Status
Not open for further replies.

Wren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Chi-town
Hi All-

Had a question. I read all the new member info, and understand you have to post a certain amount to access other forums. I also saw that between 5 and 15 posts you can only post in certain forums.

Does anyone know which these other forums are? I could not find a list. I would really like to participate in the DIY but don't want to be a post .... just to up my count.

As a suggestion to the wonderful mods on the site it might be good to make this info available in the "Why do I need to post 5 times..." stickey.

;)

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I've PM'd them and hopefully they will add that to that particular sticky for future new members. Glad to have you on board! I've been DIY'ing since about the same time I started vaping. It's the only way to go in my opinion. It's cheaper, you can make anything you want to without wasting too much juice, you know what the juice has in it, there's never any danger of running out of juice this way, and it's really fun! Something I picked up early on was a tip for trying a new flavor or mixing flavors that I'll share with you. If you want to try some flavors together BEFORE you waste it on juice, you can:

Dispense out 5 mls of water into a glass
Put one drop of each flavoring you want to try together into the water.
Smell and taste to see if you like it.

Note that you DO NOT put nico into the mix at this point!

It's really helped me decide how much flavoring and what flavorings do and do not go together without wasting it.

Wren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Chi-town
Oh, what a wonderful suggestion!!

I have been using Dan's excel program to calculate ratios, and have been doing 5ml testers. Tonight I got the first mix that I really really liked! FA Honey, Cherry, and Oakwood, 60/40 pg/vg with 12mg nic. It is wonderful!

I'm so excited to keep learning! Today I bought a little plastic three shelf container and organized all my bits and flavors, what fun!

But the water idea is just brilliant, thank you!! :)

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
You're welcome. I latched on to that also when I found it reading one day. I've found it very helpful. If I don't like the taste of one drop, sometimes I'll add two..it kind of helps you with what ratio you need to go with also. And once I tried some orange and found it toooo orangy? lol! So I thought for a second and added a drop of vanilla, which really helped cut the orange down some and ended up adding the vanilla to my orange when I actually made the juice.

Something else you need to look into is glass containers. If your stuff dosen't come in glass, I'd highly recommend you put it in glass when it arrives. Plastic has a tendency to react with PG VG, flavorings and nicotine. I found a really good place and bought all glass bottles for all my stuff here...

Cobalt Blue Boston Round Glass Bottle 1 oz w/ Dropper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread