and her name is Mama Duke. We have a long haired chihuahua and a long haired Jack Russel. They are both very sweet. My husband has also been feeding some feral cats. They are cute but they are untouchable.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
dsnin the sound of a well struck golf ball off a 3 iron, you just know you've creamed down the center of the fairway is also one of those magical moments in life. That's when the GGTS comes out the bag as you make your way to find your ball on the green 5 feet from the cup. Clouds of vapor engulf the green

Last edited:

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
great post.

I love my family, especially our new niece Giulia
74ab692f.jpg

my Duke
2012-01-08_14-12-26_578.jpg

Duke puts up with alot from our daughter, yet takes it all in stride
832e7066.jpg

I love my Helga (should say loved)
6aa1f9d0.jpg

But she was a hot lady. 2L dual carbs, bored and stroked. She ate mustangs for lunch
58403c67.jpg

Knifemaking
1ab0b3dd.jpg

Gun building
76249b21.jpg

Top is curly maple, bottom is quartersawn curly oak
ba7a4ac4.jpg

Small targets, really far away
2ada45b7.jpg

And my cherry tree in Spring
5e0d3620.jpg

Last edited:

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Martinc, I see I'm not the only one who likes things that go fast. I'd ride that Ducati like it was stolen!!!! I would get in a whole world of trouble on that, which is why I could never own one! However, I can still appreciate one ;)

Nice Dag!
Yepper, me too. In 1979 i confirmed I can't be trusted to behave on motorcycles. Yamaha RD 400 2 stroke almost killed me

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
I am in recovery. 4 yrs clean and sober. Had a Harley sportster, but wrecked it while all messed up on junk. I now am really involved volunteering with helping addicts get started in there recovery. Love my family and of course the wee dogs (2 dochshunds). Enjoy scifi, and a good intilectual conversation.
Life is good.

a6f82061-4b5c-8e76.jpg

This is what I do for a good laugh
a6f82061-4ac1-91eb.jpg

He got ...... when I tried to take the teeth back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread